The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chyoma001
maybe u should write them because i applied on the 5th of november. However, it was for sales and marketing. The test was shl numerical and logical tests if i remember well. Goodluck :smile:

You had logical?! I only had numeric! I emailed them last week to confirm that my results went through but I have not received a reply.

Original post by cl1ck
No, I didn't. I only did a numerical.

Good luck to you all!
#

Oh, got rejected from Schroders, too. hella of day. I decided to write something on their FB page and an hour later the rejection email. suspicious

Really? :eek:
Original post by ebam_uk
What happened to your actuary ambitions?

I'm still considering it. The deadlines haven't passed yet.
Reply 1582
Original post by Ludovic_88
3 months, multiple emails and phone calls later; still under review, ms said 3 weeks for a decision about 6 weeks ago. gave up a while ago. i think there were v limited FT places, if any. by now i doubt there are vacancies remaining (it is december after all).

I dont understand why they are keeping us in doubt. If there are no places, they should email us so that we know whats going on.
...sigh...
Original post by Frontier
You had logical?! I only had numeric! I emailed them last week to confirm that my results went through but I have not received a reply.

I'm pretty sure there was a logical, but i did like 3 other companies' tests that day so it is possible that i might be mixing it up. Tbh I'm fed up with the wait, they should just give us a reply already!:rolleyes:
Original post by chyoma001
I'm pretty sure there was a logical, but i did like 3 other companies' tests that day so it is possible that i might be mixing it up. Tbh I'm fed up with the wait, they should just give us a reply already!:rolleyes:

I have a feeling there was logical too; the website says "online tests" and I read somewhere else that it is numeric & verbal. I hope it isn't a mistake on my part, but I'm pretty sure I only had access to one test.

Wish they'd let us know soon too. Wikijobs posts from last year indicate that an assessment centre had come and gone by early Dec :frown:
Original post by Ludovic_88
congratulations. i assume that was the one that went well?

Thx. Actually not, was very surprised to get an invite. Have still to hear from BarCap, although I thought that I would have heard by now and fear that the irony of the situation might be that I get through from the interview that didn't go so well and vice versa.
Original post by Frontier
I have a feeling there was logical too; the website says "online tests" and I read somewhere else that it is numeric & verbal. I hope it isn't a mistake on my part, but I'm pretty sure I only had access to one test.

Wish they'd let us know soon too. Wikijobs posts from last year indicate that an assessment centre had come and gone by early Dec :frown:

Did you apply for Risk by any chance? Just asking as I did and was only asked to take the one numerical test.
Reply 1587
Hey, Congrats on the UBS invite! RE: Barcap, I think we might be interviewing for the same team(PM me if you want to confirm), in which case they will get back to us by the end of the week since they are still interviewing candidates
Reply 1588
Hey guys,

I had my final AC with RBS GBM Banking on the 18th of November..
As of now, I know that around 70% of the other candidates at the AC has been rejected.
They told me that I have passed the AC but couldn't give me any confirmation to when I would hear the final outcome..
Anyone know what's going on over there?
What are the chances?
Original post by ibanker2
Hey guys,

I had my final AC with RBS GBM Banking on the 18th of November..
As of now, I know that around 70% of the other candidates at the AC has been rejected.
They told me that I have passed the AC but couldn't give me any confirmation to when I would hear the final outcome..
Anyone know what's going on over there?
What are the chances?

Sounds like you're a reserve in case a first choice doesn't accept the offer.

This happened to me following an AC recently..
Reply 1590
Ok I see.. Did you end up getting it?
What is strange to me is that nobody from the AC I attended has received an offer yet, so I don't understand why they would bother hosting an AC if they already had filled up their graduate class..
Original post by ibanker2
Ok I see.. Did you end up getting it?
What is strange to me is that nobody from the AC I attended has received an offer yet, so I don't understand why they would bother hosting an AC if they already had filled up their graduate class..

Obviously they may have hosted more than one AC and made offers to people at other ones.

And no, I didn't get it.
Original post by fargo89
Sounds like you're a reserve in case a first choice doesn't accept the offer.

This happened to me following an AC recently..

Where did it happen to you?

A mate is in the same spot for RBS GBM Sales.

Anyone heard anything further from MS/GS/CS for S&T FT?
Reply 1593
MS and CS are having/had desk-specific interviews for ft trading.
rejection from goldman sachs pre tests :/
Original post by cl1ck

Original post by cl1ck
Same. Did the numerical. I thought I did good..and now a month later rejection.
Maybe you should write to them.idk

Its very tough now with how competitive it is! You don't just need to pass but pass really well, I used a website called www.numricaltesthelp.com. thought it was really good because it told me my weak areas!
Original post by jermaindefoe
rejection from goldman sachs pre tests :/

Tech? You're not the only person I've heard ahd that email today.

Given that I've spoken to tech interns at GS this summer who werent hired due to lack of headcount, it doesn't surprise me that they're not recruiting for full time Technology this autumn.
Original post by Heini
MS and CS are having/had desk-specific interviews for ft trading.

have you been?
Reply 1598
hi all,
got barclays wealth telephone invite today!
anyone got experience with them?
thx
JPM AM FI rejection.

Quick Reply

Latest