The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by eastofeden101
i know GSAM has started interviewing for summers....

Yhh so has PWM, do they just not have space?? I would have though Grad took priority over intern. If they dont why not just say :s
for those interested in grad position in the US, my experience is that
- they finish earlier than europe normally by end of oct
- they dont look at online apps, the recruiting is target school-based (ivy schools, NYC, Uchicago and etc)
Original post by Ludovic_88
was yours for sales? and do you mind pm'ing me the e-mail?

I'd advise anyone receiving the BAML "done recruitment" email to go and call HR to get it switched to an intern app ASAP next week. It can be done.
Reply 1383
Original post by Hampstead_K
I'd advise anyone receiving the BAML "done recruitment" email to go and call HR to get it switched to an intern app ASAP next week. It can be done.

I tried to do that yesterday but they wouldn't let me :-(.
What did they exactly say to you?
Same
Reply 1386
Was the baml app for S&T? Because mine for IBD is still under review.
Reply 1387
Original post by Hampstead_K
What did they exactly say to you?

I applied for research. They just said that they can't transfer my grad app to an internship one and I will have to wait until next year to apply again.
Reply 1388
Original post by Mr Speaker
I read it on Commerzbank Website. It was like a pdf file. Also I read the same thing on targetjobs somewhere. Targetjobs stated that they usually have an AC after application, same thing was stated on their website. After doing a bit of research i found out that last year they had ACs in march lol. This is one of those unpredictable banks! :wink:Lets just wait and see!

Guys how did you find the Commerzbank's shl tests? How hard was it? How many questions were there? Thanks!
guys please help me with a contact number for citi grad recruitment - i beg you :biggrin: - its one of only a few places i havent been reject from but if they dont get my details they will cancel my application - fml
Most banks are taking a "wait and see" approach to grad recruiting this year. If things stay as bad as they have been, you won't see any grad top up hiring. However, if things improve, you might see a late cycle of grad recruiting in Feb - May next year. For this reason, you won't get rejections from the firms, but also won't hear back from them for a while.
Original post by Prince of Zamunda
Most banks are taking a "wait and see" approach to grad recruiting this year. If things stay as bad as they have been, you won't see any grad top up hiring. However, if things improve, you might see a late cycle of grad recruiting in Feb - May next year. For this reason, you won't get rejections from the firms, but also won't hear back from them for a while.

Where did you get this information from? I have heard something similar. I spoke to a person in GS HR and she stated that they have not started sending any e-mails regarding tele interviews or invites to AC. :s-smilie:
Reply 1392
Original post by M Yass
Guys how did you find the Commerzbank's shl tests? How hard was it? How many questions were there? Thanks!

typical shl tests, so simple enough.
Reply 1393
Original post by xil
Barcap finished 2012 recruitment, emailed today.

Did they ask you if you want to be considered for an off-cycle internship?
Reply 1394
Original post by smudpwan

Does Barclays have an off-cycle internships?
I though they have only summer internships.
I asked to switch my application from Grad to SI.
Reply 1395
Original post by smudpwan

Thank you for your initial application to Barclays Capital. We have now completed our recruitment for 2012 and are therefore withdrawing your application from our system. Should you wish to be considered for a position in 2013, please reapply from August via https://www.barclays.gtios.com/BarclaysCapital.

We would like to thank you for the time and interest you have shown in Barclays Capital and we wish you every success in your future career.

Kind regards,

Barclays Capital Campus Recruitment
BP grad e-mail address anyone?
Reply 1397
anyone heard from Lazards or Rothchilds?

no news is good news
Reply 1398
Original post by Ludovic_88
BP grad e-mail address anyone?

[email protected]
better off calling them though, 0800 279 2088

are you going to the ac tomorrow?
Original post by robotic_dancer
Investments?

Yes.

Original post by pepperpots
Is it for equity research?

No, FI/Econ Research.

Original post by Dreamy
Do you think that Goldman have given out all their first round invites? That was my last living graduate app...sob sob.

Sorry, no idea.

Also rejected from BAML Struct and received a 1st round UBS FI Research invite today.

Quick Reply

Latest