The Student Room Group

Is it better being underweight or overweight all your life?

If you had to be underweight or overweight, which one would you choose and why?
Reply 1
Underweight.
Prefer a thin body appearance with lower body fat % to either being fat or having a thicc looking appearance with a visibly higher quantity of body muscle.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Underweight.
Prefer a thin body appearance with lower body fat % to either being fat or having a thicc looking appearance with a visibly higher quantity of body muscle.

I prefer being underweight because I don't need to worry about any weight gain or exercise like everyone else in my family does. Instead I just have to eat whenever I want.
Reply 3
Original post by Anony345533
I prefer being underweight because I don't need to worry about any weight gain or exercise like everyone else in my family does. Instead I just have to eat whenever I want.

Staying slim & healthy also requires the dietary consumption of essential vitamins, water, fibre, proteins and fats that the body needs along with regular exercise.
I'm still the same weight I was as a 13 year old and operate a daily calorie restriction range.
But I also need to exercise to stay physically active and healthy.

After a while the metabolic rate will slow down and health problems arising from a lack of exercise, lousy genetics or dietary shortfalls will rear their ugly heads.
This can affect the appearance of hair or skin, energy levels, tooth decay, sleep disruptions, pain levels or blackouts.
It's better being a healthy weight.

Quick Reply

Latest