The Student Room Group

Why don't Asian countries take in immigrants?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by No Future
immigrant =/= refugee

Refugees are a sub group of immigrant
Reply 101
Original post by Zidane
Pakistan is full of refugees from Afghansitan who moved here after the Soviet invasion.

India has quite a sizeable Muslim population.

Bangladesh used to be East Pakistan so there are quite alot of Pakistanis living there aswell.

Thats local immigration, OP means why don't loads of african immigrants and the like go to Japan etc..
Because they are not stupid or a soft touch, like we are.
Original post by Zidane

India has quite a sizeable Muslim population.

Bangladesh used to be East Pakistan so there are quite alot of Pakistanis living there aswell.

Muslims in India have been living there for centuries, they arent refugees.

In Bangladesh the main refugees are from Burma and Bihar.
Original post by DdotT
Thats local immigration, OP means why don't loads of african immigrants and the like go to Japan etc..

Pakistan atm has the highest number of refugees in the world, most of who are from Afghanistan (neighbouring countries) and are classified as refugees by the UNHCR, not local migrants
Reply 105
Original post by Khan_79
They do actually, From middle east to Japan.

Its just that they dont moan so very often

lol, what is the number of middle easterners in Japan? Probably about 12 people.
They should do, cos there's plenty of room!...............Because all The Asians are over here!:angry::angry::angry:
Original post by YorkieLad101
because theyre not white (notice how the top immigration countries are all white countries)

Countries with the highest immigrants are those more stable countries located next to war torn countries eg Pakistan, Syria, Kenya
Iran has 3 million Afghan refugees when it's a developing country.
Original post by Taivaallinen
Why don't China, India and other growing economies, and Japan don't take in any refugees/asylum seekers?

There policy, especially countries like China who have a no interference policy with foreign countries.

Plus these countries themselves have serious human rights issue and barely any support system for their own people and jobs so people wouldn't go there.
Reply 110
Original post by musti123
Pakistan atm has the highest number of refugees in the world, most of who are from Afghanistan (neighbouring countries) and are classified as refugees by the UNHCR, not local migrants

True i didn't think of that immediately, but i have to say due to the fact they as displaced by war (a major famine also would be included in my book) means its a slightly different senario, if Afgan immigrants started moving to pakistan for a better life or a bit of work then it would be local immigration which is what im refering to
Reply 111
Original post by Ferdowsi
lol, what is the number of middle easterners in Japan? Probably about 12 people.

i was in kobe last year, they have a sizable community from pakistan, india, africa, middle east and south east asia.
i dont have the approximate number but obviously not small (but not big as in UK either).
it's also important to add japan has a big korean and chinese community also, some of them have been naturalized.

funny thing though i talked to an older pakistani man who has been there for about 15 years and yet he can't speak the japanese language but his son who's been in japan for about 3 months go to a language school. he said the language is too difficult for him though i would say it's more because of lack of effort.
i guess in general first generation migrants will always find it hard to assimilate and integrate in new countries (unless they come from a well-educated background)
Reply 112
Original post by godzilla
i was in kobe last year, they have a sizable community from pakistan, india, africa, middle east and south east asia.
i dont have the approximate number but obviously not small (but not big as in UK either).
it's also important to add japan has a big korean and chinese community also, some of them have been naturalized.

funny thing though i talked to an older pakistani man who has been there for about 15 years and yet he can't speak the japanese language but his son who's been in japan for about 3 months go to a language school. he said the language is too difficult for him though i would say it's more because of lack of effort.
i guess in general first generation migrants will always find it hard to assimilate and integrate in new countries (unless they come from a well-educated background)

according to google there are about 8,000 Pakistanis, 10,000 Iranians and 4,000 Turks out of about 120 million. in comparision the UK has 1.2 million Pakistanis, 75,000 Iranians and 500,000 Turks out of a population of 60 million.
Reply 113
Singapore does! :colone:

I imagine because most are very unpleasant and dangerous for the people that live there. Crazy muslims kill normal muslims more than anyone else.
Many Asian countries, excluding Japan and South Korea, have high poverty rates and thus cannot accept many immigrants as many western countries can.

In addition, some countries do accept immigrants but in small amounts due to limited space.
I just found out Pakistan, of all countries, has jus soli. Maybe we should flood them with pregnant women in the third trimester from all corners of the world?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending