Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Zoology/Biological Sciences applicants for 2012 entry

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm going for biology at Sheffield, Oxford, Nottingham and maybe Manchester?? I don't know....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma363)
    Haha yes it does, that puts me at rest a bit
    I don't have any work experience either! only problem is I don't have volunteering either! fml

I have decided on an extended project title though, and I'm giving my personal statement another week to write itself before i get very angry.

I'm looking at zoology at sheffield, exeter, newcastle and royal holloway.

ANY advice?!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acrylic)
    I don't have any work experience either! only problem is I don't have volunteering either! fml

I have decided on an extended project title though, and I'm giving my personal statement another week to write itself before i get very angry.

I'm looking at zoology at sheffield, exeter, newcastle and royal holloway.

ANY advice?!
    Same whoops...
    Ha I'm aiming to get my personal statement done for tomorrow, but i'm only about 50% way through and I've ran out of things to put!
    I'm looking at biology at leicester, warwick and loughborough so far but I'm not sure where else :/
    I wish I could help :P
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm applying for Animal Science and Veterinary at Nottingham, Veterinary at Royal Veterinary College, Biological Sciences at Durham because I have an offer there, then Zoology at Newcastle.
    Does anyone have an idea of what university's are looking for in a person? Characteristic-wise?
    I'm gonna have to tailor my personal statement for bioscience/zoology/animalscience.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm reapplying this year as i was just off the required grades for the offers i got last year :/ ABC instead of ABB i didn't ABC was a bad result in my A-levels though

i'm applying to do zoology at Nottingham, Leicester, Cardiff, Reading and Newcastle

Pretty much completed my ucas application too other than what to put for re-takes
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (Online))
    Hey guys, thought I'd just hijack this thread to let you all know I'm doing Biology this year at York university. If anybody wants any information about york or applying for biology/biology courses in general then feel free to ask :^_^:

Yay for biologists! :clap2:
    I live in York
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie4884)
    I live in York
    I've been a few times, I only live about 20 minutes away by train (doncaster) so there'll be some familiarity! It's a lovely place
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm wanting to apply for zoology but recentley all the grades have been put up at the unis i wanted to apply for, im only predicted a BBC but hoping for ABC just wondering if anyone else has lower grades than ABB coz everyone who ive seen seem to have really high grades
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelgloriacox)
    I'm wanting to apply for zoology but recentley all the grades have been put up at the unis i wanted to apply for, im only predicted a BBC but hoping for ABC just wondering if anyone else has lower grades than ABB coz everyone who ive seen seem to have really high grades
    Where are you thinking of applying now? And where did you hope to apply before they changed their entry requirements? There are a fair few places who have entry of BBC
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for zoology with herpetology at Bangor Uni
    Not sure what other uni's to apply to though and my personal statement is difficult :confused:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yay, Im apply to do Biology at:
    Oxford, Sheffield, Bristol, Exeter and Newcastle

And I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Geography, and I have Music AS.

My personal statement is currently 48 lines and I couldn't be more frustrated! Ive literally done like 4 hours or more a day on it though, it's been very hard work :P Im finally getting there though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emgrace)
    Yay, Im apply to do Biology at:
    Oxford, Sheffield, Bristol, Exeter and Newcastle

And I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Geography, and I have Music AS.

My personal statement is currently 48 lines and I couldn't be more frustrated! Ive literally done like 4 hours or more a day on it though, it's been very hard work :P Im finally getting there though.
    How have you come up with an introduction? I'm having sooooo much trouble thinking of a first line or so that will make them read on

Well done on getting it to 48 lines though mine is about 5 haha
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there already a 2012 biology applicants thread?

(Original post by EmilieTheGreat)
    Hi everyone,
    I'm going for biology at Sheffield, Oxford, Nottingham and maybe Manchester?? I don't know....
    I know someone starting Biology at Mancs this year! she just left last week and apparantly is loving it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgarrud)
    Isn't there already a 2012 biology applicants thread?

I know someone starting Biology at Mancs this year! she just left last week and apparantly is loving it
    It looks like such a good course!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Cambridge (Natural Sciences) and then Biology/Biological Sciences at York, Lancaster, Durham and either Edinburgh or St. Andrews
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magickal)
    I'm applying to Cambridge (Natural Sciences) and then Biology/Biological Sciences at York, Lancaster, Durham and either Edinburgh or St. Andrews
    Have you decided which college you're applying to for Durham?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stir fried Giblets)
    Have you decided which college you're applying to for Durham?
    Yeah, I'm applying for St Cuthbert's because it has the right mix of self-catering/catering without having to pay for an ensuite room
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie4884)
    How have you come up with an introduction? I'm having sooooo much trouble thinking of a first line or so that will make them read on

Well done on getting it to 48 lines though mine is about 5 haha
    i had alot of trouble with an introduction/catchy first line when i was writing my personal statement last year. i started off with a general line i knew i was going to have to change and then as i was writing the rest of it a first line just popped into my head

good luck though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hey i'm applying to do zoology at Exeter, Leeds, Liverpool John Moores, Hull and Aberystwyth! I am finding my statement near impossible I just do not know what to write!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Application going well so far
    I've got 3/4 choices and I need another 1 or 2 yet, personal statement is done , just waiting for teachers to hurry up with references!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.