The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by thegaffer91
My house mate had a phone interview with them - he said it was dreadful, the person interviewing him kept trying to trip him up and was asking for far more detail than any other interview that he had. I have a face to face interview on the 11th, i much prefer them to phone interviews regardless of how horrible the interviews are.

An important thing to remember about the big 4 is that, unlike big banks, if the places on a particular scheme fill up they won't just bin your app but allow you to move it across to a different scheme. Not ideal, i know, but better than nothing.

Thanks a lot, that's very helpful! Will do the latter one then. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 781
Original post by Jakeh
Had a phone interview with KPMG and ICAP so far (ICAP 2 weeks ago, KPMG last thursday); pretty confident in regards to KPMG (Acquisitions and Restructuring/Corp Fin) interview was really nice and the guy who interviewed me was awesome so chilled!

You still not heard back from ICAP either then? I had my phone interview this day last week and the girl said i'd hear within a week. You heard anything else about it?
Macquarie rejection
Reply 783
Interview from deloitte, PwC and KPMG for MC. Rejected from Deloitte after AC, PwC telephone interviewer was a bitch; kept interrupting me and probing about random sentences I'd said. KPMG telephone interview soon, dunno when it will be arranged.
Anyone heard anything from JP Morgan?

Or Citi Operations for that matter?
Reply 785
Had JPM S&T interview for internship last week. They said they will come back to us in two weeks time, so beginning of next week.

I had the RBS GBM AC as well and passed it. HR said that they will come back to us as well, with dates for desk-specific interviews, I guess. Has anyone gone through this process?
Reply 786
Original post by Liam88k
You still not heard back from ICAP either then? I had my phone interview this day last week and the girl said i'd hear within a week. You heard anything else about it?

Mine was Research and got told a 'few' weeks?
Reply 787
Original post by thegaffer91
No, I applied for the Investment Advisory stream. The KPMG bus is on my campus tomorrow so I might have go to along and ask again - I might remind them that I have interviews with PwC and Deloitte already lined up over the next couple of weeks!

Oh awesome dude. I dont know whats going on for you, I have my AC for KPMG this friday
Original post by Heini
Had JPM S&T interview for internship last week. They said they will come back to us in two weeks time, so beginning of next week.

I had the RBS GBM AC as well and passed it. HR said that they will come back to us as well, with dates for desk-specific interviews, I guess. Has anyone gone through this process?

I'm attending RBS' GBM AC tomorrow. What was the test like? How many interviews did you have and what kind of questions did they ask? Also, how quickly did they let you know that you passed the AC?

Thanks and good luck!
Reply 789
Ha, good luck then :smile:

Actually no real interviews at all. It was writing some research on 3 stocks, then a sales pitch, a group discussion about structuring a product for a client, and a trading game.
Reply 790
Original post by Jakeh
Mine was Research and got told a 'few' weeks?

Ah okay, mine's for voice broking. Typical HR being overly ambitious with the date they'll respond by....
Anyone hear from Blackrock, They said they would get back in two weeks from yesterday.
Rejection from Macquarie. Is this generic?

After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision not to proceed with your application to the next stage. We were very impressed with your credentials, but there were others who we felt were more suited to this particular opportunity.

We would have preferred to offer you a more positive reply, and given the high standard of your application, we would like to retain your details on file in the event further opportunities to join our team become available.
Anyone heard anything about HSBC AC? For internships they seem to have started...
Original post by ChevalBlanc
Rejection from Macquarie. Is this generic?

Absolutely generic, I got the same thing. Such rubbish: "we were very impressed with your credentials" I could have submitted a blank application and would have received the same result.
Original post by tradingInfinity
Anyone heard anything about HSBC AC? For internships they seem to have started...

Nothing after the telephone interview. They told me they would "hopefully hold ACs before christmas", but as they have started with intern ACs one could probably expect grad recruitment to hold final interviews... Well, sooner than expected.

Original post by BearOrBull
Absolutely generic, I got the same thing. Such rubbish: "we were very impressed with your credentials" I could have submitted a blank application and would have received the same result.

Lol agreed. Generic is fine as long as they don't BS like that - it's actually quite disrespectful.
Soc Gen - telephone interview scheduled. Anyone else?
HSBC telephone interview!
Reply 798
Original post by BearOrBull
HSBC telephone interview!

how did it go mate? what sort of questions did they ask you? what programme did you apply for?
Original post by boyz123
how did it go mate? what sort of questions did they ask you? what programme did you apply for?

Just received notification of it - booked in for a couple of weeks. Asset Management.

Quick Reply

Latest