The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ilickbatteries
I don't mean doing it for them, I mean just explaining the basic process of applying.

The poster said the school didn't explain anything, so I thought the school would at least be sensible enough to explain student finance to people, what it is and how to apply for it, etc. Our college took us through all the steps of applying.

yer i don't mean them doing it for us, i am fully aware at my age i should be able to do this sort of thing, and i can. It just would of been massively helpful if theyd pointed us in the right direction, because how do you know if you're doing something right if no-one tells you? Plus, my school were absolutely no help with ucas either. i only found out about things like ucas points because of the internet.
If there is a change of situation,
what happens if you dont tell SFE
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, we have no responsibility for a family's personal finances. At the school where I work, we highlight the existence of the website, remind of the deadlines and that's it. As the documentation has to be provided by the student and their parents, it is none of our business. The UCAS form is a different matter as the school writes the reference for it. If a student is not able to take responsibility for acquiring the money to go to university at this age, they really should consider whether higher education is for them.

I'd hate to have you as a teacher. Who pissed you off? It's called helping and explaining. No, you shouldn't have to do it for them but it doesn't hurt to explain things and answer someone's questions. I think you should consider whether you should really be working at a school with that cold attitude. You probably make kids cry.

Latest

Trending

Trending