The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Hey all. Does anybody know if Keele has finished interviewing? I know they were a bit later this year but I haven't heard a single thing yet. Possibly thinking its a no go, but fingers crossed anyway :-)
Reply 1581
I'm also applying for the 6-year course and I haven't heard anything :frown:
Reply 1582
Original post by love.medicine
HAha that's ok :') when is your interview? :biggrin:

it's on the 22nd march! i am still quite surreal about the whole thing tbh.

is there a sort of campus tour on the interview days? not sure when to book my train ticket for as interview is late afternoon :s-smilie:

also its rather odd that some people are being wait listed and then given places when interviews are skill occuring :s-smilie:
Reply 1583
Original post by MOMOD23
Hey all. Does anybody know if Keele has finished interviewing? I know they were a bit later this year but I haven't heard a single thing yet. Possibly thinking its a no go, but fingers crossed anyway :-)

i just heard on the 7th march when i thought all hope was lost. so don't give up!
Original post by manderson
Thank you! Yes it's a story to tell people, 'I was rejected at first, but then had an interview, then got an offer'. I'm very relieved that I have been given this opportunity and that I have got in as a graduate, as I know how hard it can be. I wish you luck in your application and that you get an interview! :smile: How is the rest of your application going?

Good thanks, I've got an interview at Nottingham later this month, I am waiting to hear from Swansea after I had an interview end of feb and got rejected from leicester without interview. Keele would be my first choice though so just chewing my nails waiting to hear.
Ah, I've just got a letter through the post from Keele which states that, at this moment of time, they cannot make a firm decision on my application. However, they will make sure that they inform me of their decision before 31st of March, 2012.

I really don't know whether to take that as good or bad news. :s-smilie:
Who was at the visit day today?

PBL group 1 anyone? :biggrin:
Original post by Mon.MD
Im feeling ok about it thanks hun, I havent done much prep today after all. I have a statistics exam on Monday, so to prepare I have just drank wine this evening..:rolleyes: On my access course we have done a lot of interview prep though. Im really really hoping I get in, keele just sounds like an amazing place to study medicine.

Good luck on Monday! Keele does sound amazing and when you get there you'll be like 'Wow'....well I was anyway! :colondollar: Well hope everything goes ok for you!
Original post by ivor_the_engine
Good thanks, I've got an interview at Nottingham later this month, I am waiting to hear from Swansea after I had an interview end of feb and got rejected from leicester without interview. Keele would be my first choice though so just chewing my nails waiting to hear.

Well that's good! Good luck with Swansea on getting a reply and good luck with the interview at Nottingham and I hope Keele get back to you soon. I got rejected from Leicester as well, still waiting on Leeds, but I know I'm going to Keele, always was my 1st choice so I have been lucky. Good luck fellow graduate :biggrin:
Original post by arsi123
Ah, I've just got a letter through the post from Keele which states that, at this moment of time, they cannot make a firm decision on my application. However, they will make sure that they inform me of their decision before 31st of March, 2012.

I really don't know whether to take that as good or bad news. :s-smilie:

Awww, I was hoping you would get an offer straight away! People still get places whilst still on the waiting list, so you still have a good a chance as any! Good luck :smile:
Original post by arsi123
Congratulations ! :biggrin:

When was your interview ? :smile:

Thank you!

I had my interview 21st December and got put on the waiting list. It literally couldn't have went any worse but some how i got the offer! I see you are on the waiting list. Keep the faith coz if I can get an offer after that interview anyone can! :smile:
Original post by manderson
Awww, I was hoping you would get an offer straight away! People still get places whilst still on the waiting list, so you still have a good a chance as any! Good luck :smile:

Thanks. :smile:

I've got an interview at King's on this Monday. And they said that once the interview is done, I'll get a response in a couple of weeks, which means, I will be hearing from Keele and King's possibly at the same time. Scary !
Original post by KopKingAndy
Thank you!

I had my interview 21st December and got put on the waiting list. It literally couldn't have went any worse but some how i got the offer! I see you are on the waiting list. Keep the faith coz if I can get an offer after that interview anyone can! :smile:

Hey. :smile:

Thanks for the comforting comment. :tongue: Congratulations once again on your offer and hope you will be saying the same to me soon too. Ah, who am I kidding ? I think it'll be a rejection. :frown:

Trying to be positive about it though. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by arsi123
Thanks. :smile:

I've got an interview at King's on this Monday. And they said that once the interview is done, I'll get a response in a couple of weeks, which means, I will be hearing from Keele and King's possibly at the same time. Scary !

That is scary, but good luck with your interview on Monday! :smile:
Hi! I'm a new member to TSR, but been following the thread for a while :smile: Anyone at the visit day yesterday (sat) in pbl group 2? Just thought I'd ask!! :smile:
Reply 1595
Went to the post offer day yesterday and if anything it left me with more questions, not necessarily about the course but Keele as a whole university experience can any of the current students talk about how they find living in Newcastle-Under-Lyme and Stoke-on-trent?

Don't think I've phrased or expressed myself particularly well there but if the PBL session yesterday taught me anything it was that I'm not too great at that :/
Original post by FJH
Went to the post offer day yesterday and if anything it left me with more questions, not necessarily about the course but Keele as a whole university experience can any of the current students talk about how they find living in Newcastle-Under-Lyme and Stoke-on-trent?

Don't think I've phrased or expressed myself particularly well there but if the PBL session yesterday taught me anything it was that I'm not too great at that :/

Which PBL group were you in? :smile:
Original post by FJH

oh right! I understand what you are saying :smile: I must admit I did feel quite at home there - that was one of my worries :smile: which pbl group were you in? :smile:
Hey, people that have been on the Visit Day, when did you receive the information for the Visit day? And how do you book yourself on it? I'm still waiting for the info on the Visit Day, but got the Health questionnaire. Thanks :smile:
Im on the waiting list following my interview on the 1st of feb, do you think it would be worth ringing them and asking about a decision?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending