The Student Room Group

In that dreaded unemployed over summer position :(

I've had a job since I was 14. Now I'm 19 and haven't managed to find a job over the summer. I'm doing volunteering to fill in my time but I'm just so worried about having money for uni in September. Last year I worked full-time over the summer and had loads of money saved up. This year I got offered a job in the city where I was in uni but turned it down because I wanted to come home for summer, applied for every job going here but had no luck with them. Now there's only 6 weeks until I go back to uni and nowhere's going to employ me for that length of time. I just feel so useless, all my friends have got jobs that their employers before uni held for them. And I'm also lying about working to my uni friends because I don't want them to think I'm lazy and stuff :frown: Hate this position!
Same thing here :frown: Since i got my first job i've never been unemployed for long but there is NOTHING availible at the moment, i haven't even mentioned that i'm off to uni in September. Virtually all of my friends are working as much as possible to save up for uni and it's so ****ing frustrating being in my position, i feel so useless. I know it's a difficult time but i keep thinking that it's something wrong with me.

I've had to dive into my savings in order to have something to live on this summer and i'm really starting to dread September. It looks as if i'll have to max out my overdraft before my loan even comes in. Awesome.
I'm in the same boat. But, keep looking guys. You never know, something might turn up.
Reply 4
I thought I'd be in this position all summer until I got a lucky break last week. Just keep trying and maybe sign up to a few agencies; the work they'll give you will be rubbish in all likelihood, but at least it will give you a bit of money and another few lines on the old CV.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending