The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jeh_jeh
Ringbinder. I dunno, it just looks neater to me. And it also means that any extra worksheets or handouts can be inserted in the correct place.

It's also much easier to slot extra work/research etc you've done at a later date on a topic in to the right place (which is a must for me!)
Can I still order from viking direct as a student?
Also, is there free delivery on fridays? :smile:
Original post by Happy-Turtle
Can I still order from viking direct as a student?
Also, is there free delivery on fridays? :smile:

yep, I'm pretty sure that in the business bit you just put "other". can't really remember but it's something along those lines. and not too sure about the delivery thing I'm afraid
I start college in September and ever since I saw my brother come home from Staples three years ago with arm-fulls of new stationary for when he started, I have been waiting for my turn to come.
He also went for when he started Uni last year which was pretty painful to watch - a four hole hole punch? I could only watch enviously.

Next monday I will be getting everything I need (and probably a lot more) despite the fact that I "already have most of it anyway" (as my Mother says). She doesn't get it. Of course I need two sets of highlighters - one for my desk at home, and one for in my bag.

Luckily my Dad can 'aquire' those nice Stabilo highlighters from work, as well as unlimited folder dividers.

Also, I'm finally going to invest in those really good Staedtler Fineliner coloured pens. I've wanted some for ages but for some reason never got any. My friend had them this year at school and understandably, wouldn't let anyone else touch them.

Need a decent pencil case as well despite having about a million at home already. Preferrably with two/three sections but they always end up being really big and stuffed and barely fit in my bag.
They've changed the design of the Oxford notebooks, the new ones are lush :ahee: Really cheap at Staples too!
Original post by Antifazian
They've changed the design of the Oxford notebooks, the new ones are lush :ahee: Really cheap at Staples too!

how much? :smile:

can anyone help me get all the stationery for uni for £10?

i already have a student planner :tongue:
Original post by number23

staples is super cheap for most stuff
This thread makes me want a filofax!! :frown:
Im surprised theres no thread devoted to filofaxes tbh :biggrin:
Reply 1188
Original post by number23

The Oxford notebook costs £2 in Staples :smile:
Original post by EllieJelly96
I start college in September and ever since I saw my brother come home from Staples three years ago with arm-fulls of new stationary for when he started, I have been waiting for my turn to come.
He also went for when he started Uni last year which was pretty painful to watch - a four hole hole punch? I could only watch enviously.

Next monday I will be getting everything I need (and probably a lot more) despite the fact that I "already have most of it anyway" (as my Mother says). She doesn't get it. Of course I need two sets of highlighters - one for my desk at home, and one for in my bag.

Luckily my Dad can 'aquire' those nice Stabilo highlighters from work, as well as unlimited folder dividers.

Also, I'm finally going to invest in those really good Staedtler Fineliner coloured pens. I've wanted some for ages but for some reason never got any. My friend had them this year at school and understandably, wouldn't let anyone else touch them.

Need a decent pencil case as well despite having about a million at home already. Preferrably with two/three sections but they always end up being really big and stuffed and barely fit in my bag.

aha you remind me so much of myself, and you're called ellie too - good name :wink: im the same with over-stuffed pencil cases...i dont understand these folk that just stroll into class with some tatty notebook and one skanky biro!

Speaking of which, does anyone else hate letting others borrow their stationery? If i loan out a rubber, people use every other corner except the one corner they're "allowed" to use...angry! Or they stab it with a pencil, or write their name on it. Their name, on my rubber, what? No respect these days. Or those that chew a decent pen! Then try to hand it back...no thanks mate you can keep it, seriously. Or those that borrow felt pens/fineliners then push/split the nib! What?! The worst one at school was people borrowing my tippex pen just to graffitti their bag. I am so over-protective of my stationery, but needs must...!
Reply 1190
Original post by Antifazian

I love the new design too :love:
Original post by ellieee-x
aha you remind me so much of myself, and you're called ellie too - good name :wink: im the same with over-stuffed pencil cases...i dont understand these folk that just stroll into class with some tatty notebook and one skanky biro!

Speaking of which, does anyone else hate letting others borrow their stationery? If i loan out a rubber, people use every other corner except the one corner they're "allowed" to use...angry! Or they stab it with a pencil, or write their name on it. Their name, on my rubber, what? No respect these days. Or those that chew a decent pen! Then try to hand it back...no thanks mate you can keep it, seriously. Or those that borrow felt pens/fineliners then push/split the nib! What?! The worst one at school was people borrowing my tippex pen just to graffitti their bag. I am so over-protective of my stationery, but needs must...!

Sorry for butting in :P

This is exactly why I bought two sets of stationery; The good stuff for my desk... and the stuff that I will take into college, for example, I bought a pack of 12 biros for 80p, so I don't really mind borrowing those out to people :smile:
Original post by aqua123
The Oxford notebook costs £2 in Staples :smile:

Gotta get myself down to staples! Is this a4 or...? Also is this the regular price or some offer for a limited time? Need oxford paper in my life! Have heard its on offer in tesco, so am thinking of taking a trek over to solihull as theres a tesco/staples/paperchase/smiths quite near to each other. Oh and a hobbycraft for other bits & pieces :smile: more craft than stationery though, but any excuse. sounds like quite a thrilling day out, eh..just me?

Do you all know about the paperchase student discount if you register with unidays? Love!
Original post by Happy-Turtle
Sorry for butting in :P

This is exactly why I bought two sets of stationery; The good stuff for my desk... and the stuff that I will take into college, for example, I bought a pack of 12 biros for 80p, so I don't really mind borrowing those out to people :smile:

Ooh dont worry about butting in, im glad someone understands the method in my madness, aha! Good idea with the cheap biros, gonna try that!

With every stab a part of me dies inside :frown:

This is why i generally don't let people touch my stationery let alone use it :P
Original post by The.Joker
This thread makes me want a filofax!! :frown:
Im surprised theres no thread devoted to filofaxes tbh :biggrin:

I just had to...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2085927&p=39045703#post39045703

^^Filofax appreciation society thread :biggrin:

Might be able to make it into an actual soc if we have enough interest :smile:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I just had to...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2085927&p=39045703#post39045703

^^Filofax appreciation society thread :biggrin:

Might be able to make it into an actual soc if we have enough interest :smile:

OMG you LEGEND!!! :biggrin:

Haha that skanky biro was probably mine once as well - lent to them in pristine condition only to befall a lifetime of being chewed and put into someone's pocket without a lid.

With me, I get a bit mental when people touch my stationary without my permission. If you ask to borrow something, then fine but I geniunely get really pissed off if I turn around in class and someones rifling through my pencil case. It's really irrantional.
With the whole rubber thing, I must have lent one to a friend once and then used it in my exam pencil case cos I took it out in an exam and it had 'I <3 Jenno' on it. Woops.
Reply 1198
Gotta get myself down to staples! Is this a4 or...? Also is this the regular price or some offer for a limited time? Need oxford paper in my life! Have heard its on offer in tesco, so am thinking of taking a trek over to solihull as theres a tesco/staples/paperchase/smiths quite near to each other. Oh and a hobbycraft for other bits & pieces :smile: more craft than stationery though, but any excuse. sounds like quite a thrilling day out, eh..just me?

Do you all know about the paperchase student discount if you register with unidays? Love!

Yup, the notebook is A4 :smile: Tesco are doing it for £2.11, I think. The Oxford Refill pad costs around £1.48. This is an offer for a limited time..I think they normally cost around £3-£4 ish. You're so lucky that you have those shops next to each other. I buy most of my stationery from Tesco/Staples, but even then, they're far from where I live. Stationery shopping is the best! You'll deffo enjoy your time!
Thanks to this thread I just spent all my money on ordering a Filofax Personal Domino and a Parker Vector fountain pen :colone:

I REGRET NOTHING.

Latest

Trending

Trending