The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heini
Citi is interviewing people, I know someone who interviewed there for S&T.

I also received an email saying that my application is still under review a few days ago.

and technology :biggrin:
Reply 581
Original post by Anecka
What about CMO and IBD?

No idea.
Reply 582
Applied for Citi CMO too but still under review. :frown:
A bit of a technical question. For those who've applied to UBS. They have 3 questions with a 1000 character limit. It doesn't say with or without spaces and when you post more than that it allows it unlike the BarCap one. Any idea if they actually count them or use software to do so?
Reply 584
Original post by Hristiyans
A bit of a technical question. For those who've applied to UBS. They have 3 questions with a 1000 character limit. It doesn't say with or without spaces and when you post more than that it allows it unlike the BarCap one. Any idea if they actually count them or use software to do so?

From what I remember the UBS one doesn't allow you to save ( you get an error message instead) when you go over the word limit...
^^^

Yeah, but it's probably a lot higher than 1000 characters.
Reply 586
and I believe it counted the spaces!
I just tested it out (my second time doing this form) and it allows me to save with over 1000 characters both with and without spaces being counted (I'm writing the answers in word). I guess as long it saves, it's allowed.
Reply 588
Yeah that's really strange actually. I did my application at the end of September and I looked at the character count both with and without spaces. For me, it wouldn't let me save until my character count WITH spaces was under 1000!
It is strange especially since you did yours this year. Which browser did you use. It's annoying as I don't know whether to put more words in.
Reply 590
I think I used IE but I can't be sure because I usually have both IE and Chrome open at the same time. I think i should be fine if it's letting you save. How many characters did you go over by?
Well, I haven't completed the form yet and I'm still writing the answer to first question. I think I tried going over by 100 characters without spaces and it allowed me to save. I am using Chrome.

Also is there a place to put in referees or people you know at the bank as I can't seem to find that one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 592
its 1000 characters INCLUDING SPACES. I sent an email asking the same question sometime last week

This is the email

Dear _______,

Thank you for your email and interest in UBS.

The character limit includes spaces.

Kind regards

EMEA Campus Recruiting
UBS AG | 3 Finsbury Avenue London EC2M 2PA
* [email protected]
OK, I guess I've just wasted half an hour writing a longer one...
Original post by Heini
Citi is interviewing people, I know someone who interviewed there for S&T.

I also received an email saying that my application is still under review a few days ago.

I still have not got results
Reply 595
Has anyone got an interview invite from MS IBD?
Reply 596
Does anyone know if Nomura allows 2 applications? I'm considering applying for an internship as well as a hedge
Original post by lady9957
Has anyone got an interview invite from MS IBD?

Have they started interviewing people yet?
Original post by banzie
Does anyone know if Nomura allows 2 applications? I'm considering applying for an internship as well as a hedge

They do. Nomura HR has also said that they will not recruit outside their intern pool for the grad scheme, so that hedge feels like a pretty good idea.
What's going on with Standard Bank?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest