The Student Room Group

Official: University of Southampton A101 (BM4) 2023 Entry

Welcome to the University of Southampton A101 (BM4) 2023 Entry Discussion.

Southampton A101 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7109207

Southampton A101 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560832

Southampton A101 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022668

For general information click: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/courses/bm4_a101.page

For entry requirements click: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/courses/bm4_a101.page#entry_requirements%0A____________________

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else planning on applying for next year?
Hey I'm applying, 2023 entry?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Laura_mor
Hey I'm applying, 2023 entry?

Yep :smile: I’m slightly older (29) and not from a science degree background. I wonder if there’s more applicants like me or is everyone 21 and has a biomedical degree? 😂

I’m currently preparing for my UCAT - I’ve booked it for the 12 of September. I know I need to do very well to even stand a chance - for personal reasons I can’t relocate at the moment, so it’s either Southampton or nothing!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Stella1993
Anyone else planning on applying for next year?

Yeh I am, I have my UCAT on Wednesday!
Original post by Chadders1300

Best of luck! 😊
Yep :smile: I’m slightly older (29) and not from a science degree background. I wonder if there’s more applicants like me or is everyone 21 and has a biomedical degree? 😂

I’m currently preparing for my UCAT - I’ve booked it for the 12 of September. I know I need to do very well to even stand a chance - for personal reasons I can’t relocate at the moment, so it’s either Southampton or nothing!

Hey, I'm 23 and I have a degree in acting so I'm in the same boat. My ucat is on 10th of August I'm aiming to get 3000+ as I'm applying to Newcastle as well but my god it's difficult to get in that top %
(edited 1 year ago)

There’s some unis that only accept people from science backgrounds but for those that do accept non-science it will probably be a mix
Best of luck! 😊

Nah I’m actually ******** it, I can’t tell would score I get cause of the band system on medify. DM is always 700-900. How is that helpful?
Yeah, I absolutely get it - no matter how much preparation you’ve had, you will most definitely be shi***ng bricks before the exam haha

There was a question in QR I came across the other day, that required multiple calculations, using pythagoras theorem etc. I couldn’t be bothered with it at that point so I checked the solution, and I thought “no way in hell anyone can do it within the timeframe”. I swear some questions are there to simply check if you know when to guess and move on.

It doesn’t help that I suck at mental maths, so I’ve accepted that QR and DM will be largely a guessing game 😅
Yeah, I absolutely get it - no matter how much preparation you had, everyone is shi***ng bricks before the exam haha

There was a question in QR I came across the other day, that required multiple calculations, using pythagoras theorem etc. I couldn’t be bothered with it at that point so I checked the solution, and I thought “no way in hell anyone can do it within the timeframe”. I swear some questions are there to simply check if you know when to guess the most probable answer and move on.

Btw, is the Situational Judgment included in your overall score? Or you just get a band?

SJT isn't included in score you just get a band separate :smile:
Guyss i needed advice! I got 2710 in my UCAT and I am not sure if applying to southamptons graduate entry (BM4) will be a waste of an application? I am not a Southampton grad!
From what I've read I think the cut-off is 2800, HOWEVER, it is always the best route to contact the university directly as the cut-off changes from year to year and they may make exceptions. Or perhaps if you big yourself up enough in the email maybe ask if they would consider you for the standard entry course?

Got 2820 so I’m pleased!
Got 2820 so I’m pleased!

Oh wow, well done :smile: how did you find it? How many people were in the room with you?
Oh wow, well done :smile: how did you find it? How many people were in the room with you?

Like 6 others, I did slightly worse in DM than any of the other tests but better in AR so it all balanced out
Congrats :smile: is Soton your first choice?

Are people going to the September open days?
Got 2820 so I’m pleased!

I did mine yesterday and I'm in nearly the exact situation as you. 2810 and I did slightly worse in DM compared to the rest of the sections.
Congrats :smile: is Soton your first choice?

Are people going to the September open days?

Probably Warwick but Southampton is a defo contender. I hadn’t thought about open days yet. I just wanna get in somewhere I don’t really mind where so I probably won’t bother. Is 2820 not a bit low for Southampton? I got band 1 aswell
Original post by WannabeMedic2324
I did mine yesterday and I'm in nearly the exact situation as you. 2810 and I did slightly worse in DM compared to the rest of the sections.

VR was my worst by far, but still above average. Got a shock with the abstract reasoning 830

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending