The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
a) I will post whatever I like, regardless of your distaste for what I say.
b) they are a place for fellow cretins to gather and basque in their own stupidity and moronically jump up and down whilst plying themselves with cheap alcohol to numb themselves to the reality that they will never achieve anything of any significance. Of course such people are going to enjoy it.

what do you do for fun then?

you sound like an absolute moron yourself, judging thousands of people in such a pathetic generalisation
Reply 21
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Umad? :awesome:

Face it, I'm not a cockroach hellbent on trying to get onto a chav infested island, and you are.

- I'm not mad, I'm laughing that someone supposedly studying Politics or English some other essay based subject is brainless enough to mix up the word bask with an area in NE Spain.

- You go there to enjoy yourself with friends, a concept which is clearly unknown to a miserable "cockroach" like yourself.

- "to the reality that they will never achieve anything of any significance": face it, you aren't going to achieve **** either. I know people going to top universities going there who are clearly going to achieve more than you. It seems you're mad that people who are higher achievers than you have an even greater one up than you: instead of masquerading as the paragon of morality and the false Bengali saviour on an internet forum, they are enjoying their lives.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Wahaaaay
Alcohol cheap in Ibiza? Are you sure? I'm sure I heard it was expensive over there :confused:

It's really expensive in clubs. At least back in 2008 it used to be around 9 euros for a beer in the good clubs (Privilege, etc.)

Also, they let you pay with cards... dangerous stuff if you're too drunk :tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by Come At Me Bro
They're all as trashy and generic as each other. If I want to party hard I'll go to NYC, Barcelona, Berlin or Miami and party hard in style.

:facepalm2: You compain about "trashy and generic", then you advocate the home-away-from-home of Jersey Shore

For next time you want to pass yourself off as an upper-crust partier:
- Cannes
- St. Tropez
- Ibiza (but Formentera is better)
- Dubrovnik
- Marbella
- Ajaccio
Reply 24
OP: is it coincidence you've named all the places from episodes of Sun Sex and Suspicious Parents? :colone:

Honestly Ibiza is similar to all of those but much, much better. Can be done on the cheap fairly satisfactorily too if you're willing to surf the web a bit.
Reply 25
Original post by triloko
It's really expensive in clubs. At least back in 2008 it used to be around 9 euros for a beer in the good clubs (Privilege, etc.)

Also, they let you pay with cards... dangerous stuff if you're too drunk :tongue:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pre-gaming

If you have time to nurse a drink at Privilege, Space or Pacha, you're doing it wrong anyway.
Reply 26
magaluf is my favourite!
zante was alright but i wouldnt go running back :/
Reply 27
Original post by LC_x
magaluf is my favourite!
zante was alright but i wouldnt go running back :/

What was better about Maga than Zante? Is there stuff that Zante lacks compared to Magaluf then?
Reply 28
Original post by Eldedu
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pre-gaming

If you have time to nurse a drink at Privilege, Space or Pacha, you're doing it wrong anyway.

I got in for free/at a very reduced rate at those places :rolleyes:

And hypothetically, if I had to pay my way in, I'd still be annoyed at having to pay overpriced drinks.

Edited: just realised I read it wrong. Yeah I'd usually go half-drunk but I'd still buy something inside just 'cause I wouldn't wanna show up too smashed at the door.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by triloko
Edited: just realised I read it wrong. Yeah I'd usually go half-drunk but I'd still buy something inside just 'cause I wouldn't wanna show up too smashed at the door.

Fair enough, in my case I try not to get too smashed once I'm in the club either so it's not a problem...I pre-game till I'm buzzed enough for five or six hours and go from there.
Reply 30
What was better about Maga than Zante? Is there stuff that Zante lacks compared to Magaluf then?

I just thought Magaluf was alot busier, I would say the bars in magaluf are alot busier than the ones in zante were like all night whereas in zante by 2pm everyones either in rescue club, zeros or on the streets but in magaluf as well as alot of people being on the street the bars not just club are really busy. :smile:
Reply 31
Hmm, haven't really considered Tenerife before, why would you say it's better than the others?

Really friendly people, about 60/40 girl to guy ratio, nice clubs which you can just walk in and out of as you please, cheap, etc etc etc
Original post by Piddly
Tenerife, Playa de las Americas!

Trust me 100x better than all the more 'well known' clubbing destinations.

yeah me and my mates were thinking of going tenerife, could you tell me more about it?
cheers.
or anyone for that matter ha :smile:

Latest