The Student Room Group

bullying at sixth form by ex-friends

november of year 12, a new girl who joined our friend group in sept said something about me being annoying after months of easing into the group and becoming close to all my friends. they started to talk **** about me behind my back all of a sudden, and this continued for over 2 months where i had absolutely no idea and kept going back to them, eating lunch with them because i didnt sense anything. whole time, they talked **** about me as soon as i left the room. then, one of them told a friend the stuff they'd been saying about me and that friend told my best friend who told me. this happened in january, and it completely ****ed me up. i couldnt eat, i deleted all my photos with them, blocked them on everything and was just overwhelmed by digust and betrayal. and they found out i knew, and the backbiting became bullying. i reported it to the school but as all of the things they said were through word of mouth and not to me directly, the school couldn't prove anything. its now march, and most of it's decreased a bit but there are still 3 or 4 girls who laugh whenever i enter a room, ***** about me, give me dirty looks, and just ruin my day every single ******* day.
i hate year 12 so much i just cant do this and i'm failing all my subjects
i dont know who to trust anymore, and i've gone from talking to plenty of people a day to barely anyone. i hate school so much, and i used to love it up until i found out. i dont know what to do and its ruining my life. i just cant do this anymore i want to leave but its too late into the year, i feel so *****y and helpless and sad all the time
You were told by a friend, so you might be able to ask that friend to report the bullying. I would also try and report the laughing and stuff when you walk in a room because you can see that.

I would also try and do some things you enjoy (hobbies) to act as a distraction and maybe find some new people who understand you - it may not be possible, but it may be worth a try if it is a possibility.

If you feel that you are struggling with your mental health, it may be worth going and speaking to your GP about it - they may be able to refer you on to some more appropriate support.
My mother was bullied by some very mean girls when she was in school, who would assault her every time she walked home. My grandmother told her time and time again to fight back, and one time she did. She went crazy on them, and after that they never went near her again. Things like that won't work for everybody, but I think that there is always an opportunity for you to stand up for yourself and call them out on what they're doing directly. While talking to school staff will make it an official issue, the truth is that schools can't magically stop something from happening and even if they could there are some skills that really can't be bothered to deal with bullying, such as mine. Obviously don't beat them up, but if you feel confident enough I think it's worth considering telling them how it is.
Reply 3
Original post by amelia5757
Original post by Anonymous #1
november of year 12, a new girl who joined our friend group in sept said something about me being annoying after months of easing into the group and becoming close to all my friends. they started to talk **** about me behind my back all of a sudden, and this continued for over 2 months where i had absolutely no idea and kept going back to them, eating lunch with them because i didnt sense anything. whole time, they talked **** about me as soon as i left the room. then, one of them told a friend the stuff they'd been saying about me and that friend told my best friend who told me. this happened in january, and it completely ****ed me up. i couldnt eat, i deleted all my photos with them, blocked them on everything and was just overwhelmed by digust and betrayal. and they found out i knew, and the backbiting became bullying. i reported it to the school but as all of the things they said were through word of mouth and not to me directly, the school couldn't prove anything. its now march, and most of it's decreased a bit but there are still 3 or 4 girls who laugh whenever i enter a room, ***** about me, give me dirty looks, and just ruin my day every single ******* day.
i dont know who to trust anymore, and i've gone from talking to plenty of people a day to barely anyone. i hate school so much, and i used to love it up until i found out. i dont know what to do and its ruining my life. i just cant do this anymore i want to leave but its too late into the year, i feel so *****y and helpless and sad all the time

Girlllll let the haters hate. I’ll be ur friend ofc .. do u have ig?

noo but i have snapchat !
Original post by varsh_xx
Original post by amelia5757
Original post by Anonymous #1

Girlllll let the haters hate. I’ll be ur friend ofc .. do u have ig?

noo but i have snapchat !

I’ll private msg u on here and give u mineeeee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending