The Student Room Group

Zoology/Biological Sciences applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Originally Posted by pipistrelle
Has anyone had replies from Leeds and/or Essex yet? My application only went in on the 22nd (long story) so I've only had 2 offers so far but I'm going mad waiting!

I got my offer from Leeds pretty quickly, they are after ABB. I have all 5 offers now! How are you guys getting on? :smile:
Reply 561
Whats the nicest accommadation in Bham?
Reply 562
Original post by louthelion
Originally Posted by pipistrelle
Has anyone had replies from Leeds and/or Essex yet? My application only went in on the 22nd (long story) so I've only had 2 offers so far but I'm going mad waiting!

I got my offer from Leeds pretty quickly, they are after ABB. I have all 5 offers now! How are you guys getting on? :smile:

I just got a conditional through from Leeds but it was AAB :s-smilie:
Reply 563
Original post by pipistrelle
I got mine as well (BCC) I also got Keele on the 17th of January and then Reading (BBC) and Sussex (BCC)
Now I'm just waiting on Leeds but I'm so glad to have gotten 4/5 especially since there are only 15 or so places on Sussex's biosciences foundation year course

Well Done! I got BCC too, Im waiting on Kent and my interview at UEA to complete the 5. Hope you get a offer from Leeds :smile:
Reply 564
I have an interview for a couse called 'International Wildlife Biology' at the University of Glamorgan in Cardiff on the 29th Feb.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Qs I may be asked.
Thank you
Original post by Lisaaa77
Well Done! I got BCC too, Im waiting on Kent and my interview at UEA to complete the 5. Hope you get a offer from Leeds :smile:

Good luck with Kent and your interview- I got my offer from Leeds today, I'm really shocked, i was almost certain they'd reject me!
Got my first offer yesterday, from Leicester!

Waiting on UCL and Queen Mary! Anyone heard from these two for Biological Sciences/Biology?

Waiting on UCL and KCL for Human Sciences too..
Original post by kassius
Just got a questionairre from UCL for biological sciences :wink:, has anyone recieved an offer after sending this back?
also recieved offers from newcastle, liverpool and sussex :biggrin:- sussex being my favourite. awaiting manchester. gonna be so hard to choose!:confused:

What's the questionnaire like? I've yet to hear back from UCL!
Original post by Ridhima
Yeah...just got their offer for biological sciences!

Well done! Did you have an interview/questionnaire? :smile:
Reply 569
Got an offer from Reading for Zoology of ABB, anyone else thinking of going there?
Reply 570
Original post by Maz94
Got an offer from Reading for Zoology of ABB, anyone else thinking of going there?

i'm tempted :smile: i've got an unconditional :biggrin: can't decide between there and nottingham at my firm choice!
Reply 571
Ive got all my offers for biology from Nottingham, Exeter, manchester, kent and liverpool but i dont know which is the best to go to??
Original post by Laffers93
Ive got all my offers for biology from Nottingham, Exeter, manchester, kent and liverpool but i dont know which is the best to go to??

manchester's class for research
campus at nottingham is really nice (although the city isn't as good apparently)
not sure about the rest
Got my Human Sciences offer from KCL :smile: Was surprised as I'd left their Medicine course! Glad they think I'm still worthy lol

Anyone heard back from UCL for Biological Sciences or Human Sciences? What's their questionnaire like?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 574
Original post by inspiration91
Got my Human Sciences offer from KCL :smile: Was surprised as I'd left their Medicine course! Glad they think I'm still worthy lol

Anyone heard back from UCL for Biological Sciences or Human Sciences? What's their questionnaire like?

Congrats :smile: I've got an offer from Kings for Human Sciences too LOL
I've sent off my questionnaire. The questions are quite simple and im quite new to this forum so I dunno if I can post what they actually were but to be vague they were just like why UCL and questions on what you know about the course in a personal way...?

The word limit was actually quite small compared to what you could write. I guess it's basically another personal statement but focused on UCL. You should research the course and see what you gain from it and what you hope to do afterwards etc. Hope this helps ^^ (Haven't heard back from them yet though :s-smilie: )
Original post by gksmf
Congrats :smile: I've got an offer from Kings for Human Sciences too LOL
I've sent off my questionnaire. The questions are quite simple and im quite new to this forum so I dunno if I can post what they actually were but to be vague they were just like why UCL and questions on what you know about the course in a personal way...?

The word limit was actually quite small compared to what you could write. I guess it's basically another personal statement but focused on UCL. You should research the course and see what you gain from it and what you hope to do afterwards etc. Hope this helps ^^ (Haven't heard back from them yet though :s-smilie: )

Ooh congrats! What's your top choice? :smile: Mine is UCL, then KCL I think!

Ah okay the questionnaire doesn't sound too bad then :smile: Hope they get back to me soon cos I'm tired of waiting!! When did you send it off? Is it electronic btw? :smile:
Reply 576
Original post by inspiration91
Ooh congrats! What's your top choice? :smile: Mine is UCL, then KCL I think!

Ah okay the questionnaire doesn't sound too bad then :smile: Hope they get back to me soon cos I'm tired of waiting!! When did you send it off? Is it electronic btw? :smile:

Yeah same, UCL then KCL
I sent it off.. by the 26th of Jan, but I'd asked for an extension because I had Jan exams. Yeah they give you a site with like 5 questions and a box and they give you like a week unless you ask for an extension because of exams or other personal stuff. I just wrote it up on Word and pasted it afterwards. Thing is I think you only get it if your personal statement is good and focused on the subject. Mine was leaning more towards psychology so they probably sent me one. My friend is a med app but applied for neuroscience at UCL and he got one too.
Reply 577
Original post by Shippy
I considered post grad med, but given that it's so competitive and that i don't REALLY want to be a doctor anyway so i guess there's no point. You still need the A level grades etc. anyway. I'm thinking of doing a masters and phd maybe, then being a lecturer? I honestly don't know.

I'm actually looking at being a zoologist, i'm not using it as a route into another career, thats the one i want :L
Original post by GabbyRose
I'm actually looking at being a zoologist, i'm not using it as a route into another career, thats the one i want :L

This is SO good to hear!!!
It's like no-one realises zoology is a career path in its own right, so many people do it to go into vetinary
Anyone going to Exeter in Sept for Biological Sciences?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending