The Student Room Group

Architecture degree

Hi, I’m currently in the summer between GCSEs and the start of A Levels. I am quite an artistic person but also really enjoy humanities. I haven’t decided what type of career I would like to pursue, but I am quite interested in architecture and possibly taking an architectural degree at university. My current plan is to take A Level art, A Level English lit, A Level history and AS Level Sociology. However I am considering switching my AS Level from Sociology to Physics. My question is, will this make me more appealing to a university, and more likely to get onto an architectural course or will they not consider it important because it is an AS Level and not a complete A Level.
Original post by Jess :)))))
Hi, I’m currently in the summer between GCSEs and the start of A Levels. I am quite an artistic person but also really enjoy humanities. I haven’t decided what type of career I would like to pursue, but I am quite interested in architecture and possibly taking an architectural degree at university. My current plan is to take A Level art, A Level English lit, A Level history and AS Level Sociology. However I am considering switching my AS Level from Sociology to Physics. My question is, will this make me more appealing to a university, and more likely to get onto an architectural course or will they not consider it important because it is an AS Level and not a complete A Level.

Physics is only a required/preferred subject for a few architecture courses - the majority of unis don't ask for it. Check the A level requirements for architecture on the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710
Thank you, that is very helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending