The Student Room Group

Overweight dad says I need to exercise

My parents are making me crazy at the moment :mad:
I am home at my parents' because I have to (illness in the family). I have been some on holiday, but there is not too much to do here, so I use the time mostly to relax, read etc, sometimes to run errands with mum. Now my father (who is strongly obese) has a really low bar of people just relaxing, and asked my mum on the phone whether she got me to take an evening walk with her and that I need the exercise.
I am 5"9 and weight 120 pounds. I live quite active when I'm not here, and when I stayed at my parents alone (before they came back two days ago) I took 2-hours powerwalks often. I'm going to pay by the hour at the gym here as well if possible (they only accept yearly memberships). Anyway, they are annoying me, usually they complain about me being too focused on weight and looks - last summer I exercised every day and ate very little to get in shape. I can never manage to reply back even though I want to tell them to **** off.
Reply 1
:lol:
fatty
Reply 3
Obvious insecurity of his, kinda obvious no?
tell him you don't listen to fatty's for advice on life.
call him a "fat f***", that should give him some exercise.
Reply 6
Tell him that you will do it if he does?

That way you can either help him get into shape OR just go all out the first time and make it so hard that he never wants to go again?
Reply 7
Original post by Liam 09
Obvious insecurity of his, kinda obvious no?

I don't know, he's not an insecure kind of person. When he's joking about his weight it's a defense mechanism, obviously. But it is clear that I shouldn't lose weight. It's just like he's made up in his mind that I am too lazy, but of course I am only home on holiday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending