The Student Room Group

Sociology Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zahra96
Hey. Do you have any resources on Crime and deviance, theories or mass media-A2 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi. i emailed you all i have. I don't teach mass media, it's quite a straight forward topic though, used to be on AS.

Best wishes
Original post by risteard
hi. i emailed you all i have. I don't teach mass media, it's quite a straight forward topic though, used to be on AS.

Best wishes

I havent received any emails... ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, do you have any resourses for the topic Culture&Identity. My notes are not enough to get a grade A
So for unit 1 (G671) I have almost 60 researchers to revise, not mention theories and some theorists names. That's almost impossible, how am I meant to remember all these names, plus unit 2 names?? Have you got any tips and do I really need to know ALL of them??
Original post by Zahra96
I havent rece1ived any emails... ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Confusing you with someone else. Inbox me your email and I will send u what i have
Confusing you with someone else. Inbox me your email and I will send u what i have

No problem thanks a tonne

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
I am currently studying for my exams that I will take in June. I am doing A2 sociology and I did it at AS as well. I find that the information is a lot and I was wondering do you have any tips/revision material/useful websites/advise that you could give as I feel myself struggling a bit. Thank you
Send me your email address. Thing is sociology is a very theoretical and discursive subject. Break your notes down into smaller sets of notes...umm mind maps, record yourself speaking about them onto your phone? The thing is A levels are hard work, some more than others.
Send me your email address. Thing is sociology is a very theoretical and discursive subject. Break your notes down into smaller sets of notes...umm mind maps, record yourself speaking about them onto your phone? The thing is A levels are hard work, some more than others.

Received them. Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. I'm just really confused on how to revise for the Unit 2 exam.

So sorry if this question has already been answered my phone keeps freezing -.-

Could you recommend books and what exactly do we need to know?

Thank you!

Btw I'm doing Education with RM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi has anyone got notes I could use? i'm doing AQA AS level Sociology, and the topics I'm doing is Education, Families and Households and Sociological research methods.
hi well done on your grade! I was wondering if you could let me know how you revised for AS, doing the same topics as you, and how you organised everything to revise? My exam is in May and i have no idea where to start or how to plan my notes etc :'(
Original post by Fazila765
hi well done on your grade! I was wondering if you could let me know how you revised for AS, doing the same topics as you, and how you organised everything to revise? My exam is in May and i have no idea where to start or how to plan my notes etc :'(

Same. My exam is in may as well.
did you happen to do religion?
and is it possible if you could email me some education study notes or resources that you used?
please and thank you!
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I thought so, AS was good and easy to understand if you are into politics/debating etc and as long as you could argue two theories against each other you are pretty much on course for a good grade! Families and Households I especially liked, really interesting when looking at the population and why there are more single parent families now than the 1950s for example, the reasons for this, and people's/groups' views on this! For example Charles Murray, a New Right theorist, believed it was because of the 'nanny state' which provides benefits and encourages people to give birth out of wedlock etc. as they know they will never not be provided for.

Unfortunately I don't revise through rhymes etc. I just made a grid of the four main views on suicide (Durkheim, Taylor, Atkinson...there's one more but my memory fails me :frown: ) And looked at their main points and studies, and literally revised from there and eventually when I thought of one I could see the opposite point in another theorist and I could remember the grid etc.. May not be too helpful but with something so confusing as suicide, I just found getting down and repeatedly copying out the notes of each theorist helped me as it turned into a routine that i couldn't really break haha xx

Hi, I'm currently doing my revision for my sociology AS exam in May/June and if you could, please can you photograph your note about the grid thing please >.< i desperately need some good study materials and as you have been very successful in you grade your work must be amazing!! or if you don't have your notes any more can you suggest me some theorists that argue against each other and their conflicting theories/beliefs, within the topic of Families and Households, and if you can Education as well? that would be a great help xxx
Hello guys. At the moment i'm currently studying Sociology Family & Household and Education with research methods and i was just wondering how can i revise for my upcoming exams in May. I'm really scared that i'm going to fail as i am not use to answering the questions in such small amount of time. Also, each practice exam that i have done, my score for the 24 and 20 mark essays hasn't improved. I was just wondering, if there was any advice you could give me on the structure of how to answer the essays. I'm currently getting D's/C's on my practice exams. However, i'm scared that i'm going to get a U/E/D grade in the real exam. Please help!
Hi!
Does anyone know of any good revision notes for Unit 3 beliefs in society and unit 4 crime and deviance? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by socalledtezzy
Hello guys. At the moment i'm currently studying Sociology Family & Household and Education with research methods and i was just wondering how can i revise for my upcoming exams in May. I'm really scared that i'm going to fail as i am not use to answering the questions in such small amount of time. Also, each practice exam that i have done, my score for the 24 and 20 mark essays hasn't improved. I was just wondering, if there was any advice you could give me on the structure of how to answer the essays. I'm currently getting D's/C's on my practice exams. However, i'm scared that i'm going to get a U/E/D grade in the real exam. Please help!

inbox me your email. I will send u a load of writing frames. You will get a least a C If you do them...mu students usually do.

best wishes
Original post by blondetasha
Hi!
Does anyone know of any good revision notes for Unit 3 beliefs in society and unit 4 crime and deviance? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've got essay plans for crime and beleifs. If you want them inbox me your email. I've got a load of other stuff as well
hiiiii :smile:

I need some help if anyone is willing to help me... I realised that in my notes I've wrote the functionalist, Marxist, feminist, newright, views on the role of the family but I don't have interactionists and postmodernists views. Do I need to know about them and what they think? What are the chances of an exam question coming up this May 2015 regarding post modernism and interactionists? Hopefully low lol! I just find it hard to speak about those two perspectives as theres not much to say :/

Im new to this so please be nice lol! And if you have any questions on UNIT 1 just ask I may be able to help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending