The Student Room Group

Welsh Society

Chat about anything relating to Wales. Queries about Wales, travelling here, the Welsh language or anything which includes Wales can be discussed here.

This thread is related to the Welsh Society.

Everyone is welcome to chat (Welsh or not). Members are free to speak in English or Welsh.

WALES
Wales wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wales
Welsh government: http://wales.gov.uk/?lang=en
BBC Wales: http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/
Learn Welsh: http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/learning/learnwelsh/
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I wonder why Hadrian built his wall to block off Scotland. It would have been better placed on the Welsh border :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Jonah Ramone
I wonder why Hadrian built his wall to block off Scotland. It would have been better placed on the Welsh border :frown:

For what reason? (Guessing it's something anti-Welsh :wink: )
It'd save me having to go all the way up North to see the wall, for a start.

:wink2:
there must be more than 5 welshies on TSR! they should get cracking and join the society..
Reply 5
Original post by samiwel.davies
there must be more than 5 welshies on TSR! they should get cracking and join the society..

Reply 6
Original post by samiwel.davies

I know! It's very quiet here...
Reply 7
Just joined :biggrin: Shocked at how small the group is.
Reply 8
Original post by welshyelmo
Just joined :biggrin: Shocked at how small the group is.

I know! The Scottish and even Yorkshire groups are huge :lol:
Reply 9
Welsh are obviously the best.
Reply 10
Original post by Jonesdawiz
Welsh are obviously the best.

I should root out all the Welshies on TSR and invite them to our society! Any suggestions? :lol:
Reply 11
Original post by Lewis :D
I should root out all the Welshies on TSR and invite them to our society! Any suggestions? :lol:

I would suggest putting it in your signature but for some reason TSR dont show me any signatures >:frown: I'd like to see them!
Reply 12
I would suggest putting it in your signature but for some reason TSR dont show me any signatures >:frown: I'd like to see them!

I just went and found about 20 Welsh people and invited them :tongue:
Reply 13
I just went and found about 20 Welsh people and invited them :tongue:

How? :P
Reply 14
How? :P

I made a thread about Wales a while ago so I reread it and invited the Welsh people. :lol:
You speak fluent Welsh?
Reply 15
I made a thread about Wales a while ago so I reread it and invited the Welsh people. :lol:
You speak fluent Welsh?

Yep, went to a Welsh school which yesterday got Band 1 in the results haha :biggrin::biggrin:

you?
Reply 16
Yep, went to a Welsh school which yesterday got Band 1 in the results haha :biggrin::biggrin:

you?

Lucky! No, I go to an English speaking school which got band 3 in the government's results :rofl:. I did second language for GCSE though :smile:
Reply 17
Lucky! No, I go to an English speaking school which got band 3 in the government's results :rofl:. I did second language for GCSE though :smile:

OHhh nice, well anyway your GCSEs are superior to mine and I'm jelly :frown:

Edit: we both got a C in Maths though!!!!! HIGHFIVE!1!!
Reply 18
OHhh nice, well anyway your GCSEs are superior to mine and I'm jelly :frown:

Edit: we both got a C in Maths though!!!!! HIGHFIVE!1!!

Maths was so difficult, it was by far my hardest GCSE. I just don't get maths :frown: :lol:. You planning on going to uni?
Reply 19
Maths was so difficult, it was by far my hardest GCSE. I just don't get maths :frown: :lol:. You planning on going to uni?

Yeah, I'm doing Psychology, Sociology, History and English Lit AS and I plan on going to Cardiff (Just found out you don't need a B in Maths <3<3) to do Psychology or History Humphhh

you?

Quick Reply

Latest