The Student Room Group

What sort of music do girls like?

what sort of music do girls like? i'm having a house party in a few days with a bunch of girls coming and theres this bird i want to pull. i heard that girls like boys who have similar music tastes as them so i would like to know what sort of music they like to improve my chances. i'm happy to play anything as long as it isnt some sh*tty pop songs like cheryl cole or muse. thanks

Scroll to see replies

Not all girls like the same type of music :pierre:
Hahahaha... Wait, you're kidding right?
Just because we are the same gender doesn't mean all of us girls like the same thing :facepalm:

P.S. I don't think it would be wise for you to throw a party as you're clearly socially inept.
Reply 4
All girls like Britney Spears, Aqua, Christina Aguilera, Cheryl Cole, the Backstreet Boys and Steps, clearly.

Play Barbie Girl or 5, 6, 7, 8 and she'll be putty in your hands. :colonhash:
only death metal
most parties I go to are organised through facebook, so everyone attending can offer their music choice.
really simple and easy

but for you; a party in a few days would have to mean that you would be watching music channels all day
play the latest hits, like pitbull ft neyo etc
tom jones :awesome:
Reply 9
A bit of Barbie, a bit of Justin Bieber, a bit of Miley Cyrus, a bit of Cher Lloyd, a bit of Rebecca Black and the girls would be fighting over you!

You put the words 'sh*tty' and 'pop' next to Muse :gasp:
(edited 12 years ago)
If you're trying to pull, why don't you ask her what music she likes? Talking is a good way to get involved with a girl... we love to talk. And shes not gonna fall for you because of your music choice. You can pick what you want as long as its not embarrassing!
Reply 11
Original post by MereBeing
You put the words 'sh*tty' and 'pop' next to Muse :gasp:

He also put Cheryl Cole and Muse in the same genre, lol :biggrin:
Reply 12
You're kidding, right? :wtf:
Reply 13
i really want to say justin bieber to mock you but i actually love justin bieber <3
baby baby baby OOOOOHHHH like baby baby baby WOOOAAAHHH.
i hope that helps.
Reply 14
Original post by Bezaberry
He also put Cheryl Cole and Muse in the same genre, lol :biggrin:

I was just too overwhelmed to acknowledge that part :eek:

...but hahaha!
This is very silly, not everyone has the same music tastes. Maybe play the music you like and see if she does too? Or just put music channels on the telly 'cause then you can't help what's being played.

Orrrrr just talk to the damn girl and ask her what kind of music she likes!
Reply 16
I see the TSR Generalisation brigade has arrived.
Reply 17
Original post by Harry Redknapp
what sort of music do girls like? i'm having a house party in a few days with a bunch of girls coming and theres this bird i want to pull. i heard that girls like boys who have similar music tastes as them so i would like to know what sort of music they like to improve my chances. i'm happy to play anything as long as it isnt some sh*tty pop songs like cheryl cole or muse. thanks

I tapped my foot to the sultry tones of the Smiths as I scrolled up and down through my iTunes library. House party imminent, sick beats required. I was down with that.

I found some Jason Derulo that I'd entirely forgotten about, and I pressed play. Sickly sweet aural vomit flooded my ears. It could not be unheard.

"You like this kind of music, right, babe?" I inquired, shooting a pervy wink at my friend Nina, who sat at the edge of my bed, clutching the latest edition of OK!

She looked over, shrugged, and went back to reading her magazine.

Course she does. She's a girl. They like this kind of ****, besides, the music channels are never wrong.

I made a mental note to Photoshop Cheryl Cole's face onto a topless picture of Matthew Bellamy's body. That would be a hilarious conversation piece I would no doubt make full use of at my party.

I started burning a CD, ensuring I didn't forget some Justin Bieber, for good measure. This could not possibly go wrong.
Vladimir Ashkenazy's Nocturne No 2 in E Flat Op 9 will drive the bitches wild.
Wow you're such an idiot. Are you like 10?

Latest