The Student Room Group

Would you vote for a British Obama?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maxm79
Imagine a British Obama.
Lets say a Pakistani man with a Pakistani name. His agenda and policies are just as British as any other politician.

as like most of the other answers, depends if the party policies are decent...

Britain won't have a non-white prime minister until the demographics of britian shift towards a higher non-white population percentage
Original post by MonkeyMan2009
as like most of the other answers, depends if the party policies are decent...

Britain won't have a non-white prime minister until the demographics of britian shift towards a higher non-white population percentage

Which they are currently.

22% of English schoolchildren are not white. And over 25% of British births in the past few years have not been white. We are getting there! Slowly but surely!
Reply 82
Yes. "ever" is an awfully long time. I could see one within 15 years. :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
But if he is British he IS from our country?

He's as British as Ian Wright, he is British but not ethnically.
Reply 84
Original post by DdotT
He's as British as Ian Wright, he is British but not ethnically.

Stop being stupid. There's no such thing.
Reply 85
There'll be a British Obama soon enough. These trends always tend to lag a bit crossing the Atlantic.
Reply 86
White British people voting for a British Obama? Don't make me laugh. White British people still hold racist views, they see immigrants as a threat. Never going to happen because the British see Black people as criminals and Asians as terrorists.
Reply 87
Original post by ajtiesto
White British people voting for a British Obama? Don't make me laugh. White British people still hold racist views, they see immigrants as a threat. Never going to happen because the British see Black people as criminals and Asians as terrorists.

No they don't. We're expected to have a mixed race/non white majority by the second half of this century and most people will probably like it. A non white prime minister should easily be elected on that basis alone.
Reply 88
Original post by Gnobe
No they don't. We're expected to have a mixed race/non white majority by the second half of this century and most people will probably like it. A non white prime minister should easily be elected on that basis alone.

You look at all the top intuitions in this country. The police force, NHS, universities, banks, etc how many Asians or Black people are at the top. Not many is there. How on earth do you expect white British people to vote for a non white person. This country is racist within all the intuitions.
Reply 90
Original post by Gnobe
Stop being stupid. There's no such thing.

explain..
Reply 91
I think my local mp is of Pakistani decent and I voted for him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending