The Student Room Group

Zoology/Biological Sciences applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by emmakh123
Im in the same situation with reading. Received an email last friday saying im going to be offered a place but ucas has yet to update. Dont know what grades i need still /: Did you apply for straight biological science like me? How long have you been waiting?

I applied for biological science at reading and they sent me an email today offering me a place :smile:
Reply 381
Original post by SmallKid
Reading or Nottingham as a firm?

Opinions?

I was hoping to get an offer from Notts as my firm, I have an offer from reading which I wanted as my insurance (but looks like it's going to be my firm at the moment) :smile:

out of curosity what condition has notts given you, and have you been to both open days?

I would probably go for Notts just because it is a russel group uni, but I'm probably bias because I live near nottingham and I love it there.

good luck

Just got an offer from Newcastle for Zoology, yaayy! :biggrin:
Reply 383
Original post by laurahumbug
I got one too! for biology? what day is yours? :smile:

Still waiting to hear from Manchester :frown: how long was it after you applied that you heard??
Reply 384
Just got an offer from Aberystwyth for Zoology! I'm definitely going to uni! Yaaaaaay!
offer from University of Birmingham!! :biggrin: yay, very happy! :smile:
Original post by harrie09
I applied for biological science at reading and they sent me an email today offering me a place :smile:

Got my offer through on track.a couple weeks ago - 320pts which works out as BBC as i already have a C at AS. But ive rejected the offer and swapped it for another course at UEA.
Reply 387
Sent my UCAS application in on the 14th November 2011.

Nottingham AB (Biology) Offer received 29/11/11 :smile:
Sussex AC/BB (Biology) Offer received 29/11/11 :smile:
Leeds B (Biology) Offer received 12/12/11 :smile:

UCL (Biological Studies) Questionnaire received and sent back

Imperial (Zoology) Unsuccessful 8/12/11
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 388
Original post by harrie09
I was hoping to get an offer from Notts as my firm, I have an offer from reading which I wanted as my insurance (but looks like it's going to be my firm at the moment) :smile:

out of curosity what condition has notts given you, and have you been to both open days?

I would probably go for Notts just because it is a russel group uni, but I'm probably bias because I live near nottingham and I love it there.

good luck

i'm still waiting on notts to give me an offer, i'm wanting notts for my firm and reading for my insurance too! but yea just like you at the moment it's looking like readings going to be my firm as no offer from notts on the table yet.

i went to three open days at nottingham last years and fell in love with the place and the course :smile:

you wanting to do zoology? or biology? :smile:

good luck to you too!
Original post by CupcakePrincess

Well its for anatomical sciences (but its part of life sciences/biology) Its on the 1st February. When's yours? :smile:

ah mine was meant to be then but i have an exam the next day so I managed to change it to the 8th! :smile: good luck in yours!
Original post by montoya93

Still waiting to hear from Manchester :frown: how long was it after you applied that you heard??

i applied on the 14th of november and heard back last week, so... just over 3 weeks? :smile:
Original post by rebeccapeake

Original post by rebeccapeake
offer from University of Birmingham!! :biggrin: yay, very happy! :smile:

SAME ;D
Reply 392
i applied on the 14th of november and heard back last week, so... just over 3 weeks? :smile:

but i dont want to wait that long :frown:

but i dont want to wait that long :frown:

dont worry, we officially have till march to hear! :smile:
Reply 394
Original post by SmallKid
i'm still waiting on notts to give me an offer, i'm wanting notts for my firm and reading for my insurance too! but yea just like you at the moment it's looking like readings going to be my firm as no offer from notts on the table yet.

i went to three open days at nottingham last years and fell in love with the place and the course :smile:

you wanting to do zoology? or biology? :smile:

good luck to you too!

Biology :smile: I just got an offer from notts today :biggrin: I'm having notts as firm (ABB) then reading as my insurance
ah mine was meant to be then but i have an exam the next day so I managed to change it to the 8th! :smile: good luck in yours!

I have an exam the next day too! Geography skills?? How did you change it, just emailed and asked? I wasnt sure what to do because I didn't want them to think I wasn't keen but then I am also coming up from Reading so wouldn't get back until late. Hope I can change mine too!!! Good luck with yours too!
Birmingham Human Biology offer today! Woohoo! :biggrin:

I have an exam the next day too! Geography skills?? How did you change it, just emailed and asked? I wasnt sure what to do because I didn't want them to think I wasn't keen but then I am also coming up from Reading so wouldn't get back until late. Hope I can change mine too!!! Good luck with yours too!

yeah! and i just emailed saying i was very like excited to have an interview but would appreciate having a day to revise as i want to do well in my exams, pretty please can i have a different day ! haha yeah imines like a 2 1/2 hour train journey! good luck x
Original post by Stir fried Giblets
I applied for Biological Sciences at Durham :smile: I have an offer, I sent my application off 6/10/11 and got my offer 22/11/11

Oh nice well done :biggrin:, being a bit nosy but what were your predicted and what was you offered?
5 offers woo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending