The Student Room Group

Malia, Zante, Kavos, Ayia Napa or Magaluf?

Scroll to see replies

Joining late to this convo but...

This summer of 2019 have been to both malia and ayia napa.
I've got to say Ayia beats malia hands down.
In ayia, the clubs are bigger, better and it's less of the just a bunch of sweaty lads in a fairly small club...
In Malia, the strip is small and the clubs are really not very big.

The only slight difference is that in malia you get into the clubs for free but in ayia you pay normally 10 euros unless there's a sick event on.

And yes flights to ayia might cost a bit more. But you can find some pretty cheap accom to negate this.

Clubs aside, ayia is just a nicer place. There's stuff for everyone, and for far more price ranges as well. So if you wanna go for a real nice meal or go for a nicer drink. It's there. But equally if you don't thats cool too.

Honestly, having gone both. take the jump and go ayia. You won't regret it.

hope this helps some people xx
Original post by Kizza
I'm going on a girls holiday 2012 and was thinking of going to Kavos, but after reading reviews about it stinking has put us off. I'd like atleast 1 day relaxing on the beach to get a tan, but apparantly the beach is a **** hole.

Our next choice is Malia, after seeing a Youtube video of the strip. The whole set up looks alot better, and seemed more packed and lively. I heard the beach wasn't too bad either.

Then again, we wouldn't mind going to Ayia Napa either!

We pretty much want to go somewhere that's really packed for a good atmosphere and cheap.

Please share your experiences, so we can try to make a decision. I know there are Booze Cruises for the day, but is there anything else to do apart from those? How late are the pubs/clubs open too? We want to be up all night partying!

Also, any hotels we should go to/avoid?

Is 500 euros enough spending money for a week, we will want self catering and probably would just go to Mcdonalds or something.

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hey! Personally i think maga and napa are the best options! Ive not heard great things about kos and when i went to malia it was very small - only a few bars/clubs and the beach wasnt the best. I have been to maga and that was a lot bigger and loads more to do with really nice beaches :smile:. Hope this helps!!
Sophia :smile:
I went Malia last week with my mates ( 10 of us )
The strip was fun, drinks were hella cheap and the clubs (Apollo especially) were amazing.

One thing though, in terms of getting laid and getting head in malia is not as easy as some make it seem. I was there for 5 days and none of my mates got laid or got head. All I was able to get was a couple of snoggs every night, which is okay but I just thought it would be easier to get laid cuz of the stories I had heard about Malia. The only ppl who were getting any action were some chavs who had brought their friends from school to malia and got them wasted then ****ed them. Anyways the waterpark is a good offer (25€) for the whole day and I recommend going to Geo’s bar at the end of the strip. Any questions feel free to ask.
we are finishing a levels this year... we went zante last year but are looking at napa and maga and even hideout in croatia... what would be the best option and why
Virgin ****
Reply 65
Dubai

Original post by Kizza
I'm going on a girls holiday 2012 and was thinking of going to Kavos, but after reading reviews about it stinking has put us off. I'd like atleast 1 day relaxing on the beach to get a tan, but apparantly the beach is a **** hole.

Our next choice is Malia, after seeing a Youtube video of the strip. The whole set up looks alot better, and seemed more packed and lively. I heard the beach wasn't too bad either.

Then again, we wouldn't mind going to Ayia Napa either!

We pretty much want to go somewhere that's really packed for a good atmosphere and cheap.

Please share your experiences, so we can try to make a decision. I know there are Booze Cruises for the day, but is there anything else to do apart from those? How late are the pubs/clubs open too? We want to be up all night partying!

Also, any hotels we should go to/avoid?

Is 500 euros enough spending money for a week, we will want self catering and probably would just go to Mcdonalds or something.

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 66
Original post by Urmomgaylol
Virgin ****

mary lol
Original post by oscargompels123
Joining late to this convo but...

This summer of 2019 have been to both malia and ayia napa.
I've got to say Ayia beats malia hands down.
In ayia, the clubs are bigger, better and it's less of the just a bunch of sweaty lads in a fairly small club...
In Malia, the strip is small and the clubs are really not very big.

The only slight difference is that in malia you get into the clubs for free but in ayia you pay normally 10 euros unless there's a sick event on.

And yes flights to ayia might cost a bit more. But you can find some pretty cheap accom to negate this.

Clubs aside, ayia is just a nicer place. There's stuff for everyone, and for far more price ranges as well. So if you wanna go for a real nice meal or go for a nicer drink. It's there. But equally if you don't thats cool too.

Honestly, having gone both. take the jump and go ayia. You won't regret it.

hope this helps some people xx

The best time to go to Zante is early September, my cousins have gone in July/August and say it is not as good. All children have gone back to school and ALL STUDENTS were there. Had a great time, am going again this year in the first week of September with a group of friends. Went to Hotel Plaza Zante in first year, loved it, so we are going back - great student vibe because no adults book then (all inclusive). A must is the WhiteParty and the yacht party.

Quick Reply

Latest