On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Cheers :biggrin: yeah, dependant on getting this B in maths again :gah:

just a B??? what the hell their requirement is so low for A Levels!!! for IB it's relatively high, this is not fair on my side :O

any IB applicant here?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
got an acknowledgment through the post this morning :smile:
I wonder if they're sending mine through post too :/ will literally take 3 weeks to reach me! :frown:
Reply 43
Applying for French and Spanish, got my acknowledgement today :biggrin:
Reply 44
has anybody in this thread appplied to southampton solent ?

if so have you recieved and respsonses back from them.

:smile:
Reply 45
Original post by CeeTay
Hey :smile: I've applied to Southampton for Biochemistry however it is my 5th choice and I didn't visit.. what is it like?? campus, near to town? sporty? pretty? accomm? :smile:

Southampton is amazing! It's campus based with some lovely landscaped gardens. It has a bus/coach station in the middle which is really useful for getting around/home. Some buildings are modern/state of the art, some old but all with great facilities. It's a short bus ride into town but no need to go there really as there are local shops and the union has its own nightclub, pub, cinema etc. There is a student nightlife area about halfway between the uni and the main city. The union also run a minibus home service from the campus for £1.50 after late nights. It's very sporty. Has a great gym and a smallish swimming pool. Playing fields are a little further away. There are apparently great Art facilities but I'm not into that so can't tell you more. I'm loving the accommodation. There are varying sites, the 2 main ones being Wessex Lane and Glen Eyre. Some part catered, the majority self catered. Some ensuite, some basins only, some shared. I'm in Connaught which is part catered and shared bathroom. Wasn't any of my choices but I LOVE it! The Halls also have their own JCRs, bars and social events and if you're in Halls, you get a free UNIlink bus pass for the year - very useful for popping into town.

Southampton was always my first choice and I LOVE it!
Original post by desy.kris
just a B??? what the hell their requirement is so low for A Levels!!! for IB it's relatively high, this is not fair on my side :O

any IB applicant here?

I do already have two As, so it's AAB overall
Acknowledgement :biggrin: The 'Thank You!' postcard amuses me slightly... everywhere else just sent an e-mail :rolleyes:
Any other medic applicants on here?
Original post by Lewis :D
Applying for French and Spanish, got my acknowledgement today :biggrin:

through post or email?

Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I do already have two As, so it's AAB overall

no A*?? ugh...well, their minimum IB requirement is 36 methinks, which is at least 6s in all subjects. so if you get to get a B, geez they're so nice to A Levels applicants!
Reply 49
through post or email?

no A*?? ugh...well, their minimum IB requirement is 36 methinks, which is at least 6s in all subjects. so if you get to get a B, geez they're so nice to A Levels applicants!

I think you'll find that the entry requirements are subject specific, not just being nice to A level applicants.. What you're applying for requires 3As or 37 points, whereas what "Letsdothetimewarpagain" has applied for requires AAB or 34 points.
Reply 50
Original post by imnotherehonest
Acknowledgement :biggrin: The 'Thank You!' postcard amuses me slightly... everywhere else just sent an e-mail :rolleyes:
Any other medic applicants on here?

They also send you a post card at the beginning of results week wishing you good luck! :biggrin:
through post or email?

Nope no A*, not sure what the IB equivilant to AAB is but my course is 34, with a 6 in History and 17 points at higher level. Not sure if that's good or bad :iiam:
Original post by glf2110
I think you'll find that the entry requirements are subject specific, not just being nice to A level applicants.. What you're applying for requires 3As or 37 points, whereas what "Letsdothetimewarpagain" has applied for requires AAB or 34 points.

ah, yeah I didn't think about that...if it's 34 then well it's fair enough. thanks for telling me!
Reply 53
through post or email?

Reply 54
Applied to Southampton for NatSci and haven't received an acknowledgement yet.

Doing A2: Biology, Chemistry, Music, (done A2 Maths got an A)

AS: AAAB (doing further maths now and predicted A)

Predicted for A2: A*AAB

GCSE: 4A*s 5As and 2Bs
Reply 55
I got a little postcard saying good luck before results day which was a bit of a FAIL because I had accepted an unconditional offer... :biggrin:
Original post by alibee
I got a little postcard saying good luck before results day which was a bit of a FAIL because I had accepted an unconditional offer... :biggrin:

rofl, poor Soton :P congrats on the unconditional offer btw!!
Reply 57

rofl, poor Soton :P congrats on the unconditional offer btw!!

Oh I'm in my 20's, A Level results are well in the past! So funny getting the postcard :smile:
Do Soton tend to do post offer open days? :holmes:
Hello :biggrin: Anybody else applying for Economics & Management (or even just Economics? or Management?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending