The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Transfer from Uni of Plymouth to Exeter

I would like to know about transferring from the Biological Sciences Foundation Year to Zoology at Exeter University. I have been accepted to Plymouth on the foundation year and I am very grateful. However it was not my first choice, and I want to get into the Russell Group- Bristol is another option for me as well. Thank you so much.
Foundation years aren’t universally accepted. The Plymouth FY prepares you for year 1 of the Plymouth degree - that may not be accepted as enough for entry into year 1 at Exeter or Bristol.

Unless you would be happy to study the entire degree at Plymouth then don’t enrol on the course.

Most applicants would be better off resitting and reapplying instead of taking a foundation year.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Anonymous
I would like to know about transferring from the Biological Sciences Foundation Year to Zoology at Exeter University. I have been accepted to Plymouth on the foundation year and I am very grateful. However it was not my first choice, and I want to get into the Russell Group- Bristol is another option for me as well. Thank you so much.

Congratulations on being accepted on to the Foundation programme at Plymouth!

Foundation years are accepted on a case by case basis and often require additional consideration as it is really dependant on what content has been covered to ensure you have been sufficiently prepped for our programmes - we need to ensure you have the equivalent Science requirement to those entering with other level 3 qualifications. My best advice is for you to email Admissions directly with details about the foundation programme (including a link to the page with details of to see if it would be considered - we can never make a guarantee that you would be accepted prior to receiving your actual application but at least it would give you a better steer on your best course for the next 12 months. The email address is [email protected].

Sorry I can't give a firmed answer myself but hopefully it helps. It might also be worth doing this with Bristol to see what they say so you have as much info as possible before you make a final decision on what to do. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1

What grades did you get to be accepted onto the foundation year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending