ok , where did you meet him?

Met him and the rest of the band after their March 2012 gig in Swindon :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1182
Original post by Sannn
Met him and the rest of the band after their March 2012 gig in Swindon :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

cool
Although I saw her and Dennis once, has anyone met Margaret Thatcher?
Reply 1184
anyone met Beyonce before?
Reply 1185
I've met Gordon Brown! :rolleyes: I've also met some Danish princess and the president of Iceland, but I can't say they're terribly famous.
I met the owl who played Hedwig!

I've also met Warwick Davis who played Professor Flitwick in Harry Potter. Actually, I've met him a few times as he lives in the village next to mine and I went to school with his niece. He's really nice and cheerful :P [h="3"]I've also met Jeremy Clarkson's Mum and spoke to her for a good 40 minutes. I was grounded and wasn't allowed to be left in the house alone so I had to go to my mum's hospital appointment with her. Jeremy Clarkson's mum was waiting outside (waiting for my mum to finish) in this little waiting room. She was SO nice, and she dropped it into conversation so casually that her son was Jeremy Clarkson as we were talking about working in Media. Prior to that she was telling me how her son got sacked from his first job for throwing a type writer and took a degree in Russian as that's was the only degree he was accepted onto. He's son is apparently nerdy and his daughter is bit of a rebel hahaha.

Best day to be grounded ever! :biggrin:
Original post by Liammm
I've met Gordon Brown! :rolleyes: I've also met some Danish princess and the president of Iceland, but I can't say they're terribly famous.

That's a very nice selection though! :smile: Say more, what were they each like?
Reply 1188
Original post by Fullofsurprises
That's a very nice selection though! :smile: Say more, what were they each like?

Gordon Brown - He was quite dull. He basically came to my Dad's work, planted a tree, shook some hands and left. It was years ago so my memory of it is vague, but I don't think it was much more than that.

The Danish Princess - I don't really remember her that well. Princess Benidikts I think she was. I think she noticed us because our group were dressed in kilts (I was at an international Scout Jamboree) She basically asked us the usual stuff - where we were from, how we found the camp blah blah blah... she then had to move on quickly to another part of the camp so it was only a brief encounter.

The Icelandic president was also someone who I met at a scouting jamboree in summer 2012. Unsuprisingly, it was in Iceland! Yet again, we were dressed in kilts so we were definitely noticed. The bagpipes probably helped too! I found him to be quite funny, and he seemed genuinely interested in us. He did all the usual stuff like welcoming us to Iceland, asked were we were from and what we were going to do, he hoped we would had a good time at the jamboree, and wished us all the best. However, because it was pouring, we were all pretty keen to get out of the rain and into shelter, so our encounter with him was only 10 minutes or so. He's definitely my favourite out of all the somewhat famous people I've met though. :biggrin:
Reply 1189
compared to other people in this thread , the people my friend met dont seem too impressive.
Reply 1190
where is the best place to meet famous people then?
Reply 1191
I met Derren Brown after one of his Svengali shows, he was lovely.

I also met a filmmaker called Lynne Shelton who was very welcoming, and stood about 10 feet from Robert Redford at the same time.
Original post by Dappaman
I was an extra in a bollywood film recently.

I met shahid kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. Shahid was very friendly in fact, at one point it started raining on set. Me and a friend accidently took cover in the actors tent. Shahid Kapoors bodyguard came up to us and kicked us out, 2 mins later shahid found us and invited us back in! (doesnt sound like a lot but he's HUGE in bollywood, so just the fact that he spoke to us was nice xD )

Priyanka Chopra is a HUGE diva. The make up artist accidently got hairspray on her forehead. The Result? He got a smack in the face from her!

Most people won't have a clue who im on about but this post is for the asians out there!

aw I love shahid kapoor so you're hella lucky and as for priyanka, I haven't really liked her from the start but hey a celebs a celeb

Posted from TSR Mobile
I saw AJ and Zach Ryder from the WWE :smile:
Reply 1194
Cheryl Cole x2
Selena Gomez
Zac Efron
JLS x2
The Wanted x2
Little Mix
Joey Essex and Tom Pearce
Ellie Goulding (;
Judi Dench, Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton, Dominic Cooper, Orlando Bloom, Ralph Fiennes and I sold Guy Ritchie tickets to the London Eye... All very nice! Ahh the joys of living in London!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1197
Original post by fatimaalix
Ellie Goulding (;

cool where?
Reply 1198
so my list is 3 Hollyoaks stars.
Joanna Lumley is absolutely lovely.

Quick Reply

Latest