The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A100 (BM5) 2023 Entry

Welcome to the University of Southampton A100 (BM5) 2023 Entry Discussion.

Southampton A100 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7059057

For general information click: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medici...bm5_a100.page?

For entry requirements click: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medici...______________

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know if the interviews will be online or in-person this year ?
Reply 2
what is the ucat cut off score likely to be this yr?
Went to the open day today and found out they do group interviews. Any 2022 applicants lurking that can give any insight to their group interview?
Reply 4
Original post by MiriGyu
Went to the open day today and found out they do group interviews. Any 2022 applicants lurking that can give any insight to their group interview?

I don't think it happened last year as they were online, but read the thread and see what is discussed
Original post by MiriGyu

Original post by oliro

Hi - did they give any indication at the open day today whether the panel interviews would be online or in person ?
Original post by Backseatdriving
Hi - did they give any indication at the open day today whether the panel interviews would be online or in person ?

No sorry I don't think they did, Maybe they haven't decided yet.
Looking through the threads last year the cutoff seems to be 2750 for ucat but I was just wondering if there's anything different for contextual applicants and if it's still the same cutoff for non-contextuals? Should 2850 be a safe score for interview provided I'm a non contextual school leaver? thanks
Hi, if Cynthia or any current Southampton Med students are reading this do you have a view on the attached article please? It’s 2020 but is it the same now ? If not, what is different?

I have found this series really interesting so thanks to whomever did it originally!

https://lifeofamedic.com/2020/06/22/whats-it-really-like-to-study-medicine-at-southampton-medical-school/
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by pgblaster
Looking through the threads last year the cutoff seems to be 2750 for ucat but I was just wondering if there's anything different for contextual applicants and if it's still the same cutoff for non-contextuals? Should 2850 be a safe score for interview provided I'm a non contextual school leaver? thanks

The cutoff for school leaving contextual applicants was 2570.
What were the numbers for applicants, interviewees and offers last year?
Original post by Anonymous42069
What were the numbers for applicants, interviewees and offers last year?

1793 applicants, out of which 846 got interviews. No idea how many offers since Southampton's FOI responses are quite unhelpful.
Original post by oliro

I called them up like 2 days ago and they said its still to be decided.
I've been trawling through FOI and I only found some data for 2019-20 cycle, 749 Interviews/587 offers for 175 places...however this gives a very high &*% offer ratio so I'm sure something is amiss. Has anybody manged to find any newer Offer ratio data for Southampton?
Hi Do you think it would be safe to apply with 2870 B1 (non contextual).
Original post by mediccandidate
Hi Do you think it would be safe to apply with 2870 B1 (non contextual).

Probably, cut off was 2750 last year and 2680 the year before
I got a ucat score of 2750 so am I right in thinking it may not be the best to apply to Southampton as threshold is likely to increase
Original post by Rain439
Probably, cut off was 2750 last year and 2680 the year before
Original post by Amed2022
I got a ucat score of 2750 so am I right in thinking it may not be the best to apply to Southampton as threshold is likely to increase

I'm risking it if you'd like to join me 😬😂
I might apply to bm6 instead decos they don't use ucat and im eligible for it. only thing is I think they have like 32 offers💀
Original post by Infinxty09
I'm risking it if you'd like to join me 😬😂
Reply 19
Original post by Amed2022
I might apply to bm6 instead decos they don't use ucat and im eligible for it. only thing is I think they have like 32 offers💀

Yeah its so good that they only want you to have taken the ucat but they don't rank by it! My friend is on the bm6 and she loves it! You should definitely apply, she said that she doesn't think she would have gotten in to bm5 with her interview (she had the grades for it) but she did with bm6 :biggrin: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending