The Student Room Group

Am I unhealthy?

I am a 17 yr old girl who has normal weight for my height but wanted to lose a few pounds. I am pretty sedentary, so I decided to eat about 1600 calories a day. I am careful about nutritious food (recent blood test showed my levels were ideal). In the last two months I've lost 5 pounds, but my period stopped completely for both months, and I have been EXTREMELY regular with moderate-heavy periods for the past 4 years, so this is bizarre. I am more curious than concerned (who wants bleeding and cramps every month?) but wondered if anyone had any ideas as to whether I am being unhealthy. I don't feel abnormal except for the fact that I always feel full, even when I have a late meal. I attributed this to eating more nutritious food. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Could the diet have caused this, or do you think it's a coincidence?
Reply 1
See your GP; you can't be diagnosed by random strangers on the internet.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
See your GP; you can't be diagnosed by random strangers on the internet.
OP here-My GP didn't know and said come back if I've got the same problem in 4 months. I'm not looking for a diagnosis, I was just curious and wanted to hear some thoughts from other girls who had a similar thing happen.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
OP here-My GP didn't know and said come back if I've got the same problem in 4 months. I'm not looking for a diagnosis, I was just curious and wanted to hear some thoughts from other girls who had a similar thing happen.
'Could the diet have caused this?' No-one on here will know. You didn't mention the doctor, so go with his advice.
Reply 4
Stopping having your period is never a good sign. You should see your GP and genocologist.

Quick Reply

Latest