The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by ChangedMyMind
You could just drug the interviewers tick off all the points on the sheet and then pretend it never happened!

Can't believe I never thought of that :facepalm:
Anyone feel like doing a mission impossible and changing our scoresheet :tongue:
Reply 1102
Original post by roar558
Anyone feel like doing a mission impossible and changing our scoresheet :tongue:

I'd be so up for that. Always fancied myself as a bit of a ninja :ninja::lol:
You could just drug the interviewers tick off all the points on the sheet and then pretend it never happened!

I could use my jedi mind tricks on them: "I am the medical student you're looking for."

Original post by kingme
I'd be so up for that. Always fancied myself as a bit of a ninja :ninja::lol:

:ninjagirl: Let's get it on!

I passed the Wolfson Medical Building drunk the other night, and my mate had to stop me from lying down naked in front of it to show my "dedication to medicine".
Reply 1104
Original post by Harbour Seal
I passed the Wolfson Medical Building drunk the other night, and my mate had to stop me from lying down naked in front of it to show my "dedication to medicine".

Now that I think about it, I'm sure I spotted "Taken to the cells after a drunken, exhibitionist show of 'dedication'" on the list.
Don't you just hate it when busybody so-called 'mates' try and stop you from going the extra mile?
Reply 1105
Original post by Harbour Seal
Now the question is, should I get some propanalol for my interview?

Don't do it haha :smile: I'm prescribed Propranolol for a heart condition and it makes me SO sleepy.. I'd end up napping on the interview table if I took some before my interview!
Reply 1106
Original post by LPScot
Don't do it haha :smile: I'm prescribed Propranolol for a heart condition and it makes me SO sleepy.. I'd end up napping on the interview table if I took some before my interview!

drugs + interview = everything goes well

Original post by kingme
drugs + interview = everything goes well

That is me in my interview anyway! :argh:
Reply 1108
Has the curriculum at Glasgow been changing recently? I saw a post from someone about this, but can't seem to find it. Anyone got a clue? I think they reduced the SSCs from 5 to only 3 but what else has changed? I think someone said they're looking to lessen the PBL a bit and introduce more lectures. Is this right? Anyone got any idea on this? x
Hate to bust everyone's bubble but that's why I think they tape record them :P
You'd have to do a really good interviewer impression to pull it off.
Original post by pdk
Has the curriculum at Glasgow been changing recently? I saw a post from someone about this, but can't seem to find it. Anyone got a clue? I think they reduced the SSCs from 5 to only 3 but what else has changed? I think someone said they're looking to lessen the PBL a bit and introduce more lectures. Is this right? Anyone got any idea on this? x

As far as I know they lessened the PBL sessions from two a week to one a week.
This took effect for this 2011 intake as far as i'm aware,please correct me if i'm wrong.
Reply 1111
Original post by joemullally
This took effect for this 2011 intake as far as i'm aware,please correct me if i'm wrong.

Cheers, silly question but do PBL sessions happen in the first three years only? Coz there are clinical attachments after fourth year?! A bit confused after reading about it a lot lol x
Original post by pdk
Cheers, silly question but do PBL sessions happen in the first three years only? Coz there are clinical attachments after fourth year?! A bit confused after reading about it a lot lol x

No idea, some of the medics who are actually there might be able to answer?
Maybee Sweetchilli?
Reply 1113
Original post by 35805254 sweetchilli

hey Sweetchilli :smile: joemullally and I wanted to ask one question please :biggrin: do PBL sessions happen in the first three years only, or do they happen after as well? i'm a bit confused coz there are clinical attachments after fourth year so thought PBL don't happen after that?! Is that right? x

No idea, some of the medics who are actually there might be able to answer?
Maybee Sweetchilli?

1 session per week weeks 1-10 then 2 thereafter although basically the one pbl session had so much work in it, it appeared that they just put 2 into one!

As for PBL think only years 1-3 then you have clinicals and I think they do CBL (case-based learning) but all that should be summarised in your interview packs!
Original post by sweetchilli
1 session per week weeks 1-10 then 2 thereafter although basically the one pbl session had so much work in it, it appeared that they just put 2 into one!

As for PBL think only years 1-3 then you have clinicals and I think they do CBL (case-based learning) but all that should be summarised in your interview packs!

Interview packs?
Havn't received one through the post.

Do any other hospitals have grand rounds?
They like every friday present a case at my hospital and you get a free lunch, all staff and students who are on placement are allowed to go.
Would that be like the CBL thing?
(edited 12 years ago)
Interview packs?

if you have an interview then you should have a whole load of info with your invite letter which details the course structure etc...
Interview packs?

Do any other hospitals have grand rounds?
They like every friday present a case at my hospital and you get a free lunch, all staff and students who are on placement are allowed to go.
Would that be like the CBL thing?

I got a curriculum PDF with my interview invite. It was linked from the e-mail.
I got a curriculum PDF with my interview invite. It was linked from the e-mail.

Original post by sweetchilli
if you have an interview then you should have a whole load of info with your invite letter which details the course structure etc...

Thanks guys

Offt, nearly missed that.
Really should read my emails more, I was just so exited about getting the interview that I must have misread it, I just printed off the form and nothing else :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1119
Thanks guys

Offt, nearly missed that.
Really should read my emails more, I was just so exited about getting the interview that I must have misread it, I just printed off the form and nothing else :P

same here! I just got the email. checked on ucas. clicked on accept without even looking at the date! haha Need to print that pdf with curriculum info then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending