The Student Room Group

SQA Text Results Released?

Scroll to see replies

Word from on high:

MySQA Results by Text
We can confirm that the 29,863 candidates who opted to receive their 2011 exam results by text have today, Wednesday 3 August, been sent their results. We are making enquiries with our external contractor, who issues the results on our behalf, in order to understand how this could have happened. The text results should not have been sent until 9:00 am on Thursday 4 August.

All 159,744 candidates will receive their certificates in the traditional manner by postal delivery.

This will not advantage or disadvantage any candidates with regard to university or college places. The UCAS tracker opens at 9:00 am tomorrow on Thursday 4 August.
Reply 61
Original post by youjustburnkid
I opted to get my results texted to me and yet no text? :frown:

Same, apparently they're all on their way though.:s-smilie:
Reply 62
Original post by totallyme
By the other way around do you mean you don't think your coursework would bring you up all that much? Sorry if I've got it wrong!

I'm hoping that the results that I was given are just my exam results and not exam+coursework....but if as mysqa said previously these are the genuine results....my dreams are well and truly down the drain.....great. :frown:

I meant I got an A but thought I'd got a B. Sorry to hear that, did you need the A for uni?
By the other way around do you mean you don't think your coursework would bring you up all that much? Sorry if I've got it wrong!

I'm hoping that the results that I was given are just my exam results and not exam+coursework....but if as mysqa said previously these are the genuine results....my dreams are well and truly down the drain.....great. :frown:

:hugs: If you need to talk, PM me. :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Kelz_26
I meant I got an A but thought I'd got a B. Sorry to hear that, did you need the A for uni?

I got BBC and was hoping for AAB or ABB so I could apply to english unis and scottish unis for vet med...not going to happen but it should be enough for Scottish universities....I hope anyways :frown: So unbelievably gutted and really angry as well - why, if I hadn't signed up for it, were these results sent to me by text?!
Reply 66

Don't worry, same here!! I got an A in my french prelim, but a B in the actual exam, and I got a high B in my english prelim, and I hoped I could get it up to A for the actual exam, but its still a B. :/
Reply 67
Original post by Alt__x
Don't worry, same here!! I got an A in my french prelim, but a B in the actual exam, and I got a high B in my english prelim, and I hoped I could get it up to A for the actual exam, but its still a B. :/

Are these for Advanced Higher? Sorry I'm new to this sub-forum so don't know anyone :tongue:

Absolutely gutted :frown:

Original post by badumdumtscht
:hugs: If you need to talk, PM me. :smile:

Thank you badumdumtscht :smile: My mum's gonna phone in a bit. Sucks even more because my whole family is on holiday and everyone I know is at work - crying to the dog, he has no idea what's going on :rolleyes:
Reply 68
I got BBC and was hoping for AAB or ABB so I could apply to english unis and scottish unis for vet med...not going to happen but it should be enough for Scottish universities....I hope anyways :frown: So unbelievably gutted and really angry as well - why, if I hadn't signed up for it, were these results sent to me by text?!

Try not to think too negatively, you definitely have a chance with those grades. I'm assuming they are all Advanced Highers? They are really good grades, try not to be too harsh on yourself but I can understand how you feel. Maybe you could get an appeal? Are you sure you didn't sign up for it, even checked the box by mistake?
Reply 69
Your nick clegg pic makes me smile in these unsure times
Reply 70
I got ABCCC, still got 6th year but...am I completely doomed for Uni?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
If anyone needs to chat, PM me. There's no need to feel down and alone!
Reply 72
So glad my results have came by text today. Does anybody know when we get our reply from university's from UCAS. Oh, and i didnt get a B for higher biology but got a B for AH chemistry where the uni had asked me for an A in biology and a C in AH Chemistry will they make an exception for me and still let me in.

P.S. this may sound confusing.
Reply 73
Original post by Akmeeda
I got ABCCC, i'm in 5th year...am I completely doomed for Uni?

defo not. you'll be fine :biggrin:
Reply 74
Original post by Akmeeda
I got ABCCC, i'm in 5th year...am I completely doomed for Uni?

No.
Reply 75
i signed up for email and text in mysqa. i still havent received either :frown: are the texts still on their way? or will i just need to wait until the post comes tomorrow?
Reply 76
Original post by Kelz_26
Try not to think too negatively, you definitely have a chance with those grades. I'm assuming they are all Advanced Highers? They are really good grades, try not to be too harsh on yourself but I can understand how you feel. Maybe you could get an appeal? Are you sure you didn't sign up for it, even checked the box by mistake?

Yeah all adv but I still don't think I have a chance at all :frown: I never studied standard grade or higher bio or chem so I'm hoping that goes in my favour. Will definitely be asking for remarks for all 3 if these are genuine results. Definitely didn't sign up for it :s-smilie: Almost a whole day to wait for the post now to check and phone the school :frown: Worst day ever.
Reply 77
Original post by emmjay

Original post by emmjay
i signed up for email and text in mysqa. i still havent received either :frown: are the texts still on their way? or will i just need to wait until the post comes tomorrow?

Theoretically, you should definitely be getting your text today; they've all been sent out. Emails are undecided but young Sam thinks they'll be coming out as normal tomorrow morning.
If you have singed up for text, it's on its way - we're just back to the old problem of some providers being slower at delivering than all the others.
Reply 79
This is terrible, Im convinced I'm going to be disappointed, wish my text would arrive!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending