The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

2022 Bangor University Official Applicants Thread

Hi there! This is the OFFICIAL thread for Bangor University 2022 Applicants. We can't wait to meet you all but in the mean time why don't we all get to know each other a little :smile:

Here are some things you can tell us about to help get you started;
- What course are you applying for?
- How are you feeling about starting uni?
- What are you most excited for?

Scroll to see replies

Hi! My name is Maisie and I am applying to Zoology with Primatology. I just sent off my UCAS application so I am hoping to get an offer soon which would be so amazing as I chose Bangor cause I want a community feel!I am really excited to join uni as it is a new adventure and I get to study something that I am really interested and passionate in. Plus, I am also excited for the social life 😂
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Maisielytical
Hi! My name is Maisie and I am applying to Zoology with Primatology. I just sent off my UCAS application so I am hoping to get an offer soon which would be so amazing as I chose Bangor cause I want a community feel!I am really excited to join uni as it is a new adventure and I get to study something that I am really interested and passionate in. Plus, I am also excited for the social life 😂

Hi there,

That's fantastic to hear! Bangor is the perfect place to get that community feel :smile: If you have any questions at all I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi there! This is the OFFICIAL thread for Bangor University 2022 Applicants. We can't wait to meet you all but in the mean time why don't we all get to know each other a little :smile:

S'mae!

Nathan ydw i!

I'm applying for Linguistics and Modern Languages! I'm really excited about starting University next year as it's a chance to explore a new country (Wales for me)!

I'm really excited about finally getting to speak in Welsh to people!! I've been learning since March and I've loved every single part of it!!

Diolchhh,
N x
Original post by nathan.wain
S'mae!

Nathan ydw i!

I'm applying for Linguistics and Modern Languages! I'm really excited about starting University next year as it's a chance to explore a new country (Wales for me)!

I'm really excited about finally getting to speak in Welsh to people!! I've been learning since March and I've loved every single part of it!!

Diolchhh,
N x

Helo Nathan,

Dwi'n falch o glywed dy fod ti'n mwynhau dysgu Cymraeg!

It's great to see people learning Welsh and there are plenty of opportunity to learn Welsh at Bangor. We have a new programme that started this year which is Ffrind Cymraeg (Welsh Friend) that run by UMCB (the Welsh Students' Union). You can find more information on the programme here: https://www.undebbangor.com/groups/ffrind-cymraeg

If I can help in any other way at all please let me know :smile:

Rydym ni'n edrych ymlaen at gael dy groesawy i Fangor y flwyddyn nesaf!
Anna
S'mae!

Nathan ydw i!

Diolchhh,
N x

Hey Nathan! It’s so cool that you are learning Welsh and are excited to start a new adventure in a new country. Wales is more of a home for me seeing as my grandparents live there and we do a lot of visiting and long holidays. Although, I have never learnt the language because I struggle with languages but I am sure it is very interesting!
Just got my offer to study Zoology with Primatology at Bangor and I am chuffed 🙈
Original post by Maisielytical
Just got my offer to study Zoology with Primatology at Bangor and I am chuffed 🙈

Congratulations! Well done :smile:
We really look forward to welcoming you to Bangor next year. If there is anything I can help you with in the meantime please let me know :smile:

Anna
My application got submitted today!! Really hope I get an offer from Bangor!!! :smile:
Got my offer from Bangor!! Very excited and very happy about it!! Got 4/5 offers so far so when I get them all, Bangor will definitely be my firm!! :smile:
Got my offer from Bangor!! Very excited and very happy about it!! Got 4/5 offers so far so when I get them all, Bangor will definitely be my firm!! :smile:

That is great! Well done!
S'mae!

Nathan ydw i!

Diolchhh,
N x

Hey fellow linguist,
I've an offer too! I wish you lots of luck. Your enthusiasm has encouraged me to start Welsh again, though I'd better not procrastinate :smile:
Hii i’m Ariba, I'm applying for English literature and I’m really excited for university. In year ten, DHL funded a trip with our school to visit Aberdovey in Wales, ever since then i’ve always wanted to go back and as soon as i looked into Bangor i knew this is where i would want to go. I’m from england and it’s around six hours away so i’m a bit nervous to be so far from home. I’m so excited to be in such a beautiful space around students and lecturers that are just as passionate about literature as i am. Reading some other students comments has really inspired me to learn Welsh aha xx
S'mae!

Nathan ydw i!

Diolchhh,
N x

xx
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ariba567
xx

hey i sent you a message but i’m guessing it won’t let you reply since you’re new to student room?! xx
Hii i’m Ariba, I'm applying for English literature and I’m really excited for university. In year ten, DHL funded a trip with our school to visit Aberdovey in Wales, ever since then i’ve always wanted to go back and as soon as i looked into Bangor i knew this is where i would want to go. I’m from england and it’s around six hours away so i’m a bit nervous to be so far from home. I’m so excited to be in such a beautiful space around students and lecturers that are just as passionate about literature as i am. Reading some other students comments has really inspired me to learn Welsh aha xx

Hi Ariba,

That's wonderful to hear! We look forward to welcoming you to Bangor :smile:
UMCB (The Welsh Students' Union) run a project called Ffrind Cymraeg (Welsh Friend) which is where you buddy up with a Welsh speaker to learn some Welsh phrases and more about the Welsh culture. It's a great way to learn Welsh in an informal setting :smile: You can find some more information here: https://www.facebook.com/ffrindcymraeg
https://www.undebbangor.com/groups/ffrind-cymraeg

Don't worry if you're feeling a little nervous, I promise everyone else feel's exactly the same! You have plenty of time to prepare and once you're here I'm sure you'll settle in right away - Bangor is such a friendly city.

Please let me know if I can help with anything or answer any questions for you, I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna
Hi Ariba,

That's wonderful to hear! We look forward to welcoming you to Bangor :smile:
UMCB (The Welsh Students' Union) run a project called Ffrind Cymraeg (Welsh Friend) which is where you buddy up with a Welsh speaker to learn some Welsh phrases and more about the Welsh culture. It's a great way to learn Welsh in an informal setting :smile: You can find some more information here: https://www.facebook.com/ffrindcymraeg
https://www.undebbangor.com/groups/ffrind-cymraeg

Don't worry if you're feeling a little nervous, I promise everyone else feel's exactly the same! You have plenty of time to prepare and once you're here I'm sure you'll settle in right away - Bangor is such a friendly city.

Please let me know if I can help with anything or answer any questions for you, I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna

thank you so much for your lovely response:smile: I’ll definitely check out those sites, i was wondering if you knew how long on average it takes for ucas applications to be reviewed as i’ve recently applied : ))
thank you so much for your lovely response:smile: I’ll definitely check out those sites, i was wondering if you knew how long on average it takes for ucas applications to be reviewed as i’ve recently applied : ))

Hi,

Honestly it depends! Our admissions team will be getting quite a lot of applications now that it's getting closer to the deadline date, so don't worry if you don't hear anything until next year :smile:

Anna

Hi everyone,

1) I have applied for Law with Psychology (my application got sent off on the 16th December 2021)
2) I am really excited!! Even though Bangor is not my number one uni, it does the course I want to do and it seems like a really nice place and is far from home (which im actually really like). I may make it my insurance choice but it is a very good uni!!
3) Im excited to move away from home, do the course I want to do and be develop my independence ( i am really independent so Im not really scared or anxious about living by myself haha African parents taught me well XD)

It would be cool to get in touch with others, even if I dont go to Bangor. What other unis have others applied for?
(edited 2 years ago)
Bangor is my number one uni and I applied last year but deferred to travel which was the best choice ever may I add.I've got my place on the psychology with clinical and health psychology so its nice to see another psychology person on here!!

Quick Reply

Latest