The Student Room Group

Hi

My name’s is Reem Abdelrhman
And I’m doing btec level 3 Applid science second year
I have got Distinction for all my assignments for the first year but I didn’t pass the exams unit
And it’s the same for the second year
My question is I have applied for the university to study Forensic investigation policing and I have got acceptance In five universities what is going to happen if I didn’t pass the exams unit
Thank you
Original post by Reemooo
My name’s is Reem Abdelrhman
And I’m doing btec level 3 Applid science second year
I have got Distinction for all my assignments for the first year but I didn’t pass the exams unit
And it’s the same for the second year
My question is I have applied for the university to study Forensic investigation policing and I have got acceptance In five universities what is going to happen if I didn’t pass the exams unit
Thank you

Did you get a "near pass" in any of them? Or not even that? Have you spoken with your school / college about retaking the examined units?

I'm fairly sure (but will check later when I'm home) that you can't pass the BTEC as a whole if you fail every exam.
Reply 2
Hi yes I had my last year exams in 9th and 10th of this month
And tomorrow I will start my second year exams
But I’m worried about it because it was difficult
And I’m trying my best but I’m afraid If I didn’t pass
Original post by Reemooo
Hi yes I had my last year exams in 9th and 10th of this month
And tomorrow I will start my second year exams
But I’m worried about it because it was difficult
And I’m trying my best but I’m afraid If I didn’t pass

I assume we're talking about a Pearson BTEC Level 3 Nationals Extended Diploma in Applied Science - worth three A levels. Is that right?

I've just checked. You can afford to get what's called a "near pass" in all four of the examined units (units 1, 3, 5 and 7). But as soon as any one of them drop below that to a U, then the overall grade drops to a U too. That's true even if you got a distinction in every single internal (coursework) unit. It goes without saying that none of the five offers you have will accept a U grade. :frown:

BTEC exams can be retaken - so that's what you'll need to do. The fact you say that "I had my last year exams in 9th and 10th of this month" makes me think that these may have been re-takes anyway (as ordinarily you'd have taken last year's exams last year). Is that the case?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending