The Student Room Group

a level arabic paper 1

so I have my paper 1 arabic on Tues and if I'm honest there isn't enough resources for it online especially for the new spec , so I want this to reach anyone who has possibly already done them? or that is being actually taught this by some experienced, as I am teaching myself this and I did my GCSE for this however the A level in general is more complicated and it leaves me a bit anxious about it as a whole
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

idk sorry :frown: but im replying so people can see this post in the latest
im doing a level arabic but my exams tomorrow and honestly its a struggle - im doing edexcel
Original post by ilalala
so i have my paper 1 arabic on tues and if i'm honest there isn't enough resources for it online especially for the new spec , so i want this to reach anyone who has possibly already done them? Or that is being actually taught this by some experienced, as i am teaching myself this and i did my gcse for this however the a level in general is more complicated and it leaves me a bit anxious about it as a whole

starting in two HOURS going in with prayers only helpp
(edited 1 year ago)
howd u find it
Original post by Ilalala
starting in two HOURS going in with prayers only helpp
Reply 5
Hi, i did the exam. I honestly kind of struggled with the first half of the paper. i did question 7 and it was semi ok. not sure. you?
Original post by Lujxin.
howd u find it
Original post by Atest05
Hi, i did the exam. I honestly kind of struggled with the first half of the paper. i did question 7 and it was semi ok. not sure. you?

heyy omg actually i chose 6 but i ran out of time honestly the translation threw me off it was rlly random talking about buildings to football
Reply 7
Original post by Ilalala
heyy omg actually i chose 6 but i ran out of time honestly the translation threw me off it was rlly random talking about buildings to football

hi, the translation went very bad for me if im honest some random words in there. what book and film are you doing btw?
Reply 8
The translation was awful while I was writing in English it made no sense. I'm doing the wadjda movie (don't know if I spelt it right)And then I'm doing the play called the Bakela- the one with the rich but stingy grandma.What about you?
Im planning to do Oujda aswell and for the story its either el bakhila or 3sfor mn al sharq - I might end up reading summaries of both and seeing which one is easiest on the exam day - where are u guys getting resources from
Original post by yaya200
The translation was awful while I was writing in English it made no sense. I'm doing the wadjda movie (don't know if I spelt it right)And then I'm doing the play called the Bakela- the one with the rich but stingy grandma.What about you?
thw translation for me was disgusting - It threw me of I did question 7 aswell - tourism
Original post by Atest05
Did you find the the comprehension questions hard , they were so hard to pick out the answers from unless you copy some bits , and i dont know if you can copy phrases from the text and still get the mark
Original post by itshamood1
Did you find the the comprehension questions hard , they were so hard to pick out the answers from unless you copy some bits , and i dont know if you can copy phrases from the text and still get the mark

I personally found it quite hard, but yeah I just copied bits from the text, it does count if you put the right phrase down
Original post by 16Stars
I personally found it quite hard, but yeah I just copied bits from the text, it does count if you put the right phrase down

The translation wasnt that bad except the first word استلهمت which i stared at for like 5 min untill i skipped it😂
The translation wasnt that bad except the first word استلهمت which i stared at for like 5 min untill i skipped it😂

tbh I just left a gap for whatever word I didn’t know or I guessed depending on the sentence to make it work haha. I’m actually gonna search that first word because I didn’t know it either
Original post by Lujxin.
Im planning to do Oujda aswell and for the story its either el bakhila or 3sfor mn al sharq - I might end up reading summaries of both and seeing which one is easiest on the exam day - where are u guys getting resources from

I just saw this I’m not too sure I don’t think there’s many resources online and I kind of left it last second. Are you sure el bakhila is a book you’re allowed to read for the exam.
same here ! I managed to fit in and watch the movie yesterday . The books were elbakhila , saaed al yarqat and osfor mn al sharq . If you guys know anything about them please share
Original post by 16Stars
I just saw this I’m not too sure I don’t think there’s many resources online and I kind of left it last second. Are you sure el bakhila is a book you’re allowed to read for the exam.
Original post by Lujxin.

Im doing asfoor mn al sharq aswell ' but are you reading the whole thing or just reading summary . Coz the whole book is like 200 pages which will take ages to read but i dont know if the summary is good enough
im planning to just read summary tbh
Im doing asfoor mn al sharq aswell ' but are you reading the whole thing or just reading summary . Coz the whole book is like 200 pages which will take ages to read but i dont know if the summary is good enough
Original post by Lujxin.
same here ! I managed to fit in and watch the movie yesterday . The books were elbakhila , saaed al yarqat and osfor mn al sharq . If you guys know anything about them please share

I’ve watched the movie but I haven’t read the books I hope there’s enough resources online or else I’m doomed lol

Quick Reply

Latest