The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got through A-levels and university with just the following:

Just went to paperchase on Goodge Street again. :love: love it there!
Original post by SpiritedAway
I converted all my class and lecture notes into plastic wallets and then into folders to keep them neat. I learnt throughout the year, so when it came to revision, I bought a large notepad and went through everything and made a table of everything I had covered i.e.
French:
que, qui, ou
rooms in the house
on holiday
building questions etc.

German:
Passive
etc etc etc

Then crossed off the ones I knew from revision and what was remaining, I got used said notebook for revision, instead of doing it twice throughout the year.

Equally, you could just do page numbers in the folder and do up a contents page so come to revision you know where everything is.

Thank you, very helpful :biggrin:
Today I bought 3 of the Stabilo point 88 fineliners (pack of 10) for £6.00 :biggrin:DDDD and a pack of four (different colours) fine sharpies for £2.75 and a pack of vball liquid ink rollerballs for £3.50 :biggrin: I thought it was blue ink but to my delight they were black ink :biggrin: Yay for Tescos!

On a related note, anyone know where I can get narrow ruled refill pads that are good value? Tescos didn't have any :frown:
Pos repped just because its such a random thread topic haha :tongue:
Original post by EvaStarshine
Today I bought 3 of the Stabilo point 88 fineliners (pack of 10) for £6.00 :biggrin:DDDD and a pack of four (different colours) fine sharpies for £2.75 and a pack of vball liquid ink rollerballs for £3.50 :biggrin: I thought it was blue ink but to my delight they were black ink :biggrin: Yay for Tescos!

On a related note, anyone know where I can get narrow ruled refill pads that are good value? Tescos didn't have any :frown:

Ryman do them and they are 3 for 2 at the moment too :biggrin: Here's the one I got
Reply 186
Original post by Lostwithoutyou

Ryman do them and they are 3 for 2 at the moment too :biggrin: Here's the one I got

That paper quality is crap, I prefer Oxford refill pads 90gsm
Original post by carbondummy
Been stalking this thread for ages. So far I have staedtler (sp??) fine-liner coloured pens and the Dodo Acad Pad planner. Now time for the notepads, refill pads and pens :biggrin:

How are you finding the Dodo Acad Pad? I had my eye on that! :tongue:
Original post by Sports Racer
I got through A-levels and university with just the following:

How did you manage that? :tongue: I used a whole forest of paper when I was revising because I kept writing notes and then throwing them away and writing them out from memory and making posters and writing out points and then I used 2 A5 notebooks and a whole pack of cue cards just for RS.

I was just about to cry at how cheap it was until I realised it isn't the Ryamn's narrow ruled paper I usually buy! I want to go and get it because I can't resist special offers but I can't be bothered to go!

Original post by sc0307

They don't do narrow ruled paper though do they?

I always get the premium Ryman paper which is why I was so shocked at how cheap it was!

Thanks for the rep, whoever it was! :biggrin:
I can't believe this thread is so popular. :h:

Original post by sc0307

You see I want a decent paper quality :P But the 3 for 2 is tempting. How is the ryman to write on? And do Oxford do the narrow ruled paper? (And where may I buy it from if they do?)
Original post by diamonddust
I was just about to cry at how cheap it was until I realised it isn't the Ryamn's narrow ruled paper I usually buy! I want to go and get it because I can't resist special offers but I can't be bothered to go!

I always get the premium Ryman paper which is why I was so shocked at how cheap it was!

Its an awesome thread! How much is the premium, and whats the paper quality like? :smile:
I couldn't agree with you more. I love collecting pens :biggrin:
Reply 192

[QUOTE="diamonddust;33999314"]I was just about to cry at how cheap it was until I realised it isn't the Ryamn's narrow ruled paper I usually buy! I want to go and get it because I can't resist special offers but I can't be bothered to go!

I don't really care about wide or narrow ruled paper. I just like good quality thick paper. There's 5 for £13 on amazon which I think is very reasonable.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 193

You see I want a decent paper quality :P But the 3 for 2 is tempting. How is the ryman to write on? And do Oxford do the narrow ruled paper? (And where may I buy it from if they do?)

I'm not sure tbh but there on amazon, seems I can't paste the link here :s-smilie:
How did you manage that? :tongue: I used a whole forest of paper when I was revising because I kept writing notes and then throwing them away and writing them out from memory and making posters and writing out points and then I used 2 A5 notebooks and a whole pack of cue cards just for RS.

I make notes in two pads throughout the year and then forget about them until revision. Then, I combine all important info from notes/lectures/readings/etc to form one revision bible, then just work from that. In total I only use up four pads a year.

A-levels were pretty much the same but with even less paper. For RS I think I had perhaps five A4 pages of revision notes per module? The idea is to reduce revision notes to just a word that triggers an entire chain of concepts, arguments, counterarguments, etc.

I find posters, cue cards, etc. a waste of effort but obviously people have different preferred methods. The only time I created a mindmap was when I had to condense about fifty overlapping paragraphs from ten articles into one stream of points.
Original post by sc0307

I usually use WH Smith paper but I got this, regretting it now that people say its crap to write on!
I usually use WH Smith paper but I got this, regretting it now that people say its crap to write on!

It's probably better than WHSmith paper! :tongue: It's not that crap, don't worry. In fact, the paper I got from staples is only 5 GSM better so we can write on 'crap' paper together! :tongue: You can get hole reinforcers to stop the holes from tearing up. It's just that it's not particularily good quality. 90 GSM is the best I've seen (Oxford) and I think the one I get from Rymans is around 80 GSM. Don't worry about it, it's not the glorified toilet paper you get from Wilkinsons! :tongue: We all seem rather... obsessive on this thread haha
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cambridge-Refill-Headbound-Punched-E76794/dp/B000I5ZJKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315857839&sr=8-1

Cambridge do narrow ruled paper. I always knew I preferred it to Oxford for a reason... :tongue: *cough* Never been to Oxford *cough*
Ah... 70 GSM. :frown: :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cambridge-Refill-Headbound-Punched-E76794/dp/B000I5ZJKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315857839&sr=8-1

Cambridge do narrow ruled paper. I always knew I preferred it to Oxford for a reason... :tongue: *cough* Never been to Oxford *cough*
Ah... 70 GSM. :frown: :tongue:

I already have a pad of the wide ruled of this :O I bought them on offer 2 for £4 (I got four and only have one left) I'd completely forgotten about them, but yeah I'll totally get this, thank you :biggrin: I always liked writing on the ones I had and used them for my A levels. Since its on offer, its definately worth it :biggrin:
i went and got one of the Palgrave student planner 2011-12 diary's today figured it looked good enough to get, still have to acquire all my supplies for this year stationery wise so thats a work in progress :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending