The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Another Accommodation Thread...

Hi, Parent In Peace here....

My son chose Nottingham as his firm choice and applied for accommodation in early May. He met his condition, but we still have no offer of accommodation. We've phoned the accommodation office several times, they just say "He's in the system, he should get an email today/tomorrow/within 2 days/soon". Getting a bit fed up as we don't even know if he's going to be in catered or self catered, so we can't get started on buying the things he's goning to need. I keep seeing people who applied for accommodation after my son and they have accommodation offers, which is not helping matters for us.

Any ideas on how we can progress this to get it sorted?
Reply 1
P.S. This is for University of Nottingham. Thought I'd put the thread in that section, obviously not :redface:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by P.I.P.
Hi, Parent In Peace here....

My son chose Nottingham as his firm choice and applied for accommodation in early May. He met his condition, but we still have no offer of accommodation. We've phoned the accommodation office several times, they just say "He's in the system, he should get an email today/tomorrow/within 2 days/soon". Getting a bit fed up as we don't even know if he's going to be in catered or self catered, so we can't get started on buying the things he's goning to need. I keep seeing people who applied for accommodation after my son and they have accommodation offers, which is not helping matters for us.

Any ideas on how we can progress this to get it sorted?

All you can do is wait. The accommodation office is not going to lie to you -- what benefit would they derive from doing so?

Regarding buying things... you've got pretty much a month -- there's no enormous rush. There are plenty of shops in Nottingham -- the SU even puts on a trip to Ikea during week one, so your son should be able to buy stuff then, if needs be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending