Original post by Newbie123
Rejection...

GCSE: 90% A*
AS: 4 A's
BMAT: 6.3 6.4 3.5A

I have the same BMAT as you...

ugh im getting scared now.

Did u get rejected post-interview...?

Also are you an international/gap year student?
Original post by kashkadi

are you international who hasnt heard anything from UCL yet like me?
Reply 782
Original post by medic_imperial18
are you international who hasnt heard anything from UCL yet like me?

Nope, I'm a UK applicant

What was your bmat score?
Nope, I'm a UK applicant

What was your bmat score?

Already posted above. Really bad! 4.6, 4.4, 3.5A. :frown: Most likely a rejection but I dont get why they haven't rejected me yet!?!
Reply 784
Original post by medic_imperial18
Already posted above. Really bad! 4.6, 4.4, 3.5A. :frown: Most likely a rejection but I dont get why they haven't rejected me yet!?!

Sorry I hadnt checked above...

Well you never know... because the rest of your application may outweigh the bmat scores.

Also I think they call the best to interview and then keep interviewing until they have filled enough places... so you may not hear for a long time :\
Sorry I hadnt checked above...

Well you never know... because the rest of your application may outweigh the bmat scores.

Also I think they call the best to interview and then keep interviewing until they have filled enough places... so you may not hear for a long time :\

But Iam International! Am I not supposed to have heard already?
Reply 786
I assume that they do the same for international places...

Ahh i hate waiting too :frown:

Good luck whenever it comes!
I assume that they do the same for international places...

Ahh i hate waiting too :frown:

Good luck whenever it comes!

yep good luck to you too!
Original post by kingcoltzan
Digger dam, I'm roughly the same stats....and London....

Did you feel the interview went alright?

I thought the interview was fine, except for when I got asked if I'd read any interesting medical journals recently (I hadn't read anything so I just said I hadn't had a chance to).

I haven't received a letter or anything, it just came through track saying I was unsuccessful.

Lol, don't worry, I wasn't rejected because of grades/scores, I think I was rejected because I didn't show that much enthusiasm for med in general.

And no, I'm not an international student or a gap year student.
Hi, I am assuming that most of you do biology, do you know anything about the Vitamin C practical because I have an exam on the 11th January and I havent even been taught about that practical!

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful!
Reply 791
Original post by thegreenchildren
Hi, I am assuming that most of you do biology, do you know anything about the Vitamin C practical because I have an exam on the 11th January and I havent even been taught about that practical!

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful!

Are you referring to the A.S. practical on Vitamin C (decolourising DCPIP)? I don't remember needing one for my exam this January...what exam board are you on?
Reply 792
Original post by Newbie123
Rejection...

GCSE: 90% A*
AS: 4 A's
BMAT: 6.3 6.4 3.5A

Hard luck dude :redface:. Keep your head up...your academics on paper are really good. Where else have you applied? What news?
Reply 793
Hi guys,
Do any of you know what the resit policy is at UCL? I heard that if you fail one module, but pass the rest, you have resit all of them. Is that true? :smile:
Reply 794
Original post by monkey101
Hi guys,
Do any of you know what the resit policy is at UCL? I heard that if you fail one module, but pass the rest, you have resit all of them. Is that true? :smile:

Why think so negatively?

Why the neg? Surely, it is right to go into Medicine in a confident manner?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 795

Hi guys,

From what I've heard, that is true.
Reply 796
Original post by battlette
Why think so negatively?

Haha, I don't mean to be such a pessimist! I really want to apply for UCL, (I'm in year 12) :wink: Its just i have heard that med school is hard work, and i don't want to be in a situation which will make it even harder!
Reply 797
Haha, I don't mean to be such a pessimist! I really want to apply for UCL, (I'm in year 12) :wink: Its just i have heard that med school is hard work, and i don't want to be in a situation which will make it even harder!

You should only go to a med school if you enjoy working hard and money is not your primary motivation. Then do some voluntary work with the old people and also the disabled. If you can tick all these boxes, then go for it - passing exams will not be a major hurdle.
I got an offer with
5A*s 4As at GCSE
4As at As
Bmat 5.5 4.3 2.5B
A week ago, which goes to show ucl look at your whole application... ESPECIALLY your PS.
And BTW in December the majority of interviews are for candidates who had outstanding PS, which the dean of admissions put aside before BMAT results were released.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by beckswilkinson
I got an offer with
5A*s 4As at GCSE
4As at As
Bmat 5.5 4.3 2.5B
A week ago, which goes to show ucl look at your whole application... ESPECIALLY your PS.
And BTW in December the majority of interviews are for candidates who had outstanding PS, which the dean of admissions put aside before BMAT results were released.

Well in on the offer :smile: Was UCL your top choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending