The Student Room Group

Girls-what do you eat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't count calories or anything like that, but I do consciously avoid foods that are high in fat, as I am trying to lose weight (or at least not put any on!). Obviously I'll have the odd thing as a treat, but I do have to watch myself, as if I ate everything I wanted to I'd be the size of a house :biggrin:

On a typical work day I would have:
Breakfast: Weetos with skimmed milk
Lunch: Ham sandwich, low-fat yoghurt, apple, orange
Snack: Low-fat yoghurt, banana, apple, kiwi
Dinner: Something that contains meat and some sort of carbohydrate, with veg e.g. Gammon and mash with veg
Sometimes I'll treat myself to a little pudding, like a few choc buttons or some angel delight.

When I'm at home I generally have bigger lunches and cut out the snack.

I jog 5 miles about 2 or 3 times a week, and also do an hour of pilates a week (when I can). Plus my job is pretty physical, so I'm pretty much constantly walking around for 12 hours about 3 or 4 times a week.
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't bother counting calories. Usually I'll have -

BREAKFAST
Melon & apple

LUNCH
Cheese sandwich and more melon/apple

DINNER
Pasta with cheese, ice lolly

SNACK
Melon, sometimes chocolate.

I really love melon at the moment.
Reply 22
I never eat breakfast because during school week I'd rather sleep than spend that time on eating. I'm never hungry in the morning so I don't want to force myself to eat.

Lunch completely depends on where I am. If I'm at school, I won't probably eat anything. Maybe a piece of bread with some margarine on it or steamed veggies if it's offered. If I'm home, I'll eat a strawberry yoghurt and/or a piece of bread.

Dinner is always something homemade. It depends on what I want that day. Sometimes it's fish and potatoes, sometimes it's pasta and meatballs, sometimes it's sweet and sour chicken with rice, sometimes it's tuna salad with cottage cheese etc.

If I'm staying up late, I'll eat snacks which are usually just yoghurt, coffee/tea, fruits or bread. Sometimes I may have something special. I usually eat the same kind of snacks for months, then I get bored and start to eat something a bit different.

Nowadays I'm very lazy so I don't do much. I only walk and on a normal day I walk quite a lot because I don't have a car and I don't use busses. I used to have exercise routine and I was biking almost every day. It didn't have much effect on my weight because I tend to eat more if I do more exercises. But I used to have better eating habits when I still had my food diary... I probably eat too much carbs and not enough protein.

Original post by Jesseecar123
Whatever I want, but that's resulted in me being a size 16 so it needs to stop! Food just tastes so good!

Food used to taste so delicious but I have lost my appetite lately, nothing tastes good anymore :frown:
Reply 23
I don't check packets, I'll usually eat what I want.
I didn't have anything to eat but the chinese buffet yesterday though, but I did go up 4 times so it's cools.
Lol I'm overweight.

Breakfast is either cereal/toast/yoghurt or if I'm feeling really evil a croissant & coffee
Mid morning snack is fruit but today I had a mini kitkat because I fancied it.
Lunch is either soup/porridge/tuna sandwich/salad or cous cous
Dinner last night was homemade soup but it could be anything. It is usually homemade & wholesome otherwise it is scrambled eggs on toast or something if I'm knackered or food is low.

I rarely eat dessert unless I have dinner and I'm still hungry-may be a couple of biscuits & tea or fruit or something.

Exercise wise I walk home uphill for 30 mins and run up escalators on the tube but that's it. I really need to get a decent hobby.

If I'm feeling conscious I'll eat according to calories & fat content but most recently I've not focused on that. I probably should start a diet or something but I'd say I'm reasonably balanced in my diet.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by I<3LAMP

If I'm feeling conscious I'll eat according to calories &amp; fat content but most recently I've not focused on that. I probably should start a diet or something but I'd say I'm reasonably balanced in my diet.

Wasn't it you you used to have the Kit Kat cake in their sig? I made it for a friend's birthday and it was incredible, so thanks!

Today (fairly average day):
EXERCISE:
3 mile run this morning ( I do this 5 times a week)
Zumba class after tea (I've just taken this up and hopefully will do it twice a week)
I also do hour long bike rides about 3 times a week and want to take up squash and swimming again

FOOD:
Breakfast- Cereal + semi skimmed milk. I love this cereal but it's really sugary so when I finish it I'm going to switch to porridge

Snack- White chocolate cookie

Lunch- Probably a wholemeal tortilla wrap with tuna and salad or houmus and salad. One soya yogurt for dessert, plus some fruit as a snack

Dinner- Pasta with tomato sauce plus a banana or other fruit for dessert

I do think about what I eat but I don't obsess over it. I used to be very very careful about what I ate and ended up very skinny, but I had a total change in mind set last year and now I just try to be healthy but I don't really worry about calories or fat content too much (I try to stay off the chocolate and so on but I know that a little bit won't kill me!).
I hope that helps!
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm trying to lose weight, but what I eat hasn't really changed much, I've just added a lot of exercise.

Breakfast: 1 slices of toast (with marmalade) or porridge. + fruit and glass of water
Lunch: Ham sandwich, fruit (differs), water. If my blood pressure is dipping (i have a condition) then I'll add a bag of crisps for the salt intake.
Dinner: obviously differs. But typically a small portion of something like Lasagna with peas/ stir fry/ meat with veg...
Snack: If I ever need to snack, it's fruit.
slim fast for breakfast
slim fast for lunch
dinner, just dinner, normal sized plate, I don't think about it too much (well, I don't go for ridiculously calorie laden dinners like whoppers and chips otherwise the slim fasts would be pointless, but within reason I don't think about it too much).

or sometimes I have slim fast for dinner, and eat the meal for lunch instead. whichever.

I'm 10lbs over normal BMI at the moment so I'm trying to lose weight, (obviously lol)
Original post by prescilla
I never eat breakfast because during school week I'd rather sleep than spend that time on eating. I'm never hungry in the morning so I don't want to force myself to eat.

Lunch completely depends on where I am. If I'm at school, I won't probably eat anything. Maybe a piece of bread with some margarine on it or steamed veggies if it's offered. If I'm home, I'll eat a strawberry yoghurt and/or a piece of bread.

Dinner is always something homemade. It depends on what I want that day. Sometimes it's fish and potatoes, sometimes it's pasta and meatballs, sometimes it's sweet and sour chicken with rice, sometimes it's tuna salad with cottage cheese etc.

If I'm staying up late, I'll eat snacks which are usually just yoghurt, coffee/tea, fruits or bread. Sometimes I may have something special. I usually eat the same kind of snacks for months, then I get bored and start to eat something a bit different.

Nowadays I'm very lazy so I don't do much. I only walk and on a normal day I walk quite a lot because I don't have a car and I don't use busses. I used to have exercise routine and I was biking almost every day. It didn't have much effect on my weight because I tend to eat more if I do more exercises. But I used to have better eating habits when I still had my food diary... I probably eat too much carbs and not enough protein.

Food used to taste so delicious but I have lost my appetite lately, nothing tastes good anymore :frown:

I wish I could lose my appetite! Hello skinny :smile:
Original post by Vulpix
Wasn't it you you used to have the Kit Kat cake in their sig? I made it for a friend's birthday and it was incredible, so thanks!

Today (fairly average day):
EXERCISE:
3 mile run this morning ( I do this 5 times a week)
Zumba class after tea (I've just taken this up and hopefully will do it twice a week)
I also do hour long bike rides about 3 times a week and want to take up squash and swimming again

FOOD:
Breakfast- Cereal + semi skimmed milk. I love this cereal but it's really sugary so when I finish it I'm going to switch to porridge

Snack- White chocolate cookie

Lunch- Probably a wholemeal tortilla wrap with tuna and salad or houmus and salad. One soya yogurt for dessert, plus some fruit as a snack

Dinner- Pasta with tomato sauce plus a banana or other fruit for dessert

I do think about what I eat but I don't obsess over it. I used to be very very careful about what I ate and ended up very skinny, but I had a total change in mind set last year and now I just try to be healthy but I don't really worry about calories or fat content too much (I try to stay off the chocolate and so on but I know that a little bit won't kill me!).
I hope that helps!

Yeah it was me. :colondollar: I love colourful sweet treats.

Ooh you have a mega exercise regime. Good work!
I eat anything in sight. :rofl2: I don't really have much of a sweet tooth though. I prefer fast food and takeaways :mmm: But I restrict myself because it costs too much money to eat them all the time.

-Breakfast is usually cereal or jam/egg on brown toast.

-Lunch is normally a sandwich, baguette or panini

-Dinner is normally a chicken or pasta dish.

:h:
Reply 31
Original post by I<3LAMP
Yeah it was me. :colondollar: I love colourful sweet treats.

Ooh you have a mega exercise regime. Good work!

Thanks! I'm lucky because I really enjoy exercise, although it goes downhill in the summer or when I'm at uni! Plus once you get started I just feel all bubbly and full of energy haha
Original post by Vulpix
Thanks! I'm lucky because I really enjoy exercise, although it goes downhill in the summer or when I'm at uni! Plus once you get started I just feel all bubbly and full of energy haha

I just feel pain and breathlessness, the only thing I enjoy is hiking as the scenery is generally pretty. :smile:

I think I need some motivation I guess. Uni destroys healthy habits!
Anything that is delicious and nutritious. :h:
I eat whatever I want at the time. I know it's not the healthiest, but I just can't make myself pick a pear over a chocolate bar. :emo:
Reply 35
Original post by I<3LAMP
I just feel pain and breathlessness, the only thing I enjoy is hiking as the scenery is generally pretty. :smile:

I think I need some motivation I guess. Uni destroys healthy habits!

It does! Apart from anything else when I'm at home I like cycling and running in the countryside but I hate doing that in a city. I think I'm going to try a sports club next year though to try and keep myself fit!
I'm currently on a diet, but I'm not being too restrictive with it or else I'll end up giving up within a day.

Breakfast: If I have it, I'll usually have an apple and a bit of toast with a cup of tea/coffee.
Lunch: Usually a salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, baby spinach, half fat mozzarella and vinaigrette. But today, I'm having soup.
Dinner: Completely depends! If I'm making it myself, then I usually have pasta or rice with sauce, but if my dad makes it then it's usually something with meat, potatoes and lots of veg.
Snacks: Sunflower seeds, fruit, yoghurt and the odd biscuit.

Exercise: I go to a zumba class once a week, swimming once a week, running about 3-4 times a week and I'm intending on going to the gym soon.
Reply 37
Far far to much

Breakfast 1
two wetabix and a cup of tea and a cup of coffee

Breakfast 2
1/2 a grapefruit, two wetabis, a glass of orange juice a cup of tea, a glass of smothie and a yogurt

elevenses
an orange and a bannana and a cup of coffee

Lunch
A bowl of soup, a sandwich an apple and a cup of tea

mid afternoon snack
a coffee and a chocolate bar

dinner
some form of main meal such as lasagna

after dinner snack
mini milk ice cream

horlixs befor bed
Reply 38
I eat whatever the hell I want, and if I start to not like how I look/feel I do about 10 minutes of exercise and then I go back to not giving a crap :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Sprockette
Well I'm diabetic and Coeliac and I lose weight easily if I'm stressed or have to break my routine so eating is an issue for me!

Breakfast: Porridge (gluten free oats) with full fat milk and canderel, 2 slices toast + scrambled egg. 1 Activia good-bacteria-drink things and of course the obligatory tea! I was bad as I had to get money for the bus - an emergency! - on the way to work so I had half a packet of crisps too. Oops!

Lunch: Brown rice with bolognaise with lots of mushrooms and courgettes I cooked the night before - I usually have a ham, tomato and cheese sandwich with mayo plus a banana. I had a banana today too. Also if I had more time I would probably eat more too!

Tea: Ham, tomato and cheese sandwich. Tea. A peanut butter and banana sandwich (They are my current addiction, plus money problems, bananas are cheap!). The other half of my packet of crisps lol 3 pieces of fudge that I stupidly bought a few days ago at work - never buying it again, way too much sugar!? An apple and a piece of melon. Some Aero orange chocolate... I feel like eating more but I'm resisting :tongue:

I recently went to a personal trainer to gain weight/strength and because I've weirdly never felt hungry, I used to only eat because it was breakfast/dinner time and to balance my sugars. So he helped me get hungry - but now I can-NOT stop eating!!! I come home at night and could literally keep eating until I go to bed. Not good. I should have been happy underweight lol

huh?

Quick Reply

Latest