The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rachel_Leah
Na mum will leave that to me lol. It's terrifying - now if I don't get in I'm gonna be like 'RIGHT, WHERE IS ALL MY STUFF WOMAN?!' lol.

Well thats something at least :tongue:

Where are you hoping to go then?
Original post by Ultimate1
I'm in a very similar position to you. Well in the coursework for English I've got 68/80 and now need 92/120 in the exam to get an A overall. I'm bricking it so much.

BTW don't you mean 67/80 in the coursework instead of 67/120? :teehee:

Oh **** yeah, don't know how that happened :lol:

How did you think the exam went? Not that that is always a good indicator!
Original post by tehforum
http://x at.com/chat/room/153104885/

Remove the space! It's a results day chat.

Why do you need a chat?
Original post by liamcol123
So, what are everyone's tactics for tomorrows moment of truth; when you look at the muddle of letters on the paper? I'm just going to scan across in a panicked frenzy for any grades below a D (I only need CCC :tongue:), if I see any I'll calmly walk out of the room, then punch myself in the face multiple times. So yeah, tomorrow's going to be enjoyable! :embarrassed:

I will tear open the envelope, stare at it for several seconds, scream, bomb out of the school, and purchase alcohol from the nearest shop.
Original post by theforum
kick ass skype voice conference going down right now.

I may join your chat later guys. I'm a bit too anxious to type quickly atm, though.

i'm coming!
Reply 1785
Original post by sr90
I think i'm just horribly paranoid about how i will react if that was the case. Especially around my friends who may need say, BBB for their offer. Hardly fair on them if they've just missed that and i'm complaining about ''only'' having AAB.

Maybe i should worry for myself sometime instead of everyone else :rolleyes:

AAB will get you into university though. What you complaining about man? I'm talking about people who need AAA for firm and insurance offers, like medicine or dentistry. That's like someone complaining that for medicine, they didnt get A*AA to get into cambridge, but still got AAA, enough for kings or something. If you dont get 3 A's for medicine, that rules you out of most medical schools if you were to reapply. For history, I don't know a lot, but I'm guessing it doesn't get any higher than AAA. But hey, imagine how cool it would be to look at your results and get 3 A's. But also expect the worst, to avoid huge dissapointment.
Original post by Pheebs1201
His excuse was so he could prepare himself for me being in clearing???

Legendary.
Nosy fathers
Good luck for you all getting results tomorrow :smile:

Really hope you get what you need - if not, remember it's not the end of the world! :smile:
Original post by Deyn_08
prob not, was 6am last year, but with the amount of blunders that have happened this year who knows:confused:

What do you mean by blunders,what blunders are you talking about ???? :s-smilie:

But then how come one person's friend here on TSR already has a clearing number then???????:confused:
Noodlzzz dont spoil!!! meanie!!!
Original post by Noodlzzz
Back from inbetweeners. Every mention of A-levels or uni made me feel sick.

Film spoiler: Will doesn't get into Oxford :wink:

Thanks for the spoiler.

(notsrs)
Reply 1791
English hopefully should be a minimum of a B since I needed 60/120 (I THINK/HOPE) in the summer exam.

Maths is a arse wipe, a B is the dream, most likely C/D

Economics is up in the air. I either nailed it or fluffed it up. B/C/D

....I need ABB.
Ooh lord.
Original post by AlexInWonderland
Havn't decided if I'll go out or not.
I wouldn't be able to stand being around here

Equally, I wouldn't be able to stand being around all the succesful people

This. If I do well, I'll stay on here. If not, I'm gonna go to sleep and hope that when I wake up, they'll be better.
Original post by Jabbo12
AAB will get you into university though. What you complaining about man? I'm talking about people who need AAA for firm and insurance offers, like medicine or dentistry. That's like someone complaining that for medicine, they didnt get A*AA to get into cambridge, but still got AAA, enough for kings or something. If you dont get 3 A's for medicine, that rules you out of most medical schools if you were to reapply. For history, I don't know a lot, but I'm guessing it doesn't get any higher than AAA. But hey, imagine how cool it would be to look at your results and get 3 A's. But also expect the worst, to avoid huge dissapointment.

Several valid points, but virtually everywhere requires an A in History.

I suppose i could resit i guess. Wouldn't be ideal, but i'm not excluded like i would be for Medicine.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
My internet is too slow!

Mine is too! Really annoying.
Original post by Poppy1992
Rice and chips, so goooood :coma:

I gotta try the chips soon. Never eaten curry and stuff with chips.
Original post by dknt

the space shuttle pic

makes me feel happy

:h:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
i'm coming!

Make it quick :pierre:
:cry:
The grade boundaries just make me not want to collect results now :|

Latest