The Student Room Group

ALevel poetry help ASAP

Hi I need help coming up with ideas for the theme of transgression in the Poem EAT ME -
Original post by mmm908hnjib
Hi I need help coming up with ideas for the theme of transgression in the Poem EAT ME -

Hey, I'm doing this poem too! I think something to consider first of all is the ending of the poem, where she "rolls" on top of the guy, and then the line "there was nothing left in the house to eat"; the sardonic tone could represent how the female narrator has just become so numb to the transgression that she creates this tone. Additionally you could argue how the female narrator will never be free of that relationship through the connection of cannibalism and over-indulgent love to the point that you want to eat that person (there could be a point in parallel of consummation there, with female narrator literally consuming, and then the male narrator mentally consuming her). And then you could think about the guy wanting "big" girls that he can "burrow" into; while this isn't as big as a crime as cannibalism but is quite an offense to that persons autonomy. This could connect to the complexity of the relationship as unhealthy as she does it for sexual pleasure, and thus makes that transgression slightly more complicated. Ok that's all I can think of for now, but if you want any more help just reply here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending