Reply 580
Original post by Tateco
Offer for economics about a week ago :biggrin:

Sorted :biggrin:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by vicci7
Wow, thank god I didn't apply to Exeter, it's a good 6 hours from me, 4 is bad enough for you!!

I went to Bath on Wednesday and LOVED it so very happy :smile: Hope you get the same from Exeter!!

I was there too! Thought the same, definitely making it my firm choice.

You languages or politics?
Reply 582
Original post by Yash13
Sorted :biggrin:

Where are you firming?
Reply 583
Original post by Tateco
Where are you firming?

Waiting on Warwick and Durham. If those fall through probably Bath. To be honest overall Bath is my favourite, but reputation is better for those two. What about you?
Reply 584
Original post by Yash13
Waiting on Warwick and Durham. If those fall through probably Bath. To be honest overall Bath is my favourite, but reputation is better for those two. What about you?

Waiting on UCL and Warwick, I really want UCL but I agree Bath seems really nice and somehow appealing!
Reply 585
Original post by Tateco
Waiting on UCL and Warwick, I really want UCL but I agree Bath seems really nice and somehow appealing!

You will get offers from both I reckon, I have seen your grades- clever guy lol. Yeah I mean theres something about the location and the prospects are excellent at Bath so I will be very happy if I end up going there. However, I still want either Warwick or Durham lol.
Reply 586
Original post by Yash13
You will get offers from both I reckon, I have seen your grades- clever guy lol. Yeah I mean theres something about the location and the prospects are excellent at Bath so I will be very happy if I end up going there. However, I still want either Warwick or Durham lol.

Getting a bit late in the day though! Losing hope a little bit :tongue: Yeah it's a nice place, I know how you feel, just nice to have the choice!
Reply 587
Original post by Tateco
Getting a bit late in the day though! Losing hope a little bit :tongue: Yeah it's a nice place, I know how you feel, just nice to have the choice!

Yeah I know what you mean, it is slightly annoying how long we have to wait for a decision from the higher ranked universities but I do understand that in itself is the reason for the delay. Don't worry no news is good news, sometimes anyways... Yeah exactly defenitely happy to go there if all else fails.
Biochemistry anyone? I'm sure most of you have already replied, but I don't fancy trawling through 30 odd pages :smile: Anyone going to the offer holder open day thing on Wednesday 29th Feb?
Original post by bamartin66
Biochemistry anyone? I'm sure most of you have already replied, but I don't fancy trawling through 30 odd pages :smile: Anyone going to the offer holder open day thing on Wednesday 29th Feb?

Yep I am :smile: not sure whether to firm Bath or York though... have already been to the open day thing at Bath :smile: nice and informal!
Original post by In One Ear
Email them, i've spoken to Geoff Smith (the admissions tutor) and they are very flexible about this and would rather people had STEP offers. God knows why you'd rather A*AB and a 2 in STEP than just A*AA!

Thanks for the helpful reply! :smile:,

The reason I want the STEP offer is because this is the only university which I applied for which offers STEP, hence why i took it this year so it would be a waste not do the STEP when it's not required for any uni. Also the B would be in Physics which I would be a lot more comfortable getting a B in rather than an A.
Original post by Satsui no hado
Thanks for the helpful reply! :smile:,

The reason I want the STEP offer is because this is the only university which I applied for which offers STEP, hence why i took it this year so it would be a waste not do the STEP when it's not required for any uni. Also the B would be in Physics which I would be a lot more comfortable getting a B in rather than an A.

Take STEP anyway - that way, if you do get a B in physics, they might be more lenient than if you hadn't taken STEP and got a B.

I'm so glad my offer's not a STEP offer :tongue:
Reply 592
Got an offer from bath (obviously as its the bath applicant thread :smile: )for biochemical engineering a few weeks ago, going to the open day on 8th March, just wondering if anyone's going, anyone got an offer for chemical or biochem eng??
Reply 593
I got an offer for Bath not so long ago for Economics L101 so.. Hey guys! :biggrin:
Reply 594
Original post by Hemzo
I got an offer for Bath not so long ago for Economics L101 so.. Hey guys! :biggrin:

Woo Eco Friend
Reply 595
Original post by Yash13
Woo Eco Friend

Haha, Inbetweeners is legendary :tongue:

Did you go for the sandwich course aswell?
Reply 596
I just firmed my unconditional offer from Bath! (Computer Systems Engineering)

:biggrin:

I've been hesitating to do the actual firming for over a month, so I finally just thought, "to hell with it!" and submitted my decision. I have already ruled out the other four, and am fairly certain that I'll go to Bath.

Now, I can probably start my preparations and so on...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 597
Original post by Hemzo
Haha, Inbetweeners is legendary :tongue:

Did you go for the sandwich course aswell?

Yup. xD I like the monies haha.
Reply 598
Original post by Yash13
Yup. xD I like the monies haha.

You're not the only one, it's just smart planning for the future, helps you pay off your loans quicker :tongue:
Reply 599
Original post by Hemzo
You're not the only one, it's just smart planning for the future, helps you pay off your loans quicker :tongue:

Exactly! Plus its a great place to be and ten minutes from the action (Bristol) lol. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest