The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marsha2112
There's a DJ class once a week on campus run by the ICIA (theatre), taught by an actual DJ :biggrin: (I went for 7 weeks and dropped out, everyone else took it way more seriously, one girl splashed out £800 on her own decks) - the guy says the aim at the end of the first 10 week course is to get people a DJ slot in a club, or at least perform to the group. The Music Soc also runs electronic music production classes.

What's the whole music 'scene' like there anyway? Just in general...
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 981
There's a DJ class once a week on campus run by the ICIA (theatre), taught by an actual DJ :biggrin: (I went for 7 weeks and dropped out, everyone else took it way more seriously, one girl splashed out £800 on her own decks) - the guy says the aim at the end of the first 10 week course is to get people a DJ slot in a club, or at least perform to the group. The Music Soc also runs electronic music production classes.

That's amazing! Are the DJ slots around clubs in Bath? :biggrin:
Reply 982
Original post by Hemzo
Wow, you actually know how to do it! I'm have no idea how to do it, I still need to learn it haha

Sounds pretty good! I'm a huge fan of House,Electro and Dance. I listen to Dubstep now and then :smile:

I like scoring goals, so I don't think I could ever stay CB or GK :tongue:

You a Gujarati by any chance? :smile:

Lol yeah I'm still rookie only done a few gigs. Hard to learn and do work, hopefully I have more time after these exams.

Yesss my man, House is my favourite!!! Gotta love Tiesto. Yeah I used to be like that but now I love Dubstep too.

Ah man, you need the glory lol :P . I love stopping people scoring :colone:

Yes lol. Wbu?
Reply 983
Original post by Yash13
Lol yeah I'm still rookie only done a few gigs. Hard to learn and do work, hopefully I have more time after these exams.

Yesss my man, House is my favourite!!! Gotta love Tiesto. Yeah I used to be like that but now I love Dubstep too.

Ah man, you need the glory lol :P . I love stopping people scoring :colone:

Yes lol. Wbu?

Lol must of taken you some time to learn! Guess it's all paying off now that you're doing gigs and stuff :biggrin:

I've heard Bath has some decent House clubs from what I hear and a lot of Bath Spa and Bath students go on nights out so it's not all bad for night life, it was my initial worry because I was told that Bath's nightlife was non-existent!

I love doing my goal celebrations :colone:

Yeah same, seems there's quite a few of us on here :tongue:
Reply 984
Original post by Hemzo
Lol must of taken you some time to learn! Guess it's all paying off now that you're doing gigs and stuff :biggrin:

I've heard Bath has some decent House clubs from what I hear and a lot of Bath Spa and Bath students go on nights out so it's not all bad for night life, it was my initial worry because I was told that Bath's nightlife was non-existent!

I love doing my goal celebrations :colone:

Yeah same, seems there's quite a few of us on here :tongue:

Yeah at first its annoying but then it starts to make sense but I still learn more everyday, so much left to learn. Haha yeah the best bit is the money :biggrin:

Sorted! Yeah that's what I found out first before applying but I have a few older friends who went there an assured me that it's not bad. Bristol is better apparently but aslong as theirs House clubs I'm happy. LOL dw I thought that haha.

Lol. I love acting like a badman after making a save :colondollar:

Yeah I have found two so far. :cool: Where did you apply for accommodation btw?
Reply 985
Original post by fionalala12
So do I lovely, it would be great to meet you!

yeah!! sure :smile:.................btw do u know anyone else who has taken psychology along with us, at Bath???
Reply 986
Original post by Yash13
Yeah at first its annoying but then it starts to make sense but I still learn more everyday, so much left to learn. Haha yeah the best bit is the money :biggrin:

Sorted! Yeah that's what I found out first before applying but I have a few older friends who went there an assured me that it's not bad. Bristol is better apparently but aslong as theirs House clubs I'm happy. LOL dw I thought that haha.

Hey!! Seems like am not the only Indian on this page :smile:
Reply 987
Original post by Mohitraje
Hey!! Seems like am not the only Indian on this page :smile:

:smile: Yo. Are you Gujarati? Lol. What course man?
Original post by Contrad!ction.
I've firmed for maths, so I might see you there :biggrin:

What's your offer? :smile:

Sweet! I cant wait to go :smile:

A*AA or AAAA should manage it... just
What is your offer? and what made you pick Bath?
Reply 989
Original post by Yash13
:smile: Yo. Are you Gujarati? Lol. What course man?

No dude......am Maharashtrian.
I have applied for psychology nd u??
Original post by Cpt_Oppius
Sweet! I cant wait to go :smile:

A*AA or AAAA should manage it... just
What is your offer? and what made you pick Bath?

Neither can I - what accommodation have you applied for?

A*AA - I liked the module variety, and the place is nice :smile: What about you?
Reply 991
Original post by Yash13

Plus it keeps you busy!

Yeah, I heard people have said it isn't that great, but I'm not too sure if people are just saying that because the lack of clubbing options in Bath or whether it's just really bad :tongue:

Still yet to fully decide whether to firm Bath or Bristol, but I'll probably go for Norwood or Westwood if I firm Bath :smile:
Original post by Mohitraje
yeah!! sure :smile:.................btw do u know anyone else who has taken psychology along with us, at Bath???

I don't know anyone that is going to Bath, let alone doing Psychology! It's going to be so lonely!
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Neither can I - what accommodation have you applied for?

A*AA - I liked the module variety, and the place is nice :smile: What about you?

Pretty much the same really, I absolutely love Bath as a city and the course looked excellent :smile:
I applied for Sols/Marlborough but I dont hold out much hope seeing as so many applied for it. To be honest It doesnt matter where you end up, its only for a year and its the people who make it after all :smile:
Original post by Dr. Bassman

Thats what I need to be sure of before I go man, if not its gonna have to be Bristol for me.
Original post by Dr. Bassman

I'm not sure exactly how you mean, but all the clubs play the same stuff - house, chart, dance, electro and a bit of dubstep. One has a "reggae cave" as we've called it :P About concerts and live stuff, I don't really know about that. Motion in Bristol have pretty well-known acts playing.
As for people at the uni, well, there's people into everything - the taste in music varies the same as any other place. Dance is obviously popular especially when going out, but most of my friends seem to be into indie/rock.
One has a "reggae cave" as we've called it :P

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Yay
Reply 997
:
Original post by fionalala12
I don't know anyone that is going to Bath, let alone doing Psychology! It's going to be so lonely!

Ohh!! Dont worry u wont be lonely...........pretty girls are never left alone :wink:

(Dont misunderstand me, juz trying to cheer u up:smile:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 998
Hey guys :smile: I done a forum for any current Bath students and one replied to me giving a very detailed and good insight into what the uni's like, night life etc! Have a read if you like :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1968339&p=37103059#post37103059
Reply 999
Original post by ElizM_94
Hey guys :smile: I done a forum for any current Bath students and one replied to me giving a very detailed and good insight into what the uni's like, night life etc! Have a read if you like :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1968339&p=37103059#post37103059

Cheers for that great thread. Extracted some useful info. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest