The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tribi18
I've heard on the news that a police officer wants ot get heroin legal!! i think that is the most stupid statment this year (so far anyway, tony blair is sitll dominating our lifes at the min so keep an ear for his !) can u state ur views pelase cos i'm intriged in wot u think
cheers
tribi18

Legal or not people will still do it ...
Reply 2
Sack the cad.
Reply 3
Tribi18
I've heard on the news that a police officer wants ot get heroin legal!!
tribi18

He was probably high.
Reply 4
ZJuwelH
Sack the cad.

wot do u mean??
Reply 5
pal_sch
He was probably high.

ye true.. but wot u do think?! its stupid or am i the only one who thinks it is?!!
Reply 6
Eternal Idol
Legal or not people will still do it ...

yes but it influences more, and younger poeple to do it
Reply 7
Tribi18
wot do u mean??

I mean he should be sacked for holding such an opinion in the position he is in. How dare he condone the use of a life-destroying drug, has he not seen the effects?
Reply 8
Tribi18
yes but it influences more, and younger poeple to do it

The drugs are there because there are a lot of people willing to do them ...
Reply 9
Its up to the person who is melting part of their brain whether or not they take drugs. But i think they have it backwards. Why, when shown that Canabis is less dangerous than Cigarettes, they make canabis more legal. Why not make Cigarettes a controled substance (mainly talking about tobacco)?
Reply 10
pal_sch
Its up to the person who is melting part of their brain whether or not they take drugs. But i think they have it backwards. Why, when shown that Canabis is less dangerous than Cigarettes, they make canabis more legal. Why not make Cigarettes less?

Canabiss is actually more toxic. Personally I'd outlaw tobacco too.
Reply 11
ZJuwelH
I mean he should be sacked for holding such an opinion in the position he is in. How dare he condone the use of a life-destroying drug, has he not seen the effects?

I very much doubt he was 'condoning' its use, more likely he was just trying to argue that it would be better for all involved if addicts where able to have access to clean needles and safe places where they could inject themselves without harming anyone else.

I don't agree with his opinion though.
Reply 12
Why don't we just start giving cocaine to kids at lunchtime with their food. Maybe that'll be the next idea.
In my opinion all drugs should remain illegal for social use however some may be very useful medically so shuould be exploited to their useful capacity.
Reply 13
well you know, if everything was legal there wouldn't be any crime :tongue:
Reply 14
Linda

Then there would be law at all.
Reply 15
Linda

There would be crime because the addicts would still need a constant supply of money to pay the dealers, and heroin doesnt come cheap!
Reply 16
Tribi18
I've heard on the news that a police officer wants ot get heroin legal!! i think that is the most stupid statment this year (so far anyway, tony blair is sitll dominating our lifes at the min so keep an ear for his !) can u state ur views pelase cos i'm intriged in wot u think
cheers
tribi18

I believe that by making heroin legal it will open up the market and allow the free market to work. This would drive the price down as the dealers are unable to hold a monopolistic power over it. Also you are much less likely to get any 'bad' heroin that is made very dangerously.

It would also allow for other measures such as help/advice/rehab to be more freely avalible since heroin would be bought off legitimate organisations.
corey
I believe that by making heroin legal it will open up the market and allow the free market to work. This would drive the price down as the dealers are unable to hold a monopolistic power over it. Also you are much less likely to get any 'bad' heroin that is made very dangerously.

It would also allow for other measures such as help/advice/rehab to be more freely avalible since heroin would be bought off legitimate organisations.

Thats a good view.
Reply 18
corey

So what about all the psychological problems that come with the addiction?
Reply 19
Cyst
There would be crime because the addicts would still need a constant supply of money to pay the dealers, and heroin doesnt come cheap!

Not if robbery was legalised.

Latest

Trending

Trending