The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Members' Questionnaire Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

1. What's your name? Dan.
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Bcos, why not. Oh and to meet all you lovely people ofc. :smile:
3. How old are you? 18.
4. What's your gender? Male.
5. What's your sexual orientation? Totally GAY.
6. How long have you known your orientation? 4 or 5 years now.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Not really, although that being said I do like painting my nails, though I think that is down to the smell of the nail varnish.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Yup, my father tends to throw homophobic slurs around quite a bit, he is also under the impression that one can choose their sexuality.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Certainly not to my parents and only to 1 teacher. One of the reasons I can't wait to get to uni is so I can finally come out and just be myself.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Nope
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Nope.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Nope.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yep, it would be a little counter productive if I voted for a party that wanted to remove lgbt rights.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Good looks, funny, intelligence, kind natured, protective (but not overly so), etc..
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Nope
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope and I don't plan on it.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Nope.
19. Name some fit famous people. Don't really do the celebrity crush thing but Luke Mitchell (shame he is married)
20. Show us your picture? Nope.
1. What's your name?
Officially Charlotte, but literally everyone calls me Charlie to the point that I don't respond to Charlotte
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?
I live in a small town where am the only (out) lesbian so it would be nice to talk to other members of the community
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
Female
5. What's your sexual orientation?
Lesbian
6. How long have you known your orientation?
It's always been clear but I only cause on at 16
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?
Haha no *hides plaid t-shirts and snapbacks* maybe a few other things too
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?
Thoughtless comments but nothing intending to be cruel
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?
I'm out to everyone who matters. After going through that I'm pretty open but I haven't "officially" come out at school
10. Do you know many LGBT people?
My best friend is ace
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?
No, but I'm going to uni 2k16 and the LGBT group looks both active and supportive so I'll definitely check it out
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?
Derby Pride. Small but wonderful. Planning to go to more this year
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically?
In terms of LGBT rights? Most definitely!
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?
No, but the family of my closest friend think we are dating but in the closet. They are really nice to me and supportive even though we have denied it.
15. What do you look for in a partner?
Female. It really depends and I don't really have a type
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?
Good. Not going to go into detail!
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?
nothing past kissing and that was like year 7/8 so not great
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?
Not much in my area unfortunately
19. Name some fit famous people.
Watching Emma Stone in Easy A was literally my 'holy crap I like girls' moment.
20. Show us your picture?
Haha no.
1. What's your name? "Leah" (not quite my real name but good enough)
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? To learn about other LGBT people and discuss about our experiences and feelings.
3. How old are you? 17
4. What's your gender? Cis female
5. What's your sexual orientation? Lesbian
6. How long have you known your orientation? Almost 6 months
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Well, I'm not as feminine as many other girls. I guess you can say I'm a 'butch in femme's clothing' but I want to appear a bit less 'feminine' tbh.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not yet. I keep my orientation a closely-guarded secret IRL
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I told very close friends and they didn't really care. Which is a relief.(゜▽゜; )
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Online, quite a few. IRL only one or two.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Never been to them, and I can't picture myself joining an LGBT club offline anytime soon. Not yet, anyway, but maybe when I'm older I might get involved in that stuff more.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Ditto.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I don't really care about politics, so...
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope.
15. What do you look for in a partner? I'm attracted to cuteness and femininity. And a nice personality; a girl I can trust and feel comfortable with.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? No, but...when I'm older I'd like to.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope. Don't swing that way.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Don't know anywhere, I'm afraid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
19. Name some fit famous people. Not into celebrities.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
1. What's your name? I'm just posting this anonymously as some people know my user name who don't know about this
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? I like reading about other people and knowing there are people like me out there too
3. How old are you? 17
4. What's your gender? Transboy
5. What's your sexual orientation? only attracted to other boys (i have a boyfriend)
6. How long have you known your orientation? I've always identified as male and never had a crush on a girl so I suppose that means always really
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I don't really know much about stereotypes but I don't think so, I'm not really too sure
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not to my knowledge, no
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? My boyfriend (who is straight) took a while to accept it, but now he seems fine with it. My parents kind of know but don't take much of an interest. I don't have any friends and no one else knows.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? I don't know any
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? I haven't, no.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I haven't either
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? No, I'm actually quite right wing
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yep, I've been with my boyfriend 4 years now
15. What do you look for in a partner? same sports interests, other general interests, humour, intelgence, similar political views
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? I've only ever been with other boys (they saw me as a girl at the time though so I don't know if that counts). They've all been okay.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? I'm not interested in girls
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? I don't, no
19. Name some fit famous people. I don't really know, I'm not into famous people apart from some fairly obscure sports players that if I mentioned, people would know who I am
20. Show us your picture? No :biggrin:
1. What's your name? Not saying
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Eh just felt like doing this questionnaire tbh.
3. How old are you? 17
4. What's your gender? Male
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay but slightly bicurious
6. How long have you known your orientation? That's a tricky one because I had crushes on boys and male celebrities as a child, and I tended to check guys out, but I didn't really know being gay was a thing then so I didn't think it was possible, and even after I found out about homosexuality (I was probably in year 5) it didn't occur to me at the time. It wasn't until I was 13 that I put two and two together and realised I'm not straight. I deluded myself into thinking I was bi, because I am a tiny bit attracted to girls, but the attraction is superficial and I can't imagine myself with a girl but I tried to force it, to no avail. It wasn't until I was 16 that I fully came to terms with the fact I was gay, not bi.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? From about 10-13 I used to be really camp, but I started to learn to be more masculine after my voice broke because I got picked on a lot aha, and tbh I don't find campness an attractive trait. It's ok to be camp if you're happy that way, but I wasn't. I'm now more masculine in my speech and countenance, but I'm not the most macho guy you will meet. I have more straight male friends that female friends altogether, and that was the case even when I was feminine. I think the only stereotypically gay thing about me is I'm not very muscular, I'm skinny, though I'm gonna join the gym to try and change that. (For myself, not others)
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? I got picked on as I said above for being camp, but the hassle stopped when I became more masculine.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I'm not out to anyone at all whatsoever, though I said I was gay out loud for the first time to a stranger. My friends suspect I am (and rightly so) and they keep dropping hints that it's ok if I am, but I'm petrified still tbh and idk why!! My parents aren't homophobic but if I were to tell them, I think they'd patronise me and tell me I'm too young to know, but even if they would take it well, I'm even more petrified of telling them than I am telling my friends aha.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? I have a couple out friends and acquaintances, I know a transgirl in my year so yeah.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Never
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Never
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? No
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No
15. What do you look for in a partner? The guys I mostly fell for have a cute soft sensitive side to their personality, but are really masculine at the same time, but I've fallen for guys I've simply been close friends with at times. I don't mind if a guy is slightly feminine or camp, as long as they're not flaming campy queeny Louie Spence x100, and they have masculine attributes as well.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? No
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No
19. Name some fit famous people. Max Theiriot, Chris Pine, Matt Bomer, Ryan Reynolds, Adam Levine, Mike Vogel, Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Hutcherson, Ashton Kutcher. I never really think about fit celebrities tbh so I had to look this up to aid my memory. I can name you a load of guys who I think are fit in my year, but can't do that for obvs reasons.
20. Show us your picture? No thanks
1. What's your name? Kristina
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Meeting new people and hopefully finding somone going to the same Uni as me.
3. How old are you? 22
4. What's your gender? Female
5. What's your sexual orientation? Don't like labels, but I generally like women!
6. How long have you known your orientation? Since I was 16.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? No, not that I'm aware of.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? My mum assumed is was phase and didn't understand the whole thing. My dad is homohobic and I've had a couple of people at work not understand that I can like both genders. People also like to stare if they see you holding hands with a woman sometimes, but that depends on where you are. My manager also had a proper rant about how he doesn't believe bisexuality exists but he's just ignorant.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Yeah, I'm mostly out! My friends know, my mum knows, my dad is aware but doesn't talk about it and everyone I work with knows, in fact, they can get a little bit too involved!
10. Do you know many LGBT people? A few
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No, not yet.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? No, Brighton Pride will be my first!
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Oh yes! Very much so!
15. What do you look for in a partner? Witt, humour, intelliegence and patience.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes, and very good, though I was the more sexual of the two of us so not enough!
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? None
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No
19. Name some fit famous people. Emma Stone, Gemma Arterton, Natasha Negovanlis, Lily James, Melanie Murphy, and Dodie Clark.
(edited 7 years ago)
1. What's your name?
Phoebe
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?Not really
3. How old are you?18
4. What's your gender?Female
5. What's your sexual orientation?Bi?? Pan??? Lesbian?? I dont really know but I know I'm attracted to women
6. How long have you known your orientation?Quite a while but I was raised in quite a homophobic area so I tried to deny it for a long time. I guess I've known since I was about 11 but only really came to terms with it at about 14-15.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?I'm an art student
Yes
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?My friends know and reacted well, no one really cared. However my parents are still denying it
10. Do you know many LGBT people?Not really
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?Not yet.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?Not yet
Yes.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?Nope
15. What do you look for in a partner?Kindness and a good sense of humour. Also a love of reading would be nice
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?Nope not sexual
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?Nope not sexual
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?There's none in my town but I'm moving to university in September so I might try it out then
19. Name some fit famous people.Mila Kunis, Zooey Deschanel, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jenna McDougall :love:
Attachment not found
Original post by dbmag9

TSRLGBTSQII
1. What's your name? Jasmine, but you can call me...Anytime :wink:
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Nerp.
6. How long have you known your orientation? Not something I thought about growing up, so I guess I always knew I wasn't straight.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Apparently Bisexuals like puns, so that's one.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Nerp.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I was never "closeted" in the first place. Ask and I'll answer. I think most people think it's all a big joke and don't take it seriously- which is fine by me. Saves me their 2-hour-long lectures.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? A few hella repressed individuals irl. Most of my LGBT friends are people I've met online (and hope to meet irl one day).
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Nah.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? None round these parts.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Lil' bit.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Just got out of an LDR, so no.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone who's engaging, someone I can be comfortable around. I don't like asking for help, so preferably a mind-reader *cri*.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Nerp.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nurp.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Aren't any to go to.
19. Name some fit famous people. Hugh Dancy and Hayley Kiyoko are 10/10. CL is an actual goddess and I would let her use me as her doormat <3
20. Show us your picture? Sure thang.
Attachment not found

1. What's your name? Katie
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Not really
3. How old are you? 17
4. What's your gender? female
5. What's your sexual orientation? gay (i dont really like lesbian as i think it defines you whereas gay describes you)
6. How long have you known your orientation? always
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I play football and 'dress like a boy and do boy things' (im v butch)
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Of course i have grown up gay in somerset
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Kind of not to extended famliy bc my mums embarressed but im out at college/ work/ football
10. Do you know many LGBT people? about 6
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? they dont really exist around here
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? no not allowed
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yes as i am for gay rights as they are my rights but other than that no
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? no chance of that around here
15. What do you look for in a partner? Intelligence
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? nope
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? There is no scene here just waiting for uni
19. Name some fit famous people. Alex scott and lucy bronze are fit
20. Show us your picture? no as im not fully out
1. What's your name? Holly
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Just friendly chit chat and maybe make some new friends.
3. How old are you? 18
5. What's your sexual orientation? Bisexual
6. How long have you known your orientation? About 2 years now
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Yes and no. I really love flannel shirts and wearing skinny jeans with boots. Feel like I act straight but I'm actually gay.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Heard situations from friends about it but not personally.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Only to friends and friends parents. I think one side of my family can kinda guess but are not bothered if I am aha.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? I know plenty aha
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? There are some at my college but I'm too shy to go, usually not there when they have meetings.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Went to Bradford Pride last year, I thought it was pretty boring. But it was a new experience.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Helps me understand what needs to be done to improve rights.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Single pringle here.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Anyone who enjoys food, movies, adventures of goofing around. Someone who makes you feel worthy of their love :smile:
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Went to my first gay bar last week called Candy. It was pretty nice, a different scene compared to Wetherspoons aha.
19. Name some fit famous people. Ruby Rose, Samira Wiley, Russell Howard, Ryan Reynolds.
20. Show us your picture? Basically my profie pic.
[noticed how old this thread was]
(edited 7 years ago)
1. What's your name? -
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Just wanna do this questionnaire
3. How old are you? 18
4. What's your gender? Male
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay
6. How long have you known your orientation? Since I was 13
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I'm not the most masculine guy ever, but I'm not very feminine either. I put less thought into how I dress etc. than a lot of straight guys these days, and that is saying something!
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? No, actually I've been very lucky in that respect.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Out to a few friends, only just started the coming out process. Funny thing is I never even had to come out, they already knew and played along. They literally do not care at all and are really casual about it. I'm taking baby steps out of the closet so even though I know I will get an overall good reception, I still need to take my time.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? A few.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? -
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? -
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? -
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope
15. What do you look for in a partner? I wouldn't say I have a set criteria. If I find someone attractive and click with them, then so be it. I much prefer masculine guys to feminine guys though - they don't have to be like really macho and I could probably see through a few feminine qualities but it would definitely be a deal breaker if he was some Lady Gaga worshipping prima dona. Not my style.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Nope
19. Name some fit famous people. Cameron Dallas, Jon Kortajarena, Chris Mears, Chris Pine, Josh Hutcherson... I could go on.20. Show us your picture? No.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 912
1. What's your name? Luke
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Procrastination, boredom and to talk to other fellow LGBT+ People :smile:
3. How old are you? Recently Turned 18.
4. What's your gender? I identify as male.
5. What's your sexual orientation? I'm gay, but I guess I could have a purely-romantic relationship with a girl.. Strictly romantic though.
6. How long have you known your orientation? I'd probably say since around the age of 10?
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I wouldn't say I was camp or anything, but I do definitely love glitter.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? A couple of times. Recently as I was campaigning for President of my college's Students' Union (I got the position, if you were wondering!) and on a few of my posters, homophobic language was written over them by someone. I know who it was and the necessary punishment was given. Kind of. (Everyone in my college knows I'm gay as I was the LGBT+ Officer of the SU for the 16/17 academic year). Back in high school I was taunted about being gay for a while when I came out, but it fizzled out eventually.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I came out to everyone when I was in year 8, but to friends a few family members like my sister and uncle beforehand. Most people were okay but there were people who disagreed with it.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? I know many LGBT people!
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? I ran an LGBT+ society at my college, but it never really picked up and not many people turned up. :frown: Was good fun when people did though. :smile:
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Yes! I love going to Pride parades and have even got my college involved in going to the local pride parade this summer! I've been to Berlin CSD '16, and am also going to Berlin CSD this summer and I can't wait!
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? In a way, I guess they do, yes. LGBT marriage equality (Thankfully we have that now) but in other countries it'd be nice to happen, also.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yep, just over 3 years now.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Honesty, loyalty and they have to have a good personality or I doubt it'd last long.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yep, mostly very good :wink:
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yep. Never again thank you very much. Not for me.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Not really.
19. Name some fit famous people. Nicholas Hoult, Ian Harding...
Attachment not found
Excuse the fact it's sideways lmao
1. What's your name? Josie
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Just a quick gander, I don't like getting involved in this sort of stuff usually.
3. How old are you? 19
4. What's your gender? Female?
6. How long have you known your orientation? Since I was 12
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Ha sort of, I wear mens clothes and had short hair. I'm not a feminist anymore though. I love cats and my gf is vegan?
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Mild comments and rumours, nothing physical but tbf I don't go out clubbing or anything so there's a lower chance of it happening.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Yeah, I came out to my mates when I was 15. And to my folks when my ex left me at 16.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? I know quite a few but I don't mingle with them often, they're a bit too 'in your face' about their views for my tastes.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? I was in the LGBT club at my old highschool, I didn't like it. And the one at Warwick uni, I found them quite rude towards lesbians as they had events for every other sexuality apart from mine, plus there was all of the minority segregations, it was quite Jim Crow and authoritarian I went there for support not political lectures. I've visited the YMCA in Swansea with my current partner, I really liked it there, it had a very knowledgeable and supportive atmosphere.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Does a Tegan and Sara concert and meeting Rose and Rosie on tour count? If so yes and it was great.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? If they're homophobic I won't vote for them. Apart from that I frankly don't care.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yes, 1 year and a month.
15. What do you look for in a partner? A good natured personality, similar interests, conflicting views (you have to debate, it's so fun you can't agree on everything otherwise there's no spice imo), an interest in sports, and a love for animals.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yass, it was awesome.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Pfft heck no.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No not often, my gf is more into that and we normally go to lesbian bars where you get less creepy men. Um I can reccommend The Fox in Brum and Vanilla in Manchester.
19. Name some fit famous people. Gee uh Katherine Moennig, Ellen Degeneres, and the lady who plays Carmilla?
20. Show us your picture? Nah
Forgive me for not sticking to the format, but I'm currently a uni student at LSE and decided to create a video talking about my experiences being LGBT+ at uni and thought it would contribute to the discussion!
https://youtu.be/q8LI5PFrVeQ
Attachment not found
1. What's your name?
Sam

2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?
Not particularly

3. How old are you?

4. What's your gender?
Male

5. What's your sexual orientation? Society would say I'm bisexual. I don't generally define myself under a label.

6. How long have you known your orientation?
Almost 4 years

7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?
I am extremely camp and obsesssed with fashion and unicorns.

Yes. I don't want to go into details.

9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Almost been out for a year. My family think it's a phase however my friends are great about it.

10. Do you know many LGBT people?
A lot. 50% of my mates are.

11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?
N/A

12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?
Not yet. I want to though.

Yes. Equal rights and all that jazz.

14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?
I am in a relationship. 5 months total. My GF is in my avatar

15. What do you look for in a partner?
Guys - Muscles!!!! And good personality
Girls - Good personality and small boobs

16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender?
Yes
Good or bad?
Bad. It was non-con

17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender?
No
Good or bad?
N/A

18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?
Nope.

19. Name some fit famous people.
Zac efron. Me. Alexander Ludwig. Taylor Lautner. Russell Howard. Skandar Keynes. William Moseley. Ryan McGregor. Ben Barnes.

My avatar
1. What's your name? Cat
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Not rly
3. How old are you? 17
5. What's your sexual orientation? Asexual
6. How long have you known your orientation? A few months
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I really do like cake.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? No, I'm none of those so...
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Some friends know, they were okay with it, one of them (who is ace) was pissed she found out while I hadn't told her I was ace XD she was very accepting of course. Others were just like "oh ok" Family and most other friends don't. I don't plan to come out unless it comes up in a conversation or they ask me about my sexuality.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Quite a few.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No and idk
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? No
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I believe they should be allowed equal access to healthcare, equal career opportunities, respect, should be able to be married and adopt, change names and gender identification on ID (as for medical forms people should always state their gender assigned at birth, or forms should have a transgender who transitioned (hormones and all) option)
15. What do you look for in a partner? I don't
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? No
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Nope and I can't recommend because idk.
19. Name some fit famous people. Anyone in a superhero movie. They're usually fit.
20. Show us your picture? ehhhhhh noooooo
Reply 917
1. What's your name? Laure
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Coming Plymouth in February 2018 for 6 months for an Erasmus and surely want to meet people there !
3. How old are you? 23
6. How long have you known your orientation? I've realized being gay for 2,5 years now. But already knew I was bi 4 years before
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Don't think so
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Never
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I came out to my parents and close friends when I was 18. Always been accepted by everyone, no judgement.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? A few
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Never
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? The Belgian Gay Pride in Brussels
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Not really into politics but yes
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope, all by myself
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone I could be myself with
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Not yet
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? I've done it with guys before but that's not my thing. No horrible, but there was no pleasure neither.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Nothing where I live
19. Name some fit famous people. Amber Heard, Blake Lively, Sarah Sahi, Mila Kunis, Kristen Stewart
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 918
1. What's your name? Emily
2. Is there anything, in particular, you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? I realised I hadn't joined any groups so found this one :-)
3. How old are you? 16
4. What's your gender? Non-binary
5. What's your sexual orientation? Pansexual
6. How long have you known your orientation? I've known that I wasn't straight for about 5 or 6 years but only found the term pansexual 3 years ago.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Yes. I am a white teenage millennial.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Definately.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I'm out as pansexual. I came out in 2015. I had mixed reactions from people at school mbut pretty much everyone came to terms with it. My family didn't get it at first but now they do. I'm only out as non-binary to my parents who are supportive.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? About 10 irl.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Not yet but when I go to sixth form next year I am joining the LGBT group.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I went to Norwhich pride which was fun.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yes
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? I have never been in a relationship
15. What do you look for in a partner? Accepting
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? no
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? no
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? no
19. Name some fit famous people. benedict cumberbatch, Dodie Clark
20. Show us your picture? no, sorry :-)
1. What's your name? Shan
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? I just saw this thread, it looked interesting
3. How old are you? 16
5. What's your sexual orientation? I identify as lesbian but I don't feel sexual attraction
6. How long have you known your orientation? Only come to terms with it and realised all the signs in the last 9 months or so
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Apparently I fit into a lot of them but I can't see them. Only obvious thing is short hair
8. Have you experienced any homo or transphobia? Yep, from people in school and if I'm in public with my girlfriend some people make comments
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Mostly to everyone. My dad's side of the family don't know, and it's staying that way. Everyone was accepting, or at least to my face.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Not many, other than my 2 pansexual friends who are a couple
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? There's not many things like that in my area
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? See above
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yeah definitely, people say I take a lot more of a liberal stance when it comes to things
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yeah, 8 months now
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone that'll listen and accept me. And someone I can be genuine in front of, I just keep a blank face on with everyone else
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? With my gf, but it wasn't good or bad really. I'd be better off without it, I just don't see the appeal in it
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? A then-boyfriend tried to pressure me into things, but I flat out refused. Thank goodness for that
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? There's not really things like that here, not really enough LGBT people in my area to make a profit off anything like that.
19. Name some fit famous people. I've never really been into any celebrities like that, but if I had to name one it'd be Ella Balinska.
20. Show us your picture? I'd rather not, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending