The Student Room Group

Do u think I should retake my GovPol Unit 2 exam???

My overall AS grade for GOVPOL is C, i was 10 UMS marks away from a B. My UMS for GOVPOL was 130.

For unit 1 i received an A :smile:
For unit 2 i got an E :frown:.

So, do u think i should retake unit 2. And what grade do u think i'll be predicted for GOVPOL in A2.
Reply 1
Original post by ********
My overall AS grade for GOVPOL is C, i was 10 UMS marks away from a B. My UMS for GOVPOL was 130.

So, do u think i should retake unit 2. And what grade do u think i'll be predicted for GOVPOL in A2.

I'd definitely retake unit 2 - you did very well in unit 1 and if you don't retake it you'll wish you did! Especially if you're carrying on to A2, you need all the UMS you can get.

I'm in a similar position, being 8 UMS away from the next grade but I'll be retaking unit 1 because that was my lower one.

Many schools have different policies for predicting grades. You should speak to your teacher and convince them you're going to improve on the retake and see what they say.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by ********

Retake. It's not just the overall grade that matters, but also UMS. Even if you only improve by 15 UMS, it's better than an E.
Reply 3
I'm thinking of re-taking too. My grades were;

Unit 1- B (One mark off an A :angry:)

Unit 2- C :frown:

I'm managed a B overall but am aiming for an A by the end of next year. Should I retake Unit 2?
Original post by NeonIndian
I'm thinking of re-taking too. My grades were;

Unit 1- B (One mark off an A :angry:)

Unit 2- C :frown:

I'm managed a B overall but am aiming for an A by the end of next year. Should I retake Unit 2?

Yeah, I'd retake Unit 2 if I were you :smile: You've got a decent grade already, but if you can get that to a solid B or an A those extra UMS will definitely help. And I know the feeling of being one off. I recently discovered that I was one mark from A* in GCSE Biology :angry: It's so aggravating! :P

Out of interest, how difficult would you say it is to get an A in GovPol for someone (me) who has to self-teach the AS & A2 in one year? I'll be doing the AS exams in Jan and the A2 in June, do you think it's realistically achievable? Bearing in mind i'm doing two other A2 subjects at the same time. Thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by forrestgump19
Yeah, I'd retake Unit 2 if I were you :smile: You've got a decent grade already, but if you can get that to a solid B or an A those extra UMS will definitely help. And I know the feeling of being one off. I recently discovered that I was one mark from A* in GCSE Biology :angry: It's so aggravating! :P

Out of interest, how difficult would you say it is to get an A in GovPol for someone (me) who has to self-teach the AS & A2 in one year? I'll be doing the AS exams in Jan and the A2 in June, do you think it's realistically achievable? Bearing in mind i'm doing two other A2 subjects at the same time. Thanks :smile:

Thanks, I probably retake, why not :smile: Erm, I'd say its definitely do able, tbh I managed to get my Unit 1 high B by effectively teaching myself the material, as my teacher was absolutely hopeless. So yeah, if you're motivated & work hard enough, Im sure you could manage it :smile: Pretty impressive that you're doing AS and A2 in one year!
Reply 6
Definitely retake, you have a great chance of getting an overall A!

Have you thought about remarking? A and E is a huge difference, there is a chance there is an error in the marking.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending