The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arsi123
I'm so depressed right now. :frown:

And thank you. King's is my only choice left now. If I don't get King's, I'll feel like a complete and utter failure. :frown:

Aww, you shouldn't feel like that!:console: I had 10 med school rejections before I got into Keele! So you know determination and persistence does pay off! I do hope Kings give you an offer!
Original post by LucyStead
Mine already says unsuccessful but then they emailed me saying there was a mistake but it hasn't changed so it will probably stay the same :frown:

Mine did too, I was one of those who got an e-mail saying there was an error, but I had an interview, and it never changed on Track. You will be notified of any changes by a track e-mail, then on Track it will change to conditional if you have an offer. Good luck
Rejected after interview! Gutted! UCAS Track updated to "unsucessful" just 2 days after my interview on the 21st.

So much for medical school this year and I turned 27 this February, wonder If I should try again, maybe for a graduate entry programme which is four years.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by daj198
Rejection via track just now.

Really sorry to hear, mate :frown: My interview was on Wed, might have bumped into you - 11.35? I'm expecting a rejection now too. Offer day's on the 28th and surely they can't give you an offer a day or so before that day? :/ Oh well. Best of luck with everything man :smile:
Original post by Thanatos833
Rejected after interview! Gutted! UCAS Track updated to "unsucessful" just 2 days after my interview on the 21st.

So much for medical school this year and I turned 27 this February, wonder If I should try again, maybe for a graduate entry programme which is four years.

So sorry to hear! What time did you get the rejection? If you really want it, keep trying. I wish you all the best with the future! :smile:

Aww man that's really sad :frown: Sorry to hear :console: and I also wish you every luck in future x
Thanks for the support guys, I definitely would like to try again, its just that I feel a bit self concious about my age and how I would fit in with others starting medical school at 28 (If I applied and got in next year)
Hi all I'm new to this thread. I got rejected from keele mid feb w/o interview and really feel for those of you with rejections. I'm a 27 year old graduate with a medical science degree and it was my first time applying, so my best advice would be to keep trying and don't lose hope :smile:
Reply 1708
Thanks for the support guys, I definitely would like to try again, its just that I feel a bit self concious about my age and how I would fit in with others starting medical school at 28 (If I applied and got in next year)

age is just a number. my partner is on the 5 year course and my friend is on the 4 year at barts and both have encountered people from all ages and backgrounds. if it's what you want to do, age is the last thing that should hold you back.

--

on another note. interview was on thurs. awaiting rejection. wish they just rejected me today rather than dragging it out till monday though. mega sigh. :frown:

Sorry about the rejection. As someone else posted, age really is not an issue! I am a grad on the 5 year course here at Keele, and always thought i would be one of the oldest....far from it . A handful of the grads are 26+ and in that bracket i would say there is at least 10 people. As for the rest of us we are mostly 22+ so age really is not an issue. There is a woman in second year and a guy in the third year who are at least mid 30's if not slightly older. If medicine is was you want, apply again next year. All the best.
Original post by metachic
age is just a number. my partner is on the 5 year course and my friend is on the 4 year at barts and both have encountered people from all ages and backgrounds. if it's what you want to do, age is the last thing that should hold you back.

--

on another note. interview was on thurs. awaiting rejection. wish they just rejected me today rather than dragging it out till monday though. mega sigh. :frown:

Oh, thursday? I thought the 21st was the last day :s-smilie: Yeah, I'm expecting a rejection now too. Because the offer day is on Wed and surely they would have given me an offer already if they wanted to? I doubt theyd be giving out offers on Tues :/ Oh well, hope they don't drag it out so I can start planning a gap year :frown:
Original post by nitj
Sorry to go off topic slightly guys, but are any offers from Keele strictly unconditional? Im on a gap year and when I got mine, it was a conditional (on CRB checks and things like that) but there was just a blank space where the grades would have been specified ('Your offer is conditional on you obtaining the grades *BLANK*' says the offer letter on UCAS). Could anyone else on gap year please confirm this is how its meant to be? Im probably being paranoid, but got a little bit of a shock when I first saw it was conditional...

Yes your right, conditional on CRB and health questionnaire completion. And letter is balnk where grades would have been. So you're not paranoid, it is deffo conditional. Hope that helps.
Reply 1712
Original post by karkarpops
Oh, thursday? I thought the 21st was the last day :s-smilie: Yeah, I'm expecting a rejection now too. Because the offer day is on Wed and surely they would have given me an offer already if they wanted to? I doubt theyd be giving out offers on Tues :/ Oh well, hope they don't drag it out so I can start planning a gap year :frown:

yup, there were a few of us on thurs. but my thoughts exactly. even monday seems a bit of a stretch to give out offers when weds is the offer day.

no idea. *shrugs*
Original post by metachic
yup, there were a few of us on thurs. but my thoughts exactly. even monday seems a bit of a stretch to give out offers when weds is the offer day.

no idea. *shrugs*

Yeah, but then again, I havent heard of anyone else getting offers that had their interview on wed/thurs. And they surely would have some more offers to give out if they called us for an interview? :s-smilie:
So do you not get an email from the university themselves after a rejection? Tbh I was expecting my rejection letter today in the post but nothing came will probably arrive tomorrow :|
Original post by LucyStead
So do you not get an email from the university themselves after a rejection? Tbh I was expecting my rejection letter today in the post but nothing came will probably arrive tomorrow :|

My thoughts exactly. They wouldve definitely given me the offer if I got one by now :/ Oh well, time to start planning that gap year :P
Im gutted was really hoping not to have to take a gap year but it's either do something else or wait for medicine but it's got to be wait for medicine :smile:
OMG. I GOT AN OFFER. I can't even believe my eyes, this is like the best day of my life!
OMG. I GOT AN OFFER. I can't even believe my eyes, this is like the best day of my life!

Well Done :smile: I knew you would be fine!

Congrats. See you in Sept :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending