The Student Room Group

Debenhams - After Phone Interview?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brandy016
I got a phone call today at 3:30p.m saying that i have a phone interview at 5p.m which didnt give me enough time to prepare because I had play rehearsals after school but the woman told me just to look at the job description. anyway during the interview on my first question i answered it and after she said 'excellent' and from then on after every answer i said she kept saying 'okay' i think its coz i kept freezing in mid sentence, although im such a confident person. after the interview they said they'll get back to me in 21 days if im successful. do you think i have a chance of getting to the next stage? :/ oh yeah its a restaurant christmas jobs. i have a feeling i havent got the job :'(

Did you get it in the end? LOL I know I'm soo late
I recently applied for a restaurant assistant Christmas post with Debenhams, got to the phone interview but no further. I'm applying for other jobs in and around my area and I wanted to get feedback from my phone interview. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this?
Reply 22
Original post by Bubbles7675
I recently applied for a restaurant assistant Christmas post with Debenhams, got to the phone interview but no further. I'm applying for other jobs in and around my area and I wanted to get feedback from my phone interview. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this?

I think Debenhams only provides feedback for group assessment and one-on-one interviews, as they provide a number in the invite which would be called for feedback.

But if you want advice for that role, I basically explained what I think good customer service is, explained how i am aware of a customer's dietary requirements (e.g. allergies, intolerance), or lifestyle choices (e.g. halal, organic foods) and that I respect them, and then she asked me a hypothetical question, which I answered using my experience as a customer. When I first started the phone interview, I sounded formal and professional I guess, answering the call with "Hello, ___ speaking", I asked how they were, and then going along the interview I relaxed and was more chirpy, to show that I will be friendly and lively with customers.

Hope that helps =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending