The Student Room Group

Lost in Translation? We are here to help...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
linguist786
thank you for the post. you will now be added.

--------------

"to prove to be" - "prouver que l'on est"

that is definitely correct. i remember using it.

i assume you wanted the french translation. you didn't specify you see!

Sorry, yeah it was in french I was after :smile: Thanks!
Reply 21
Oooh can i be added to French and Spanish? I'm doing both for AS too :smile:
Piggy
Oooh can i be added to French and Spanish? I'm doing both for AS too :smile:

thanx. ur added.
Reply 23
Does anyone know the french equivalent of "anti-semitic" ? Is it anti-sémite? Or am I way off? (most likely) :confused: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 24
Just William
Does anyone know the french equivalent of "anti-semitic" ? Is it anti-sémite? Or am I way off? (most likely) :confused: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I think it's usually seen as antisémite.

Edit: Yes- google.fr returns more results for this spelling.
Can I join please? It should be quite handy for my French skills :smile:
Reply 26
Can I join? I'm doing A2 Spanish (got an A at AS, woooo), y me gusta la traducción :biggrin:
Paddy
Starsailor and paddy357 are now both added
hmmm...ANY language?
mizfissy815
hmmm...ANY language?

oh yes ANY language. i should make one for gujarati and urdu, but i'm clearly gonna be the only one! and its not like anyone would want a translation in those languages anyway!

why? which language do you have in mind?
Arabic...but like you said I doubt anyone will need it.
mizfissy815
Arabic...
and basic Somali :redface:

hehe when i saw ur profile, i kinda thought it'd be Arabic! i love the arabic language! its so lovely when its spoken..! i think i'll add it, plus i think i myself will need a few arabic translations, purely because of my love of it.

as for "basic somali" i think i'll leave that out.. unless anyone else wants it?

sorry if i sound "authoritative"! if anyone has any suggestions for any other languages, please feel free to post. no-one has mentioned Italian as of yet, which is a bit strange...

another thing guys... i speak Gujarati and Urdu. do you think i should add them? i mean, it'd be so cool having loadsa loadsa languages, n'est-ce pas?!
if i add them, i will add basic somali as-well! but it depends on what the other linguists think...
I agree! Arabic is an amazing language! It's a lot more expressive than english...
I change my mind...don't add somali...how embarrassing would it be if I was asked something I don't know and I'm somalian?...:redface:
Forget about that one. Sign me up for arabic though!

--------------
Thank you!
Oh...and its mizfissy815...not missfizzy...
I don't fizz. :p:
mizfissy815
I agree! Arabic is an amazing language! It's a lot more expressive than english...
I change my mind...don't add somali...how embarrassing would it be if I was asked something I don't know and I'm somalian?...:redface:
Forget about that one. Sign me up for arabic though!

what do you think about gujarati and urdu though? i'm pretty fluent in them. do you think i should add them? if u give me the "go-ahead" - then at-least one person will have agreed, so i will add them.

btw, u have been added for Arabic

lol sorry about the name error...been changed now! lol @ "i don't fizz" - that made me laugh!
I'd say go for it.The more languages the better...I wanna learn some urdu myself. All I can say is ...apco chai shai he? and apco dood chai he?....:redface:

hehe....
mizfissy815
I'd say go for it.The more languages the better...I wanna learn some urdu myself. All I can say is ...apco chai shai he? and apco dood chai he?....:redface:

hehe....

haha lol. i will add them then. i had to read that a few times to understand it! i think what u meant was "apco chai chah-ye?" and "apco dood chah-ye?"
(would you like some tea? would you like some milk? is what u meant, right?)
but very good!
lol...yes that is what I meant! I didn't know how to type that..
mizfissy815
lol...yes that is what I meant! I didn't know how to type that..

maybe you were "fizzing" at the time? lol i'll shurrup. its getting too irrelevant!

anymore languages, anyone?
I can do Italian :wink:
Duck and Cover
I can do Italian :wink:

uuummm...ok. but (no offence) are you pretty fluent in it? i mean, GCSE and all that... i mean we need translators that are generally quite fluent - meaning like A-Level standard since most of our translation crew are AS/A2 level students, or native speakers!

but never mind, i'll add u.

sorry if that sounded patronising! u seem like a damn good linguist anyway. i'm sure ur good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending