The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Everyone's jumping on the 'Arsenal suck!' bandwagon, and it's pretty pathetic.

Yes they've got their season off to an absolute horror show, but when you put in into perspective; they've got a ton of injuries and 3 players suspended. They're still going to beat the lesser teams quite comfortably as they still have the relevant quality and match winners to do it.

It's only been 3 games in,ffs, wait for the dust to settle and I reckon they'll find their feet again.

Football fans are so fickle!
Original post by TheRustaman
Everyone's jumping on the 'Arsenal suck!' bandwagon, and it's pretty pathetic.

Yes they've got their season off to an absolute horror show, but when you put in into perspective; they've got a ton of injuries and 3 players suspended. They're still going to beat the lesser teams quite comfortably as they still have the relevant quality and match winners to do it.

It's only been 3 games in,ffs, wait for the dust to settle and I reckon they'll find their feet again.

Football fans are so fickle!

4. They've had 4 players banned after 3 matches. Injuries are unavoidable, discipline is not.
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
4. They've had 4 players banned after 3 matches. Injuries are unavoidable, discipline is not.

Indeed, I am simply saying that these players are not always going to be banned, so they will significantly improve for the rest of the season. Any team in the league could have beaten the team Arsenal fielded against Utd last weekend.
Reply 183
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Should they really?

Obviously the 4 biggest clubs are now

Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Manchester City

Replace "liverpool" with tottenham and then you're correct

Maybe Arsenal should give the Emirates Stadium to a bigger club like Leyton Orient and Arsenal can move into their ground? :hmmmm2: Just a thought.

What an absolutely brilliant idea, maybe you should email the arsenal board?
Original post by kly45
Replace "liverpool" with tottenham and then you're correct

You mean the team with 0 points, 1 goal scored and 8 conceded? They are morally defficient atm and playing badly. Liverpool have 7 points and are looking twice the side of recent seasons. Liverpool will battle for 3rd with Chelsea.
Should they really?

Leeds United 1-0 Manchester United in the Cup. Leeds beat a fairly strong United side, stronger than the side Arsenal lost too, NQAT!

Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal in the League. Weak sides.

You could really argue that Sunderland, albeit two or three players have an overall STRONGER side than Arsenal on paper, other than up front, there is no doubting that, they certainly have a far SUPERIOR defence.

Obviously the 4 biggest clubs are now

Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Manchester City

Arsenal = small club.

QPR are even BIGGER, hence why Traore left to join them because they're going up, Arsenal are going down. Also proven by QPR having 3 points after 3 games and Arsenal having 1 point. :rofl:

Maybe Arsenal should give the Emirates Stadium to a bigger club like Leyton Orient and Arsenal can move into their ground? :hmmmm2: Just a thought.

LETS BE REAL ABOUT THIS. THERE WILL ONLY BE 1 BIG CLUB THIS YEAR WITH FLY EMIRATES ON THEIR SHIRTS AND THAT CLUB IS PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN, NOT ARSENAL. :cool:

Jeremy Menez, Javier Pastore, Nene, Blaise Matuidi > Arsenal FC. FACT!

So, the question is, should Arsenal be given a 3 star rating on FIFA 12?

3.5 stars max, even that will be unrealistic. Odemwingie > Van Persie, exactly why Wenger tried to buy him for £4m a few months back.

Aresenal is more of a stepping stone club.
in fairness to OP, if any of jenkinson, koscielny, szczesy, djourou, rosicky, arshavin, squillaci are rated above 75 then there is something wrong with fifa

and i believe that would probably render them a 4 star team at most, so maybe not 3, but they don't deserve to be 4.5-5 (which i expect the makers will make them anyway, which is clearly nonsense)
Indeed, I am simply saying that these players are not always going to be banned, so they will significantly improve for the rest of the season. Any team in the league could have beaten the team Arsenal fielded against Utd last weekend.

Stop making excuses. United had injuries, Liverpool have had Gerrard out for ages yet have started the season extremely good. Arsenal should have depth and they haven't which cements the fact that they are a small club.
Goalkeepers
Almunia
Szczesny
Fabianski
Mannone
Defenders
Sagna
Vermaelen
Koscielny
Squillaci
Djourou
Jenkinson
Gibbs
Midfielders
Diaby
Rosicky
Ramsey
Song
Wilshere
Arshavin
Frimpong
Eastmond
Lansbury
Strikers
Park
van Persie
Walcott
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Gervinho
Chamakh
Miyaichi
Bendtner
Campbell

Other than the players in bold, no-one should be above 80.
You mean the team with 0 points, 1 goal scored and 8 conceded? They are morally defficient atm and playing badly. Liverpool have 7 points and are looking twice the side of recent seasons. Liverpool will battle for 3rd with Chelsea.

Liverpool in my opinion will finish second behind United this year, going closest since Benitez did a few years back. They've got real depth in Midfield, two solid wing backs who get forward and can deliver and they also have more strength on the wings, Downing has looked amazing so far this season. They also have different types of forwards who offer something different.
Reply 191

Never again can Arsene Wenger moan about the discipline of other teams, and as a Stoke fan he's made more than his fair share of comments about us.

8 yellow and 3 red cards in 3 games is nothing short of dire.
They've had 1 more red card in the first 3 weeks than we had all last season.

This season's fair-play table so far, makes for an amusing read :biggrin:
Liverpool in my opinion will finish second behind United this year, going closest since Benitez did a few years back. They've got real depth in Midfield, two solid wing backs who get forward and can deliver and they also have more strength on the wings, Downing has looked amazing so far this season. They also have different types of forwards who offer something different.

Care to test this on FIFA 11? Man City vs Liverpool for 2nd place.
(edited 12 years ago)
ARSENAL'S FUTURE:
No decent transfers = Arsenal's worst Season
LOL
Stop making excuses. United had injuries, Liverpool have had Gerrard out for ages yet have started the season extremely good. Arsenal should have depth and they haven't which cements the fact that they are a small club.

I'm not making excuses, I'm a Liverpool fan.
I just think the bashing of Arsenal atm is over the top, they'll still finish in the high end of the league table, even with their depleted squad.

And yes, things are looking positive from a Liverpool's fans perspective :biggrin:, don't want to get ahead of ourselves though!
Care to test this on FIFA 11? Man City vs Liverpool for 2nd place.

Not sure if serious...
Why didn't the chicken cross the road?

'Cos FIFA said it didn't.
Not sure if serious...

I was challenging AreYouDizzeeBlud. He's on my friend's list on Xbox :biggrin:
Reply 199
Are you dizzy blad?

Quick Reply

Latest