The Student Room Group

Music Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackf1337
Debating going to Goldsmiths tomorrow but I'll have to go on my own... Any thoughts?

Do it :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Do it :yep:

I've signed up on the website :smile: I think I'll head down, should be a good afternoon.
I've signed up on the website :smile: I think I'll head down, should be a good afternoon.

How was Goldsmiths dude?
Reply 383
I feel late joining this thread :P
Anyway, I've applied for Musical Theatre in Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. I really hope I get in. I sent off my application two weeks ago, but CUKAS said it's a late audition while on the Trinity website it said that Musical Theatre applicants had until the 1st of December so I'm really panicky about it aha...
I'm hoping they respond soon, I'm so nervous!
Original post by Fleet Foxes
How was Goldsmiths dude?

Heading down this afternoon, it starts at 2 :smile: Will let you know
Heading down this afternoon, it starts at 2 :smile: Will let you know

Cheers man.
Reply 386
Well, now have a durham music offer!!
Cambridge interview yesterday was tough, could have gone better but I think I coped well :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by fralycis
Well, now have a durham music offer!!
Cambridge interview yesterday was tough, could have gone better but I think I coped well :smile:

well done on durham!!!! do you know which college you've been allocated yet?!!
hope the cambridge news is good news :smile:
@Jackf1337

What was Goldsmiths like?
@Jackf1337

What was Goldsmiths like?

It was good, didn't see an awful lot but I like the course and the lecturers I spoke to. They've got some great facilities as well.

Definitely applying there and it'll be a top choice :smile:
Did they say much about the popular music course?
Did they say much about the popular music course?

There was a talk on it, but I didn't go as I'm more interested in the straight Music course.

It looks highly subscribed/popular (pun unintended) though. The website has plenty of info on it
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 392
Original post by zed12345
well done on durham!!!! do you know which college you've been allocated yet?!!
hope the cambridge news is good news :smile:

Thanks! Haven't been given a college yet but I applied to st. john's - don't mind where I'm put but just preferably in the bailey area! What about you?
Not counting on cambridge offer to be honest but thanks so much anyway! :biggrin:
Reply 393
Original post by fralycis
Thanks! Haven't been given a college yet but I applied to st. john's - don't mind where I'm put but just preferably in the bailey area! What about you?
Not counting on cambridge offer to be honest but thanks so much anyway! :biggrin:

Same!!!! I really really don't want a hill college! i can't deal with walking...i'm so lazy, i just need to roll out of bed to a lecture!!!
Just got an offer for Manchester! Has anybody else heard anyword yet?
Greetings fellow musos! :smile:

Totally just jumped on the "I just sent my application off!!" bandwagon on Tuesday, and I've just received a Royal Holloway offer and Manchester interview! Read the previous comments about Royal Holl which is a shame :/ Though haven't actually visited the place yet so Ill see what I think of it.. And I was just wondering whether anyone else has been invited to a Manchester Interview Day on the 23rd Feb or 1st March??
Still waiting for decisions from Kings College, Bristol and Birmingham.. eeeek
Reply 396
My tutor has only just stopped fannying around with references and my ucas has JUST been sent off, awaiting welcome email or whatnot after 48 hours. Although not the most elite, I've applied to York St john's, salford and colchester. Really want YSJ though, if I get a conditional for there then all others become irrelevant! Good luck everyone! :smile:
Hi, I just got my offer from Manchester as well! Yay :smile:
Tomorrow is the date that RWCMD have said they'll reply by....

So fingers crossed.
Reply 399
Original post by zed12345
Same!!!! I really really don't want a hill college! i can't deal with walking...i'm so lazy, i just need to roll out of bed to a lecture!!!

Sooo this! I don't mind any bailey college like hatfield or st. chad's etc. but even when choosing emmanuel for cambridge college, it had to be central, old enough and good for music! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest