The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS MSc Adult Nursing (PG)

Hi,

I haven't seen a thread on here so wandering if anyone out there has applied, or is currently on, the UWS 2-year adult nursing programme?

I'm a bit confused by the website and can't tell if it would be better suited for me as a biomedical sciences graduate wanting to transition into nursing.
Just wanted to bump this! I'm in the same position as you. I have a degree in Biological sciences/Zoology and a post graduate degree. I'd like to transition to nursing but I'm unsure whether the BSc or MSc is a better option. From what I've read online, most seem to think that all pre-registration nursing courses are equal and if you can qualify sooner, why not? I'm still unsure whether an accelerated course would feel rushed or mean that while studying you'd have less free time for working etc.
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
Original post by wombagills
Just wanted to bump this! I'm in the same position as you. I have a degree in Biological sciences/Zoology and a post graduate degree. I'd like to transition to nursing but I'm unsure whether the BSc or MSc is a better option. From what I've read online, most seem to think that all pre-registration nursing courses are equal and if you can qualify sooner, why not? I'm still unsure whether an accelerated course would feel rushed or mean that while studying you'd have less free time for working etc.

Hey!

I don’t know if it’s any help for you but I had my interview in December for adult nursing. They explained a bit about the masters and from what they spoke about it seemed manageable, with it being slightly more suited for those who are perhaps wanting to consultancy, leadership and research roles. They did explain about the differences in courses but the interview adrenaline was flowing and I can’t remember specifics but can remember thinking it didn’t seem that daunting.

I applied for the BSc because I wasn’t aware of the MSc and was informed that people who meet the qualifications will automatically be screened for entry to the MSc (if that makes sense).

I think I’m leaning toward the MSc I think just wish there was more info.
Original post by HeatherM12
Hey!

I don’t know if it’s any help for you but I had my interview in December for adult nursing. They explained a bit about the masters and from what they spoke about it seemed manageable, with it being slightly more suited for those who are perhaps wanting to consultancy, leadership and research roles. They did explain about the differences in courses but the interview adrenaline was flowing and I can’t remember specifics but can remember thinking it didn’t seem that daunting.

I applied for the BSc because I wasn’t aware of the MSc and was informed that people who meet the qualifications will automatically be screened for entry to the MSc (if that makes sense).

I think I’m leaning toward the MSc I think just wish there was more info.

That's really good to know! Thanks so much.

I think the MRes is what I'm leaning to as well. I also wasn't aware of the MSc until after I'd submitted my applications to UoG, GCU and UWS. I've applied for the MSc at GCU but it's good to know that UWS might consider me to the MSc too.

How did your UWS interview go? I have mine this weekend.
Reply 4
Oh that’s great!

There was a half hour intro talk. It was a group interview there was about 10 people in my group so it’s easy to get talked over by bigger personalities so make sure and get your bit in. The tour they offer after is about half an hour and the facilities are great the new building looks fab. Good luck with your interview!
Reply 5
Has anyone not heard back yet? I'm still waiting on an interview offer (hopefully) but i'm scared its getting a bit too late now!
Reply 6
Original post by wannabae
Has anyone not heard back yet? I'm still waiting on an interview offer (hopefully) but i'm scared its getting a bit too late now!

For UWS? I haven’t heard back either... I emailed and they said they are still processing applications so couldn’t give me a date for hearing back. Hopefully soon.
Reply 7
For UWS? I haven’t heard back either... I emailed and they said they are still processing applications so couldn’t give me a date for hearing back. Hopefully soon.

Oh that’s a relief! There my first choice so I was getting a bit frustrated! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by wannabae
Oh that’s a relief! There my first choice so I was getting a bit frustrated! :smile:

I got a notification from them today with my offer (conditional on completion of my degree), have you heard anything?
Reply 9
I got a notification from them today with my offer (conditional on completion of my degree), have you heard anything?

nope not at all :frown: i emailed about 10 days ago asking on the progress and they said something will be updated in the next few weeks and i still havent heard! congrats on your offer though :biggrin:!

Hello,

did you get in to the MSc?
Reply 11
Hi,

I haven't seen a thread on here so wandering if anyone out there has applied, or is currently on, the UWS 2-year adult nursing programme?

I'm a bit confused by the website and can't tell if it would be better suited for me as a biomedical sciences graduate wanting to transition into nursing.

Hi Heather I wondered if you received information about this perhaps on a different thread? I am hoping to do the same.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest